Thread: Planning on buying first AEG

Default Planning on buying first AEG

Hey guys....I'm thinking of buying my first AEG and I'm trying to gather everyone's thoughts on how good it is. I either want a TM M4A1 RIS or a TM SR 16. Please tell me your thoughts on these weapons....
    Thanks,

Brandon

The SR-16 has the LARGE battery so it's performance and upgrade capability will be higher. It's a wiser choice.

personally I wouldn't waist my money on a TM. I think the ICS M4 or CA M4's are a much better choice.

I have an ICS and love the split gear box design. I have a Stock Upper Gearbox for CQB, and a Mod. Upper Gearbox for outdoor. Also the ICS has a working forward assist. It's used to decompress your spring after firing the rifle.

My ICS shoots about 280fps with .25s.

Both the ICS and CA's come with Metal Bodies and you will never have to worry about barrel wable from either of them also.

If by chance you can't afford an ICS (I paid 300.00), I would go with a SR-16. You will have the advantage of using a Large Batt. However you will only need a Large Batt. after upgrading your gun.

Locked in The Almighty Armpit of the South.

I like TM, I don't like CA. ICS wouldn't probably be a horrific idea though. I think what you were going for in the two guns that you asked about was the RIS module, right? RIS used to be a big issue on the wallet, now there are mulitple options on the market. You can buy one rail for about $12 at www.cheaperthandirt.com or you can buy entire sleeves at a much lower price than once was. I'm not sure exactly how much, because I only like one or two rails, not an entire sleeve with four rails... Just my preferance. I like to be able to keep my original grip, because that's what I find comfortable... Just up to you, do some shopping around as far as RIS goes. As far as your AEG goes, I (personally) like TM, but just know that they come with plastic bodies, but awesome internal upgrade options. ICS will be harder to upgrade, that's the nature of the beast, because of the unique mechbox design... BUT they have good metal bodies. Just depends on your fancies.

Hope that helped!

Ok, so if I go that route and buy the rails from Cheaper Than Dirt, I could technically buy a standard TM M4A1 and just put the rails on it? Also, what place would you guys advise me to buy from?
    Thanks...

You could do that, OR you could go the route of buying an ICS M4A1 OR even buy a CA M15A4 3/4s (or whatever they like to call their M4 copy)- however you choose to spend your money. I think ICS would be a cool way to go, because I know first-hand that you'll spend about $150+ on an after-market metal body. I think if I had the money around, I'd go with an ICS... Then again, I might buy an AK too, so it's really just up to you (whoever buys any AEG), have fun and make sure to shop around!

www.uncompany.com (overseas shipping is gonna cost a little more, but on some guns it can be cheaper than US retailers)
    www.generationairsoft.com
    www.precisionairsoft.com

Those are just a few-

You have got to be the first person I've ever heard endorse ICS.

I can vouch for an SR16 as that is what I have. GREAT gun. I only encountered any problems once really and that was just lack of maintenance on my part for a brief span of time. Now that I clamped down on the upkeep, it works like a damn. Great gun, great battery life, and if you are a tall, long armed person like me, the fullstock is nice. I totally prefer it to the retractable. But maybe thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly26
    You have got to be the first person I've ever heard endorse ICS.
    What's wrong with them?

I was just saying I've never heard anyone say anything good about them.

I haven't heard anything either way.

I wasn't advocating the sale or recommending them as much as just telling him to give em a shot... never know!

I like my ICS, I've yet to have any troubles with it. However, I've only fired about 3000 rounds total though it. Not one Jam.

And now you can get the ICS M4 in several different ways, with RIS, with out RIS, with Retracting or Solid Stock.

Also, having the forward assist helps keep from leaving the spring slightly compressed also. Keeps you from dry firing your weapon on Simi after a match.

I'd go with the SR16, definately. My brother just got one (his first gun) from Blazing Toys, and it's too awesome. When you let off a burst in auto, all bullets in that salvo hit where the first one hit. It's very, very high quality stuff (better be, for three-fitty!). The only gripe I have is that the trademarks are very sloppily "melted" off the gun, and the barrel wobbles a few millimeters. Other than that, it's a solid ten-pound mass of crazy goodness!