Thread: Lets see the firearm collection.....

Quote Originally Posted by T3ngu View Post
    Dont hold your breath mate. Bore sites will put you on paper, but are not perfect.
    yeah, but thats alot better than what the sight picture was when I drew the weapon from the armoury

Small note, bore sight needs to center on the crown to be some what accurate. The muzzle brake may not be concentric enough. I like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE THOR View Post
    yeah, but thats alot better than what the sight picture was when I drew the weapon from the armoury
    True. I take it range time is worse than it was a few years back?

Next to A 5.56mm Galil AR, because someone has to shoot all the steel case the AR-15 owners hate

new um sort-of not really a firearm..... yet.... to accompany my Remington 870...

Quote Originally Posted by Death. View Post
    Going to take a moment to say something about Rock Island Armory's customer service.

I had a couple of issues with my pistol, small issues, but still needed correction. The functional issue was that my slide stop just didn't work, the **** wouldn't engage mag followers and lock the slide on the last round. The second is I had a shallow cut, wide space rear sight that is more meant for quick acquisition and defensive shooting, I preferred the tighter opening and deeper cut style that my friend has. After emailing Ivan, he asked for my address and sent out replacement parts. I got the package today (about a week later). I opened the bag to find not only the parts, but 2 of each. They sent 1 serrated slide stop, 1 checkered, 1 target-style rear sight, and 1 rear sight like I already have. I know the parts might cost about 5 cents for them to make, but that speaks greatly if their desire to 'get it right' with the customers. Both of the new slide stops function flawlessly in all of my mags except one I butchered ($7 mag). Haven't put the rear sight in yet but it looks like what I asked for.

The second thing is their presence within the community. They are very, very active on their Facebook page. While a lot of people think Facebook is just to cry/whine/talk about worthless stuff, it's actually a very important and effective business tool as we keep heading into the future. Their CEO, Martin, posts updates, answers questions, and even posts photos of various manufacturing process of different parts and pieces. Other companies have Facebook pages too, let's use Glock as an example. Glock's Facebook is almost purely advertising and shooting the bull. RIA uses their facebook as a gateway for communication and customer support in addition to the normal marketing and advertising. It truly is incredible to see this from a company which produces a 1911 that ends up being sold for $380.

And with that they have earned a lifetime customer.
    Good to hear, Death.

Quote Originally Posted by PCSOGADGET View Post

new um sort-of not really a firearm..... yet.... to accompany my Remington 870...
    How do you like your CZ-BRNO RV85?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaar.at View Post
    The suppressor is just a fake can on a real mk23 unfortunalty - supppressors are not legal here. The 30 round+ mags, sights with nv brightness settings and lasers are legal. Just tactical lights on rifles are a no go - but allowed on pistols.
    oh crap..[SIZE=1](remove go to austria from the to-do list)[/SIZE]..why are we europeans so unlucky???

Quote Originally Posted by metros177 View Post
    oh crap..[SIZE=1](remove go to austria from the to-do list)[/SIZE]..why are we europeans so unlucky???
    because we are. norway is ok at the moment, the knee-jerk reactions after Oslo are subsiding, without any major legislative changes. They've even started processing applications for semi-auto rifles again (they were stopped for a while, with no basis in law, common sense or reason, just because).

The Czech republic sounds nice, and Switzerland is\was ok. But with the EU devolving in to a oppressive dictatorship, i don't think any member state should be counted on for much longer.

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

Well you guys love to vote in loony lefties (that make Obama look like a NeoCon, which he sort of already is) into office, so its not really that hard to figgure out why common folk cant get all the fun toys.

Well, you guys are luckier in OTHER ways. So it evens out. I would trade all of my evil black women and children killing machines, to have a nice little country house outside of Como or Reggello.

Priorities.

You consider yourself unlucky because you can't have a suppressor on your AR?

In Germany, I'd already have to go through alot of hassle if I wanted a legal handgun...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry's Fork View Post
    Well you guys love to vote in loony lefties (that make Obama look like a NeoCon, which he sort of already is) into office, so its not really that hard to figgure out why common folk cant get all the fun toys.

Well, you guys are luckier in OTHER ways. So it evens out. I would trade all of my evil black women and children killing machines, to have a nice little country house outside of Como or Reggello.

Priorities.
    oh well to get such kind of house you should trade weapons on the black market trust me..prices are sky-rocketting now especially in cool places..
    hey i'm free to get drunk and drive and smoke some sh1t but not to have a ccw?seriously guys i know US are not the perfect place but here we are really really f'ed up.
    ps: nice blade sensei

Quote Originally Posted by b0sco View Post
    You consider yourself unlucky because you can't have a suppressor on your AR?

In Germany, I'd already have to go through alot of hassle if I wanted a legal handgun...
    no, i'm unlucky because i can't afford a permit, and an ar here goes anywere from 2k to 5k €...and no, no cans allowed, neither swapping uppers, barrels, collapsible stock and so on.oh and you can't build your own gun.

no, i'm unlucky because i can't afford a permit, and an ar here goes anywere from 2k to 5k ...and no, no cans allowed, neither swapping uppers, barrels, collapsible stock and so on.oh and you can't build your own gun.
    You from Belgium ????

Next to A 5.56mm Galil AR, because someone has to shoot all the steel case the AR-15 owners hate

He219, the RV-85 No. 0148 is perfect, came with the original box marked No. 0148, cloth and leather scabbard, a full set of spare parts -to include a spare firing pin in a sealed plastic bag with a note in the bag indicating that the firing pin "was hand fitted to 0148", cleaning kit, tools, as well as a test target, firing log, and manual, all of which were marked with 0148. Firing log shows 20 shots fired through it. Seems just about NRA "Perfect" condition minus 1 or 2 small mars in the wood.
    I plan to DD it and try loading some moderate shotgun loads for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadOnionSix View Post
    You from Belgium ????
    italy...