Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures from Yugoslav civil war 91-99

Mirsad rules
    "Sijekovacki interventni vod brani svoj narod i Bosanski Brod.." ah memories

Hmmmmm lets not open the serb loses at Vukovar discussion.
    Maybe some day we will really found out the real losses on all sides trought the war backed by facts. Till that day lets not go there.....

The info on war casualties is nothing official.
    The numbers change with the source of the side providing the data.

We shouldn´t confuse people here with middle ages stuff, or we might have a flame war on who fought the turkish invaders better

Aj deco dosta onanisanja po internetu sutra morate u skolu
    Pozdrav iz prve oklopne brigade-one sto ste je unistili na Vukovaru jedno dva tri puta Bilo na HTVu u decijem programu Mora da je istina
    A i Zemun je bio deo NDH Kad dolazite po svoje?
    E nacijo najstarija u Europi

oh the losses a real alright.. There they lost impact force for a next big push.. they couldn't advance nowhere in Croatia and they didn't.. one of result was mass desertation's in Serbia and to compensate that, mass mobilisation too you now "army truck park's in front of caffe bar an every body in it" there0s no shame in that.. Trpinjska cesta was known as tank graveyard...
    Losses on Croatia's side are known. Serb's are hiding their's losses like a snake hiding her leg's.

šetaj opanke cigo.. ali prije uperi prstom u svoja kolica http://video2.hrt.hr/vukovar/v4.rm

Kretencino bedna.

1) I was born in Australia to Serb parents - I speak English better than I do Serbian, although the fact that I speak Serbian at all is a miracle considering.

2) 14,000 Vukovar Serbian dead? From 30,000 engaged? Considering the usual 1:2-3 dead/wounded ratio, that would give roughly 28,000-42,000 Serbian wounded for a grand total of 58,000 Serbian casualties or ~200% force strength? LOL! 400 destroyed tanks? Just to give some perspective on this to the rest of the community, this idiotic little boy is claiming a kill/loss ratio of ~17:1 in favor of the Croats, who lost some 750 men from 2,000 engaged in Vukovar...

If you ask the majority of the international community the war in BiH and Croatia claimed 200,000-250,000 lives (80-90% of them civilian). So you've got room for maybe 25-50,000 military dead in total.

Recent studies show that the war in Bosnia (far bloodier than the war in Croatia) took 100,000 lives in total. Most of them civilians.

Where do your fantastic casualty figures come from?

3) You keep saying Serbian, Serbian, Serbian when what you mean to say is: Bosnian Serb and Croatian Serb. See, sunshine, Serbia wasn't involved in the war, other than supplying arms and some volunteers to the two Serbian factions. Those volunteers you called, I believe, 'Vikend Cetnici' - because they would come and fight during the weekends and go home to work during the week.

Of course, Croatia and Bosnia, outnumbering their opponents by roughly 4:1 shouldn't have had that much difficulty to begin with, but you make it sound as if their victory was never a strategic certainty in the long run.

Now, if you *had* continued your advances against RS (Milosevic knew you would cease and desist due to international pressure) then Serbia would have become actively involved in the war from 1995-6 onwards. And then you would have been in a whole world of ****.

Any other point of view is just that of a nationalist dog, with more internet bravery than sense.

Lokos

Banned user

15 000 troops dead in Vukovar???????????

BWAGGAGAGGAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH

What ****ing war were you watching??????????

And didnt CIA do a report on the war in Yugoslavia, and it was determined that in the Serb region of Krajina, the croat losses exceded those of the Serbs.

so stop making **** up, u ****ing hobo....

Banned user

Oh yeah, Lokos does bring another interesting point. SERBIA DID NOT PARTICIPATE WHOLY IN THE WAR!!! Belgarde from 90-95 was like almost unaware of any happenings to the west.

It was Serbs in Krajina and Republic Srpska. ANd in this case, they WERE outnumbered by croats and muslims GREATLY.

If any of you think otherwise, YOU ARE A ****ING TOOL who tryes to ignore the factual history.

PS- oh yeah, where exacly do you think croatia would be now if Serbia took a 100% role in the war??? Just think about it......

So your perspective from Australia on war is better then my, who actually spend the whole war on a front

O.K from now on I'll only give you info from Serbian sources.
    You say..
    You keep saying Serbian, Serbian, Serbian when what you mean to say is: Bosnian Serb and Croatian Serb. See, sunshine, Serbia wasn't involved in the war, other than supplying arms and some volunteers to the two Serbian factions. Those volunteers you called, I believe, 'Vikend Cetnici' - because they would come and fight during the weekends and go home to work during the week.
    Forces involved in siege of Vukovar: Force's of Operational group "North" undr the command of General Major Andrija Biorcevic and Operational Group "South" under the command of Colonel Mile Mrksic with air support of 1st Air Corp under the command of Colonel Branislav Petrovic. Operation itself was execute under command of General Zivota Panic commander of the 1st military region
    Units involved:
    1st. guard ploreterian mechanized division (JNA, Serbia)
    12, 36, 51st and 453rd mechanized brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    Guard motorized brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    80th motorized brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    211th and 252nd armour brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    20th partisan brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    16th mix artillery brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    63rd paratroop brigade (JNA, Serbia)
    Units of Serbia's TO -territorial defence from Sremska Mitrovica, Kragujevac, volunteer unit's from Belgrade, Novi Sad, Ruma, Inđija, Sombor, Smederevo and Smederevske Palanke. ( Serbia)
    Of local rebelion Serbs unit's from Negoslavci and Vukovar participated as well.
    Source: Narodna Armija: "Destroyed myth of Mitnica" Narodna Armija, 2.IX.1991 ; "Borovo before the final fall" Narodna Armija, 9.XI.1991; "The dawn of freedom will rise" Narodna Armija, 9.XI.1991 "Vukovar in the hand's of liberator's", Narodna Armija 20.XI.1991; "Importanat experinece for tank crews" Vojska, 10.VIII.1995

Podaci vojno statističkog karaktera dobrim dijelom objašnjavaju doprinos Vukovara u obrani Hrvatske, te ujedno ilustriraju zašto je Vukovar bio u središtu interesa svjetskih medija i proučava se kao vojno teoretski fenomen.

Naime, u obrani Vukovara tijekom okruženja sudjelovalo je oko 1800 branitelja. Oko 60% bili su stanovnici Vukovara, a ostalo su bili domoljubi iz ostalih dijelova Hrvatske i Herceg Bosne. Trećina branitelja uspjela se u manjim skupinama probiti iz Vukovara, oko 500 do 600 je poginulo, a ostali su zarobljeni ili ranjeni. S već navedenim skromnim naoružanjem ostvareni su fascinantni borbeni rezultati: uništeno je više od 300 tenkova i oklopnih transportera, oboreno je oko 25 zrakoplova, broj mrtvih četnika procjenjuje se na 5 do 7 tisuća, a 20 do 30 tisuća je ranjeno.
    O.K i have to correct myself there were no 15 000 but 5 000 -7 000 dead, 20 - 30 000 wounded chetniks, destroyed 300 tank's and 25 airplane's
    from 1 800 croatian defenders 600 ave lost their live's in combat and another 200 wounded were sloughter after they were pulled out of hospital.. more than 5 000 civilians were sent to Serbian concetration camps

You better correct yourself further. That's still ~100% of force strength. According to you, no Serb was still standing to occupy the place after the battle...

Oh, now it's 300 tanks, is it? LOL. And how many APC's? And how many tanks 'just' damaged? And how many tanks out due to logistical problems? There are so many inherent problems with your casualty analysis that it beguiles the mind.

I was in Uzice in 1991-1992.

Unless you were in Vukovar itself, your uninformed opinions on this subject are next to worthless.

Lokos

Gentlemen, this otherwize fine thread is beginning to turn into crap with your personalized insults and flaming, could you please continue this off-thread?

Let me quote BHM, who started this thread:

Post any pictures of armed men you got from that time period, and no coments about serb butcher,muslim fundametalists, albanian terorists and croatian nazis please.

Although some of you might have interesting stuff to tell, it is still being poluted by the flaming, and as a last request, please keep it in English.

Dado! Thank for your informed interpretations of the HVO videos.

regards
    Upfrontreporting

we'll... I'm not giving personal qualifications... just fact's