Thread: Lets see the firearm collection.....

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

Nah, CJ's a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO JULIET View Post
    at no point was any one in danger, we had clear lines of fire, we never flagged each other, we know what we are doing.
    awesome video BJ. Don't let these guys get on your ass about gun safety. From the looks of it you and your friends know what they're doing just fine. Theyre just jealous you have an M1 Garand.

Quote Originally Posted by Givati575 View Post
    awesome video BJ. Don't let these guys get on your ass about gun safety. From the looks of it you and your friends know what they're doing just fine. Theyre just jealous you have an M1 Garand.
    +1. Since you guys seem to have resolved it, I don't want to flare any tempers, but just because it isn't exactly proper range technique doesn't mean its unsafe. From the looks of it, there isn't a better place to do it. But BJ if you give in and agree that you aren't qualified to handle firearms safely, I got dibs on the M1.

Banned user

^ not in your life. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Givati575 View Post
    that one isnt mine. and unfortunately i lost my clip for it, so we were forced to go one round a time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaWhisky58 View Post
    Depends very much on the rifle and the bullet wight in my experience, but I have to admit a particular dislike of the .270 - much prefer .30-06 personally.
    Ive got M70 that I cant shoot anything bigger then 150gr without hurting my shoulder, and thats in Hogue stock, I want to rebarrel it to .270, hoping its small inought for my shoulder to take it but with inough punch to take anything between coyotee and a moose, Im hoping that with a varmint type barrel the weight of the rig will increase slightly to produce lesser recoil

just to add before Im branded as a whimp, I shoot .303br with a steel plated butt without a problem, whole day long, its just this one rifle that for some reason pains me whenever I shoot it

Banned user

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Ive got M70 that I cant shoot anything bigger then 150gr without hurting my shoulder, and thats in Hogue stock, I want to rebarrel it to .270, hoping its small inought for my shoulder to take it but with inough punch to take anything between coyotee and a moose, Im hoping that with a varmint type barrel the weight of the rig will increase slightly to produce lesser recoil

just to add before Im branded as a whimp, I shoot .303br with a steel plated butt without a problem, whole day long, its just this one rifle that for some reason pains me whenever I shoot it
    I'm not sure that going from .30-06 to .270 will be the answer as .270 is really at the red line with 150gr bullets and thus doesn't give you the versatility with big game that .30-06 does. Rather than spending the money on re-barreling, have you considered porting your barrel - Magna-port, Boss or similar, or installing Kick-stop in your stock.

This is a "Let's see the firearm collection thread", not a gawdam chatty Cathy thread.

Small note wear shooting glasses. If It needs to be explained... then don't do shooting.

^^^ Awesome! Ho it shoots? BTW, what is this on the left - the cocking handle? What's up with that?

sweet little gun. I'm guessing that thing redefines loud

Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    ^^^ Awesome! Ho it shoots? BTW, what is this on the left - the cocking handle? What's up with that?
    On the last version of the Micro, they switched the cocking handle from the right to the left side. I only shot it once on FA at thirty meters so I can't reallty tell you how it "shoots" . For the last two years shooting with the toys has been a luxury I can't enjoy very often......

Quote Originally Posted by trunk_munkey28 View Post
    How do you like the SpectreDR, Holeindonut?
    Mine rocks; it even got a good work out on a FN Minimi about a year back, no issues.
    I love mine very much, I prefer it to my ACOG. But keep in mind that I'm only a fat civvie gun nut who shoots at the range from 100 out to 300m...so my appreciation is not of much worth.

One of our Canadian members used one on his last roto to Afghanistan though AFAIK he was very satisfied with it.

All of the serial numbers covered up?

Quote Originally Posted by D3ath View Post
    All of the serial numbers covered up?
    It's prudent that he does - before his images end up all over the net. Mr. Hole has quite the collection.
    I usually obscure or photo-chop my receiver serial #'s ...

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    It's prudent that he does - before his images end up all over the net. Mr. Hole has quite the collection.
    I usually obscure or photo-chop my receiver serial #'s ...

I have been thinking of moving to where Mr. Hole lives. Those select fire are very very nice.