Page 8 of 217 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 3249

Thread: Irish military photos

  1. #106
    Worlds Tallest Leprechaun
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in the land of no more avatars, someone keep's taking my good ones away
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imshi-Yallah
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0523/9news/9news56_3a.smil
    Heli op conversion by a Liberia bound unit.

    do us a favour and just pretend they're blackhawks...we did
    With any luck Imshi they will be soon, as long as they don't muck upthe heli tender, keep the finger's and toe's crossed

  2. #107

  3. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default


  4. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moughoun
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshi-Yallah
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0523/9news/9news56_3a.smil
    Heli op conversion by a Liberia bound unit.

    do us a favour and just pretend they're blackhawks...we did
    With any luck Imshi they will be soon, as long as they don't muck upthe heli tender, keep the finger's and toe's crossed
    is this wat you are talking about
    Elite Army unit to get four armed helicopters
    Don Lavery
    8th June 2004
    The Irish Independent
    ********************************

    FOUR new armed helicopters are to be used by Ireland's elite soldiers, the Rangers, giving a boost to the country's anti-terrorist capabilities.

    It is the first time aircraft have been acquired mainly for use by the Rangers and it also marks the first time Irish helicopters will be armed to support their operations.

    Up to now, the Rangers have had to use small Air Corps helicopters, some of them up to 40 years old, but now the force will have large modern helicopters on call.

    The move comes amid a continuing security review of Ireland's defence capabilities after the September 11 atrocities, which saw a boost in the strength of the Ranger Wing.

    It also reflects the use of the Rangers on dangerous missions like those in East Timor and Liberia where helicopters proved invaluable for inserting and extracting small Special Forces teams.

    Such tactics would also be used by the 40-strong Ranger unit promised by the Government to the European Rapid Reaction Force.

    According to documents sent to helicopter manufacturers vying for the contract, the four helicopters will have a primary tasking of training and operating with the Rangers. They will each be able to carry two four-man teams.

    __________________
    --Aindri˙--

  5. #110
    Worlds Tallest Leprechaun
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in the land of no more avatars, someone keep's taking my good ones away
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solidus
    Quote Originally Posted by moughoun
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshi-Yallah
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0523/9news/9news56_3a.smil
    Heli op conversion by a Liberia bound unit.

    do us a favour and just pretend they're blackhawks...we did
    With any luck Imshi they will be soon, as long as they don't muck upthe heli tender, keep the finger's and toe's crossed
    is this wat you are talking about
    Elite Army unit to get four armed helicopters
    Don Lavery
    8th June 2004
    The Irish Independent
    ********************************

    FOUR new armed helicopters are to be used by Ireland's elite soldiers, the Rangers, giving a boost to the country's anti-terrorist capabilities.

    It is the first time aircraft have been acquired mainly for use by the Rangers and it also marks the first time Irish helicopters will be armed to support their operations.

    Up to now, the Rangers have had to use small Air Corps helicopters, some of them up to 40 years old, but now the force will have large modern helicopters on call.

    The move comes amid a continuing security review of Ireland's defence capabilities after the September 11 atrocities, which saw a boost in the strength of the Ranger Wing.

    It also reflects the use of the Rangers on dangerous missions like those in East Timor and Liberia where helicopters proved invaluable for inserting and extracting small Special Forces teams.

    Such tactics would also be used by the 40-strong Ranger unit promised by the Government to the European Rapid Reaction Force.

    According to documents sent to helicopter manufacturers vying for the contract, the four helicopters will have a primary tasking of training and operating with the Rangers. They will each be able to carry two four-man teams.

    __________________
    --Aindri˙--
    Ya that's it

  6. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default


  7. #112

    Default


    Joining the Javelin party, although one brit anti armour squaddie I talked to had a low opinion of the system vs the milan and claimed to have witnessed a US javelin team firing 14 rounds at a static target and missing 11 times

  8. #113

    Default


    ARW training in the US....apparently

    http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=ARW26.jpg
    Larger version of same pic,

  9. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default



  10. #115
    Worlds Tallest Leprechaun
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in the land of no more avatars, someone keep's taking my good ones away
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imshi-Yallah

    ARW training in the US....apparently

    http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/...ewĄt=ARW26.jpg
    Larger version of same pic,
    Imshi, could you post the bigger image as your Account is password protected, so I can't see the pic, thank's in advance

  11. #116

    Default




    [img]http://www.********************/News/june_2004/Sisu_Patria_Irish_01.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.********************/News/june_2004/Sisu_Patria_Irish_02.jpg[/img]

  12. #117
    Senior Member ZeroPositive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    cool photos

  13. #118

    Default

    Salthill airshow in galway:



    Don't worry the red arrows haven't defected
    The blackhawk is being considered for Irish service at the moment.

  14. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default


  15. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    68

    Default





Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •