Thread: Lets see the firearm collection.....

  1. #16981
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    15,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaWhisky58 View Post
    Depends very much on the rifle and the bullet wight in my experience, but I have to admit a particular dislike of the .270 - much prefer .30-06 personally.
    Ive got M70 that I cant shoot anything bigger then 150gr without hurting my shoulder, and thats in Hogue stock, I want to rebarrel it to .270, hoping its small inought for my shoulder to take it but with inough punch to take anything between coyotee and a moose, Im hoping that with a varmint type barrel the weight of the rig will increase slightly to produce lesser recoil



    just to add before Im branded as a whimp, I shoot .303br with a steel plated butt without a problem, whole day long, its just this one rifle that for some reason pains me whenever I shoot it

  2. #16982
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason-Dixon
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,450

  3. #16983
    Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Feeling The HateŽ, Jockistan
    Posts
    14,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Ive got M70 that I cant shoot anything bigger then 150gr without hurting my shoulder, and thats in Hogue stock, I want to rebarrel it to .270, hoping its small inought for my shoulder to take it but with inough punch to take anything between coyotee and a moose, Im hoping that with a varmint type barrel the weight of the rig will increase slightly to produce lesser recoil

    just to add before Im branded as a whimp, I shoot .303br with a steel plated butt without a problem, whole day long, its just this one rifle that for some reason pains me whenever I shoot it
    I'm not sure that going from .30-06 to .270 will be the answer as .270 is really at the red line with 150gr bullets and thus doesn't give you the versatility with big game that .30-06 does. Rather than spending the money on re-barreling, have you considered porting your barrel - Magna-port, Boss or similar, or installing Kick-stop in your stock.

  4. #16984
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    25,185

    Default

    This is a "Let's see the firearm collection thread", not a gawdam chatty Cathy thread.


    Small note wear shooting glasses. If It needs to be explained... then don't do shooting.

  5. #16985
    Senior Member IDF_TANKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The world's 6th most dangerous country.
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,645

    Default

    ^^^ Awesome! Ho it shoots? BTW, what is this on the left - the cocking handle? What's up with that?

  6. #16986
    Suspended for infractions wiking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norway.
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,335

    Default

    sweet little gun. I'm guessing that thing redefines loud

  7. #16987
    Banned user theholeinthedonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    ^^^ Awesome! Ho it shoots? BTW, what is this on the left - the cocking handle? What's up with that?
    On the last version of the Micro, they switched the cocking handle from the right to the left side. I only shot it once on FA at thirty meters so I can't reallty tell you how it "shoots" . For the last two years shooting with the toys has been a luxury I can't enjoy very often......

  8. #16988
    Banned user theholeinthedonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trunk_munkey28 View Post
    How do you like the SpectreDR, Holeindonut?
    Mine rocks; it even got a good work out on a FN Minimi about a year back, no issues.
    I love mine very much, I prefer it to my ACOG. But keep in mind that I'm only a fat civvie gun nut who shoots at the range from 100 out to 300m...so my appreciation is not of much worth.

    One of our Canadian members used one on his last roto to Afghanistan though AFAIK he was very satisfied with it.

  9. #16989
    Senior Member Death.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,596

    Default

    All of the serial numbers covered up?

  10. #16990
    Krachslhuaba He219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    22,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D3ath View Post
    All of the serial numbers covered up?
    It's prudent that he does - before his images end up all over the net. Mr. Hole has quite the collection.
    I usually obscure or photo-chop my receiver serial #'s ...

  11. #16991
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    25,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    It's prudent that he does - before his images end up all over the net. Mr. Hole has quite the collection.
    I usually obscure or photo-chop my receiver serial #'s ...

    I have been thinking of moving to where Mr. Hole lives. Those select fire are very very nice.

  12. #16992
    Daddy's little boy RSone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Posts
    14,253

    Default

    As any Dutchman will tell you, Luxembourg is for driving through on your way south or north.

    But seriously, very nice stuff Hole, over here you need a permit signed by the justice minister himself to own automatics, ergo, never going to happen.

  13. #16993
    Senior Member Death.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    It's prudent that he does - before his images end up all over the net. Mr. Hole has quite the collection.
    I usually obscure or photo-chop my receiver serial #'s ...
    I understand that, but he literally has paint covering the numbers on the actual rifle. When I see someone with a rifle where they are trying to cover up something such as the ser # I think illegal or 'this guy is going to kill somebody.' Sorta like scratching off the VIN# on your car.

  14. #16994
    Banned user theholeinthedonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D3ath View Post
    All of the serial numbers covered up?
    I take it you are refering to the yellow markings.I think it's some kind of tactical markings, it's not on the serial numbers. I saw the same on a pic of an Israeli one. Maybe one of the Israelis onboard can help.

  15. #16995
    Senior Member IDF_TANKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The world's 6th most dangerous country.
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theholeinthedonut View Post
    I take it you are refering to the yellow markings.I think it's some kind of tactical markings, it's not on the serial numbers. I saw the same on a pic of an Israeli one. Maybe one of the Israelis onboard can help.
    Something like that. Basically, kind of IFF thing for plain clothes security people.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •