Page 105 of 149 FirstFirst ... 55595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2224

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Spring loaded in the dumb detent Weasel's Avatar

The Enok is nice, but 5.4 to? Hope the weight is worth the extra protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    As for the soldiers' appearance, I don't know what's the problem. As long as it gets the job done.
    Appearance is one thing, protection is another. (no helmet for the crew of the Spz)

Give me a rest, Weasel.
    You're always complaining about non-issued equipment - and in just the next sentence you complain about vehicle crews not wearing helmets. This is just the f'cking dilemma we are facing. There simply is no helmet issued with earphones+microphone and connection to vehicle comms. Crews have to decide wether they were unprotected headsets with the benefit of being able to communicate or wear a plain simple helmet w/o comms, except for the few dozen issued headset that can be worn with the helmet but offer no ear protection.

Or buy your own ***** that you mustn't wear because you represent Germany at the back of beyond...

These guys made the right choice. Wirkung vor Deckung, might ring a bell. And once the fighting begins, hatches are being closed and thankfully you can't see what anyone wears on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by hOMEr_jAy View Post
    Jajaja, I get it, noone likes Kettenhunde, so they´re automatically doing everything wrong...that whole picture looks staged anyway, and if they have enough time to pose like that for the press there won´t be an imminent threat waiting...I´m fairly sure that guy knows how to handle his rifle, especially because he´s in Kunduz...
    I don't care to which unit the officer belongs. That "trageweise" is simply ****ed up. Compare it to how every other shown soldier does it. Whatever...lets not start the Kettenhunde discussion.

Ah...that you are in Kunduz does not mean that you are a good soldier in general. Hauptmaenner tend to forget how to do things because they do mostly other stuff back home.

Just look at that photo. Of course his "Tragesweise" is ****ed up. That whole pic looks so staged, both soldiers look like life-size Revell plastic models. He has only two hands so it´s just normal that his rifle is haning down next to his body. But I´m fairly sure that this photo was taken in a relatively safe environment to please the photographer.
    Being in Kunduz alone doesn´t make you a good soldier but these guys know where they´re going and believe it or not, Feldjaeger aren´t just chilling in their MP station, they go out and take fire, too. Therefore I can´t imagine that even though he´s a Hptm he doesn´t know how to handle a rifle. You know, there´s atleast a certain amount of training before deployment and I´m sure he´s smart enough to train that before going to former Bad Kunduz...
    Long story, short: Don´t judge a soldiers skills by one photo which also looks staged as hell...

A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the Delta platoon of the 2nd Paratrooper company 373 casts a shadow on a wall during a mission in Aqtappeh, north-west of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, December 12, 2010.
    German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the Delta platoon of the 2nd Paratrooper company 373 gather on a combat outpost of the local Abaki militia during a mission in Aqtappeh, north-west of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, December 12, 2010.

Note the second G3 in the CQB-role.... Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by variable View Post
    Note the second G3 in the CQB-role.... Cool.
    Agreed! Thanks for the pics.
    More and more G3s are finding their way to Afghanistan. Would be interesting to read some field reports on how the "old" rifle compares to the "new" one in this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by hOMEr_jAy View Post
    Long story, short: Don´t judge a soldiers skills by one photo which also looks staged as hell...
    I could add the other photo where he walks on that road. But anyway, this topic is for photos, not discussion.

weasel:
    uhm... it feels great to be able to wear whatever I think is comfy,
    and good for me and my job.

... or maybe Zulu261 and me just joined the right unit

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn View Post
    weasel:
    uhm... it feels great to be able to wear whatever I think is comfy and good for me and my job.
    Fail... since the Captain on the Foto Zulu261 posted does exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
    Fail... since the Captain on the Foto Zulu261 posted does exactly this
    Some can't handle the freedom of choice. :P

He guys, did anyone of you thought that he is left handed and if u want to wear the g36 on such a sling as a left handed person it looks like that but it works.

And please stop those gear discussions. If u are in a mission (out in country or in a training area) u wear stuff that fits your needs. and if your superior does not complain everything is fine.

@weasel: U cant be serious with your criticism of the guys in the Marder wearing comms and therefor no helmet
    Last edited by Zeckenteppich; 12-13-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckenteppich View Post
    And please stop those gear discussions. If u are in a mission (out in country or in a training area) u wear stuff that fits your needs. and if your superior does not complain everything is fine.
    There we go again You remember the Pictures with the Soldier wearing a black RSA assault vest? Worse quality than Army issued equipment, not suitable (G36-Magazines do not fit) and wrong Color (using black to look cool). And the Pictures are numerous...

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulu261 View Post
    I don't care to which unit the officer belongs. That "trageweise" is simply ****ed up. Compare it to how every other shown soldier does it. Whatever...lets not start the Kettenhunde discussion.

Ah...that you are in Kunduz does not mean that you are a good soldier in general. Hauptmaenner tend to forget how to do things because they do mostly other stuff back home.
    He's probably using a privately acquired one point sling. In combination with such a device his handling of the rifle is just fine...

Banned user

Cover me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians ¯\(º_o)/¯

For all you 37/10 Nazis: "Wer nichts kann, kann Anzug."