Thread: Lets see the firearm collection.....

Finally I can say I have a collection.

Bottom, my first rifle, a '41 K-31.

Top, CMP M1 Garand that just arrived yesterday. '43 reciever, '55 barrel, and a stock from who knows where, replaced by the Greeks probably.

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

^Nice Swiss Miss.

Nice 03' Stl boy.
    Nice as always H2O.

K-31´s are really great, but get their ammo at least here in Spain is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by boreal View Post
    K-31´s are really great, but get their ammo at least here in Spain is a nightmare.
    Start reloading, Lee has all the tools you need at a reasonable price, brass and bullets anin't as easily available as some others, but shouldn't be impossible (Norma makes them atleast, and if you make some Swiss friends they might get you some once-fired GP11 brass)

On Ammo, try Grafs and Sons.

Then reload.

Nice rifles everyone.
    Awesome pic H2O as well.

Did you guys hear about that AR15 owner who was finally sentenced to 30 months in prison because his AR was misfiring and doing 2 round bursts and becoming a "Class III machine gun"? Story broke a few months ago, but he was just finally sentenced recently.

Seeing what happened to him makes me a little twitchy...giving me the impression that the ATF went a bit too far with this case. The problem he had with his AR is not found in newer generation AR15s right? I read in reports his rifle was almost 20 years old. I'd hate for that to happen to me, so does anyone know what exactly causes the accidental burst? I maintain my rifle pretty well, so I don't know what else could cause something like that..besides bad ammo?

I heard he actually did modify it, but I don't remember the source of that so bleh. Although if it was continually malfunctioning, there was probably some foul play with the rifle. Also, since that's the first time such a story has surfaced, I wouldn't be worried about it happening to my rifle, plus he got in trouble because he loaned it out.

Nice Garand Grinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Nice rifles everyone.
    Awesome pic H2O as well.

Did you guys hear about that AR15 owner who was finally sentenced to 30 months in prison because his AR was misfiring and doing 2 round bursts and becoming a "Class III machine gun"? Story broke a few months ago, but he was just finally sentenced recently.

Seeing what happened to him makes me a little twitchy...giving me the impression that the ATF went a bit too far with this case. The problem he had with his AR is not found in newer generation AR15s right? I read in reports his rifle was almost 20 years old. I'd hate for that to happen to me, so does anyone know what exactly causes the accidental burst? I maintain my rifle pretty well, so I don't know what else could cause something like that..besides bad ammo?
    It sound like a modification, and if I had a two round bust, even though it would be cool, I fix it. I doubt you go to prison for a weapons malfunction like that. He must of change some thing.

According to CNN, he didn't modify anything. He wasn't even shooting the gun when it happened. He let his neighbor take it to the range to shoot it, and that's when it started malfunctioning. The ATF charged him for 'illegally transporting a Class III machine gun," and not for "modifying a weapon into class III machine gun."

Nice rifles everyone.
    Awesome pic H2O as well.

The guy modified a semi Auto AR with full auto components. There is a thread on it here. The rifle's selector was in the full auto position, it was not a accident.

About every thing you hear about the guy being a innocent as the pure driven snow is BS.

More than likely if you had a accidental burst, it will blow your magazine out of the rifle fracture the bolt, other words destroy you rifle.

Wait, is this the same case though? They reported the gun wasn't modified, but it was an old Olympic Arms AR15. They couldn't even get it to fire 2 rounds burst most of the time when the ATF was testing it.

Wait, is this the same case though? They reported the gun wasn't modified, but it was an old Olympic Arms AR15. They couldn't even get it to fire 2 rounds burst most of the time when the ATF was testing it.

it is the same rifle, the guy did a **** job making it into a full auto.

It had M16 components installed, He ordered those components.

Oh ok, didn't know that. If that's the case, I'm REALLY surprised that CNN didn't bother pointing that out...since they're usually biased. All the sources I've read said it was a 'malfunction,' so I guess I must have missed some parts.

For people who's never heard of the story:
    Wisonsin's David Olofson
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ef=videosearch
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/pol...uns.part.2.cnn
    The Videos are a few weeks/months old. He's already reported to prison for the 30 month term.

Here is the thread, http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...75#post3246075

Lou Dobbs didn't do his homework or was suckered punch by the guy. Read the PDF, the guy was a sleaze.

Oooooh ok, thanks for the document Hollis! I've never read it until now, and it does make sense. I thought it was strange that a jury would find him guilty at first.

On a side note, I do cringe a little bit at the whole incident though, because a few years back, I was running a Ceinar .22 conversion bolt in my friend's CMMG lower with DPMS upper. When the old .22 magazine lips were slightly deformed (where the lips were wider), it sometimes fires a 2 round burst. This happened a few times until I fixed the magazine, but I had no idea that it was "illegal" at the time. Shortly after, the bolt itself FUBAR'ed, as the firing pin somehow fell out. We got the bolt used, so I guess that would explain part of it.

Oh, and I've already sent it back to Cienar for then to get it refurbished, and it shoots like a champ...provided it's cleaned often.