Page 121 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2171111113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2282

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbert View Post
    and again why buy hundreds of units of an untested APC,

the boxer is at best a technologie study
    too heavy ,to big, wheels ,almost unarmed , built for use on European roads and not in the desert type terrain of today's conflicts without propper infrastructure like bridges

In the worst case it's a great camping toilet with NBC protection
    even fancy adjustable seats and a cooking plate are not so great if u got stuck in the mud ore the tire catches fire from a simple molotov cocktail ...

this beast has a ground pressure of over 4 Tonnes!! per wheel

i hope for the troops in the field i'm wrong an it proofs usefull after all

also i hope for photos .... plenty of it .. i must admit it looks cool at least
    For all I know the Boxer should be a very decent APC and a worthy replacement for the aging Fuchs. If you want more armored protection, off road maneuverability (tracks) and more powerful armament you need an IFV instead of an APC and there's the Puma already in sight.

The Boxer is also produced by KMW and unlike EADS I have faith in the quality of KMW's vehicles
    I for one think the field tests in Mazar will be a good opportunity to fix the last little issues before it is deployed widely to hot spots like Kunduz.

Regarding the toilet:
    Made my day. I wonder if some Green/Lefty women's libber demands an own toilet seat with screen from view for female soldiers Of course therefor the Boxer has to be modified and will be operational as soon as 2020 in a 1 meter longer and 5 Million € more expensive Boxer F(emale) version

Quote Originally Posted by Astaran View Post
    For all I know the Boxer should be a very decent APC and a worthy replacement for the aging Fuchs. If you want more armored protection, off road maneuverability (tracks) and more powerful armament you need an IFV instead of an APC and there's the Puma already in sight.

The Boxer is also produced by KMW and unlike EADS I have faith in the quality of KMW's vehicles
    I for one think the field tests in Mazar will be a good opportunity to fix the last little issues before it is deployed widely to hot spots like Kunduz.
    mmmhh dont now ... i stick to to expensiv to heavy and as long as the A400M is not delivert it cant even airlift witout the help of an Antonov ..

its a wonder full piece of german overengineering ( like the Panther ) .. engineers how have probably never driven in the finished vehicle Unlike German car builders ..

sold by wanna be Barney Stinsons to Green/Lefty women's libber .. neither of them has served ..

if the concept would be so good, the IDF had already bought 100 units ..

Do you remember this :
    http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-68073957.html
    ( article in German )

[/QUOTE]
    Regarding the toilet:
    Made my day. I wonder if some Green/Lefty women's libber demands an own toilet seat with screen from view for female soldiers Of course therefor the Boxer has to be modified and will be operational as soon as 2020 in a 1 meter longer and 5 Million € more expensive Boxer F(emale) version [/QUOTE]

x2

Don't forget that we will also get the Grizzly or Wiesent which should be a class below the Boxer but above the Dingo.

Quote Originally Posted by kato2k6 View Post
    Getting out of the vehicle and moving off the side of the dirt road - in current deployment environments - to take a ***** in the woods is likely to either: get you shot, hit a mine, become a good opportunity for some mortar fire on the vehicle or for someone to sneak up with some hand grenades.
    And it's a dry chemical toilet. You don't clean it, you pull out the bag with the bound feces, throw it away and put in a new one.
    Do you know how it`s done? A infantrymen shoult feel at home improvising and dealing with sertain situations, this is a small luxery isue nothing more.
    Personal equipment a ride and first of all buddies are all you need often some water,food and ammo.

Goodbert, what the heck are you talking about? Are you the German timetraveller? God have mercy upon us all..

Any combat comparison between Boxers and Rosomaks? Has any Boxer seen combat? I'm very curious if it can serve as well as our AMV Rosomak.

its a wonder full piece of german overengineering ( like the Panther ) .. engineers how have probably never driven in the finished vehicle Unlike German car builders .. sold by wanna be Barney Stinsons to Green/Lefty women's libber .. neither of them has served ..
    my personal observation is that the percentage of ex-serviceman or at least those who have done their mandatory service is significantly higher in the defense industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    Any combat comparison between Boxers and Rosomaks? Has any Boxer seen combat? I'm very curious if it can serve as well as our AMV Rosomak.
    Nope, since it is the first deployment for the Boxer, none of the vehicles has seen real combat so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Argysh View Post
    my personal observation is that the percentage of ex-serviceman or at least those who have done their mandatory service is significantly higher in the defense industry.
    yes maybe
    But I doubt that two weeks of sleep in a “ dackelgarage “ during Biwak and 10 months of drinking games 10 years ago are an equivalent to a 4 day Combat Patrol ...

which is not true for all Of course

sold by wanna be Barney Stinsons to Green/Lefty women's libber
    • the preliminary joint development treaty was signed by the right-wing Kohl government (April 1998)
    • the development contract with procurement option for 600 vehicles was signed by the third-way/Green Schröder government (1999) - the one that got us into our current deployments
    • the actual procurement contract for 272 vehicles was signed by Merkel's centrist grand coalition government (2006)

ool pics !! thanks a lot

a good friend told me that the crew of Boxer wear a new crew helmet

i saw some pics of them, they look like to US CVC crew helmet without hard cover

do you know if they are worn by all other crew (i mean other vehicles ? )

Whats with the drinkbottles taped to the mirrors?
    Protection against breaking them ?

You´re right Bleifuss, I haven´t seen them at first! Maybe they´re being used as improvised clearance indicators?
    Djiti, I´ve read that the Bundeswehr bought new driver helmets but I really don´t know what type of model they are. But from what I remember they offer ballistical protection but headphones can be used at the same time, too. Maybe someone else might know more.

I think you're referring to this

Crewman Combat Helmet