Thread: Most/Least Deployed Army Infantry Units?

Default Most/Least Deployed Army Infantry Units?

Hey anyone know where I can find the facts about which US Army Infantry units are deployed the most/least. It would be some good info to influence my decision on which unit to join - I heard that you can't select which unit you want, but you can select which location you want to be stationed at, and you'd be assigned to the infantry unit that's at that location i.e. Fort Bragg = 82nd, Ft. Campbell = 101st etc.

So far I "think" 101st/82nd/10th are deployed the most but 101st seems to be my primary choice so far because they get lots of action

over the last 5 years or so, the 10th mtn has been the most deployed division in the army.

Hmm.. Anyone else know which units are secondary to the 10th MTN? I'm guessing as follows but I gurantee I'm wrong becuase its mere guesses and not factual intel:

1. 10th
    2. 101st
    3. 82nd.
    4. 3rd
    5. 173rd

Ah, how's the INgenius Boot Sock? I read it's the best!

How ironic/coincidental. Here I was, e-mailing Wellco on whether I'd have to get a larger boot size if I wore the INgenius Boot Sock when my MSN Messenger tells me someone replied to [size=2]THIS TOPIC[/size] about your tip about warm socks

I've heard the facilities at Bragg are kinda shabby. I know Campbell is being getting better and better each and everyday, they have a ton of new barracks and are building more...very nice looking. Is Bragg going through renovation as well?

How's the city/town around Bragg?

The Clarksville-Hopkinsville area around Campbell is nice. Good fishing, hunting, etc. 45-65 Minute drive to downtown Nashville. A new Hooters was just built this past spring, hehe.

twice the mass of ordinary hydrogen Deuterium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TF160SOAR
    I've heard the facilities at Bragg are kinda shabby. I know Campbell is being getting better and better each and everyday, they have a ton of new barracks and are building more...very nice looking. Is Bragg going through renovation as well?

How's the city/town around Bragg?

The Clarksville-Hopkinsville area around Campbell is nice. Good fishing, hunting, etc. 45-65 Minute drive to downtown Nashville. A new Hooters was just built this past spring, hehe.
    Sorry to bust your bubble TF but from a soldier's standpoint both 'Hoptown, Clarkistan, and Fayetnahm" are ****holes. I say again this is from a soldiers standpoint. I don't know of any soldier who will rave about being stationed in either local. Young soldiers are concerned with , booze, chicks, booze, chicks, and maybe not in that order. All these towns suck in each category. Try being a 19 buzcut infantry soldier in these towns. IT BLOWS!!! All of these places are filled with pawnshops, Korean drinking holes, *****clubs, and soldier unfriendly populations and police forces. Now granted as you get older, married, wiser each of these places offer a little something. Though I must say I never figured oput what Fayettville offered, maybe access to the Atlantic. Don't fret yourself, I'm sure if I grew up in any of these places my opinion would be different, but like I said, from "Joes" viewpoint they all suck.

Default what i know

yeah the 10th is just about everywhere, but the 101st is all over Iraq and Afghanistan doing alot of fighting, it was them who killed Saddans sons, and all the units you listed are becoming much "lighter" and more SO orinted, so that means theyre able to deploy quicker and into more of the nasty stuff from what i know. What sucks to me though is that the 101st and sometimes the 10th are performing alot of Ranger type missions, which sucks, because thats what i want to become, and im gonna be pissed if all the building seizure missions fall to the 101st like they have been when thats really a Ranger mission. But oh well.

life sucks when the women are all mil, burned out *****pers or heffers...

DLI is where it is at..mil (almost) life in the middle of civie land, where you can lie and say you are there for the Aquarium fund raiser

... screw Fayetnam..".ohhh but we have Cape Fear & and downtown market house"...good you can keep 'em too.

"It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuterium
    Sorry to bust your bubble TF but from a soldier's standpoint both 'Hoptown, Clarkistan, and Fayetnahm" are ****holes. I say again this is from a soldiers standpoint. I don't know of any soldier who will rave about being stationed in either local. Young soldiers are concerned with , booze, chicks, booze, chicks, and maybe not in that order. All these towns suck in each category. Try being a 19 buzcut infantry soldier in these towns. IT BLOWS!!! All of these places are filled with pawnshops, Korean drinking holes, *****clubs, and slodier unfriendly populations and police forces. Now granted as you get older, married, wiser each of these places offer a little something. Though I must say I never figured oput what Fayettville offered, maybe access to the Atlantic. Don't fret yourself, I'm sure if I grew up in any of these places my opinion would be different, but like I said, from "Joes" viewpoint they all suck.
    What??? are you kidding....what's not to love about Fayettenam? one mediocre looking broad surrounded by about 40 high and tights, plus you can finance anything as long as you have an LES (hehehe....You can get a a stereo and rims to go with your firebird and only pay 800% interest compounded hourly. ), plus the townies are great...I've only ever had one egg mcmuffin drive by, and my buddy has only been shot with a paintball gun once (after getting home from the stan). I was living off post in a hotel for a few months, and the **********s and drug dealers were all friendly.
    I don't know what's wrong with you Deuterium.....
    -b

but the 101st is all over Iraq and Afghanistan doing alot of fighting, it was them who killed Saddans sons
    I knew the 101st was involved but I thought the TF20 guys were the ones that actually killed them.

I heard it was the TOW missiles that actually killed 'em.

the most deployed units behind the 10th mtn are the light infantry units (82,101, 25th) and the ACR's. this is because they are all light units and can move their brigades quickly and easily. since i know someone is wondering how an ARMORED cav unit is light, most of the ACR's TO/E is made up of HMMWV's, especially the 2nd ACR(which is attached to the airborne corps, and therefore has to be movable by airlift). the other regts. have more armor, but are still more of the traditional cav unit: light and fast.

What??? are you kidding....what's not to love about Fayettenam? one mediocre looking broad surrounded by about 40 high and tights, plus you can finance anything as long as you have an LES (hehehe....You can get a a stereo and rims to go with your firebird and only pay 800% interest compounded hourly. ), plus the townies are great...I've only ever had one egg mcmuffin drive by, and my buddy has only been shot with a paintball gun once (after getting home from the stan). I was living off post in a hotel for a few months, and the **********s and drug dealers were all friendly.
    I don't know what's wrong with you Deuterium.....

IMHO, "Fayettenam" sucks ass through a straw. But that's just me.

Edit: YAY I got a star! Haha... sorry I got a little excited about that.

is bragg really that bad?? why so??

how does ft drum compare??

Bragg itself doesn't seem too bad, though I haven't been on that many posts, so I wouldn't know. It's the civilian town around it that sucks ass.