Thread: 3D Model of 3 cm Minengeschoss 108 Ausführung A mit Zerleger, need input

Cool 3D Model of 3 cm Minengeschoss 108 Ausführung A mit Zerleger, need input

Greetings,
    I've reversed a single 2D drawing into a working model of a 3 cm Minengeschoss 108 Ausführung A mit Zerleger. It was done in Pro/E (student edition) and took about 40hrs in all.

Check out the photos. I can also send the model to anyone who would like it. I believe I can export it to IGES.

The CAD software seems to output massive images at a fairly low res. (like 10,000 X 10,000 pixels) I hadn't had much luck scaling them down without losing quality so i just cropped them to make it a little more manageable... Any input on how to re-size fix this will be appreciated.

There are a couple of things I'm not sure I got right.

#1 being the safety coil. Not really any good details out there on how this looked or functioned.
    #2 being the cartridge primer (as I'm pretty sure it was electrically primed?). Not exactly sure how this worked either.
    I'd be glad to correct these things and anything else that you can identify if you can point me in the right direction.

Next, I'm looking at doing something else such as a shell, bomb and/or fuze. Any suggestions or photos?

when the blitzkreig reigned & the bodies decorated with xmas lights..

cst,

that is some nice looking CAD work! I can't tell you anything about the specs or correctness of the drawings, only that they look good and very professional, and that is from a guy (me) who worked in CAD for 19 years at 5 days a week/ over 8 hours a day, and was the lead cad draftsman of a large company. Nice work!

I think I would like to do a M1 Bazooka AP round or a BK 3,7 AP shell.
    If anyone has any links or section drawings, please post them. I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks,

CS

i made a Sten Mk 2 in inventor for my own entertainment\learning inventor from one of the online available blue-prints. trigger mechanism worked, but was not perfect, and my self-taught inventor skills were to lacking to ever get a finished product i was happy with. But it helpes masively with my understanding of both inventor and the sten.

I found these originals of the Minengeschoss 108 ...

source: (with much more pictures and info)
    http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163/weapons15.htm

Dont know how helpful that was

[SIZE=2]Yeah, Thats Where I got my drawing. Except the drawing you posted is a little different from the picture of the shell. The one I did was under the heading of:
    Type I, German name: 3 cm Minengeschoss 108 Ausführung A mit Zerleger
    (3 cm M-Gesch. 108 Ausf.A m. Zerl.)
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
    which is like the 9th from the top.

A lot of great info on that site.
    [/SIZE]