Page 1 of 23 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV driver attacked by motorcyclists following collision

Default SUV driver attacked by motorcyclists following collision

Motorcyclists Pull Driver from Car in NYC, Beat Him After Collision

A group of motorcyclists riding in New York City on Sunday chased and then attacked the driver of an SUV after he collided into a biker, while one biker filmed the entire confrontation, police said today.
    The 33-year-old driver of a Range Rover was driving north on Manhattan's West Side Highway with his wife and 2-year-old child around 2 p.m. when he found himself surrounded by a group of motorcyclists, police said.
    Video recorded by one of the bikers in the group shows the motorcycles slowing their speed as they surround the Range Rover, and the Range Rover then tapping the fender of a motorcyclist in the group. Twenty to 30 bikers then surrounded the Land Rover and started gesturing at him, the video shows.
    The motorcyclists then began damaging the Range Rover and slashed one the tires, causing the driver to take off and flee north and then exit the highway as his tire deflated, according to Officer Christopher Pisano of the NYPD.
    As he was attempting to flee, the SUV driver hit a motorcyclist before speeding off, causing the entire group of bikers to take off after him. During the six-minute encounter, the Range Rover driver slowed down enough at one point for a motorcyclist to get off his bike, run up to the Land Rover and open the driver's side door before the Range Rover fled again.
    Finally, after the entire group turned off the highway and the SUV rolled to a stop, motorcyclists ran up to Range Rover and one biker, using his helmet, began smashing the windows of the vehicle, the video shows. Other bikers joined in before the video was stopped.
    The bikers then assaulted the driver, according to the NYPD. The driver's wife and 2-year-old child were not harmed. The driver was taken to Columbia Medical Center, where he was treated and received stitches, police said.
    The video was uploaded by the biker to Live Leak with the caption, "A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride." The information posted with the video claimed that a biker was killed when he was hit by the Range Rover, but police said that was not true.
    Police are investigating witness accounts. A video of the chase and confrontation was also uploaded to the Internet. Pisano said police are "combing everything" as part of their investigation, but no arrests have been made yet.

Pisano was unsure whether the motorcyclists were officially affiliated with any group or club.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-shows...ry?id=20419705

Video at link.

Wife and 2year old in the car - watch for yourself - victim or assailant?

all of these "bikers" should never be able to hold a driving licence for the rest of their life after serving a long sentence.

I would have turned that SUV into a 2 ton guided weapon that would have cleared the roadway if those dinks put my family in danger like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    I would have turned that SUV into a 2 ton guided weapon that would have cleared the roadway if those dinks put my family in danger like that.
    yeah but it seems as if the range driver attempted to flee the scene after causing an accident in the first place. or am i misinterpreting the video?

i mean he practically crushed the bike at the very beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    That was my thought as well - too bad (too good ?) nobody involved was carrying a gun.

[FONT=Verdana]
    Quote Originally Posted by wacaff View Post
    yeah but it seems as if the range driver attempted to flee the scene after causing an accident in the first place. or am i misinterpreting the video?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]i mean he practically crushed the bike at the very beginning
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]When somebody flees the scene of an accident, pursuing them and getting in their way (with a smaller vehicle) is just stupid.[/FONT]

yeah but it seems as if the range driver attempted to flee the scene after causing an accident in the first place. or am i misinterpreting the video?

It was his fear of breaking the law that got his family placed in such a dangerous situation - This wasn't a situation where one pulls over and exchanges insurance information. I would have argued I wasn't fleeing the scene but breaking contact and defending my wife and small child from a violent gang.

I have little doubt a jury wouldn't agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by harryc View Post
    That was my thought as well - too bad (too good ?) nobody involved was carrying a gun.

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]When somebody flees the scene of an accident, pursuing them and getting in their way (with a smaller vehicle) is just stupid.[/FONT]
    I would have assumed someone in that crowd had a gun - We know for a fact one had a knife capable of slashing a tire.

Zune Free At Last FlintHillBilly's Avatar

It lookee like the biker either slowed down or put on his brakes once in front of the SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by FlintHillBilly View Post
    It lookee like the biker either slowed down or put on his brakes once in front of the SUV.
    That is what i got or did they start filming after a incident?

This wasn't a situation where one pulls over and exchanges insurance information.
    it cerntainly wasn't after the crushed the bike he could have locked the doors and called the police

having said that i would probably have reacted the same way if surrounded by a mad max style crowd like that.

so I'm not second guessing his decision just saying that objectively some responsibility is on the driver

so I'm not second guessing his decision just saying that objectively some responsibility is on the driver
    Indeed, but his first responsibility was to protect his family. Everything else comes second.

That first biker appears to be driving by and mouthing the SUV driver off, then cuts him off and basically brake-checks him and makes him to collide to force a traffic stop and confrontation. After some ******* does that, anything goes IMO.

Senior Member Kaiser Prussotroll's Avatar
    Failing art school, writing a book about invading Russia

I hope the driver gets out of this mess ok. All of those *******s deserve to have their bikes and licenses confiscated.

Getting ripped in mp.net's insanity thread!

No the bikers caused the accident. they boxed him in and then braked for no reason.

Senior Member Kaiser Prussotroll's Avatar
    Failing art school, writing a book about invading Russia

Quote Originally Posted by tea drinker View Post
    No the bikers caused the accident. they boxed him in and then braked for no reason.
    That's the way I saw it as well.

This entire incident is a ****ing disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    That first biker appears to be driving by and mouthing the SUV driver off, then cuts him off and basically brake-checks him and makes him to collide to force a traffic stop and confrontation. After some ******* does that, anything goes IMO.

This, the bikers boxed him in and did a brake check and caused an accident, its clearly in the video.