Page 127 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2777117119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2224

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

My local police departement even has a couple of G8s in their weaponry.

there is no DVD night on the strike team!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    My local police departement even has a couple of G8s in their weaponry.
    hk 121 ? machine guns?
    left over from BGS times i guess

HK121 is the internal designation for the German Army's new general purpose machine gun MG5.

Those G8s are basically magazine fed HK21s and they're original weaponry. Dating back the days of leftist RAF terror and due to "exceptionalist" policies, the Bavarian police used to be quite martially equipped with machine guns and even hand grenades.

Gedenken am Ehrenhain. Der Bundesminister der Verteidigung, Thomas de Maizière, ist zu einem Überraschungsbesuch in Afghanistan eingetroffen. Er landete am Morgen im Feldlager Kundus, wo er sich ein Bild von der Lage machte und mit deutschen Soldaten sprach. Es ist der siebte Besuch de Maizières am Hindukusch seit seinem Amtsantritt vor 16 Monaten. Begleitet wird er vom sächsischen Ministerpräsidenten Stanislaw Tillich. Im Bild: De Maizière und der Kommandeur des RC North, Generalmajor Pfeffer. ©Bundeswehr/Piz Kundus.

Der Bundesminister der Verteidigung, Thomas de Maizière, ist zu einem Überraschungsbesuch in Afghanistan eingetroffen. Er landete am Morgen im Feldlager Kundus, wo er sich ein Bild von der Lage macht. Es ist der siebte Besuch de Maizières am Hindukusch seit seinem Amtsantritt vor 16 Monaten. Im Bild: Verteidigungsminister de Maizière im Gespräch mit Soldaten.
    ©Bundeswehr/Piz Kundus

Official EKT-video about de Maizière's Afghanistan visit in German. He's largely talking about the difficult task to transport a lot of vehicles and material back to Germany, and about a German presence post-2014 to help with the training of Afghan forces:

Anyone noticed that abandoned / damaged / destroyed MAN-like truck in the background during the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    "My Spieß". Makes me happy that she looks well (but not entertainent ).

German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere and Saxony State Premier Stanislaw Tillich travel in a Boxer, an armored vehicle, as they visit troops of the German armed forces, Bundeswehr, in the ISAF camp in Mazar-e-Sharif July 3, 2012.

German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere (R) and Saxony State Premier Stanislaw Tillich (2nd R) travel in a Boxer, an armored vehicle, as they visit troops of the German armed forces, Bundeswehr, in the ISAF camp in Mazar-e-Sharif July 3, 2012.

German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere disembarks from a helicopter at the ISAF camp in Kunduz to meet German Bundeswehr soldiers July 3, 2012.

German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere (2nd R) talks to soldiers of the Bundeswehr, the German armed forces, in the ISAF camp in Kunduz July 3, 2012.

Saxony State Premier Stanislaw Tillich (R) takes pictures of German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere (2nd L) as he poses with soldiers of the German armed forces, Bundeswehr, in the ISAF camp in Kunduz July 3, 2012.

A German soldier ©, accompanied by an Afghan translator in a German uniform, talks to an inhabitant of the village Arab Sher Ali in northern Chahar Darrah in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The soldiers wanted to find out about the mood among the Afghans, and were also looking for information after two Belgian soldiers were wounded by an IED the day before in neighbouring Qara Yatim village. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

German soldiers patrol the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

German soldiers play with children as they patrol the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

A German soldier on patrol in the village of Arab Sher Ali talks to two Afghan boys in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

A German soldier on patrol in the village Arab Sher Ali in Chahar Darrah district gives a pen to an Afghan girl, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

A German soldier patrols the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

A German soldier patrols at the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

German soldiers patrol the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 25, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

German soldiers patrol at the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

A German soldier patrols the restive Chahar Darrah district, close to Kunduz, in this April 24, 2012 file photo. The German military lost more soldiers in this region due to fights and attacks than at any other place since the end of World War II. After years of fighting, the district is relatively stable now. But as international combat troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014, many Afghans in Chahar Darrah fear the return of the Taliban. *******/Sabine Siebold

Afghan National Police (ANP) trainees practice using their guns as a German policeman (back R) watches at the PTC (Police Training Centre) shooting range of the German Police Project Team (GPPT) next to Camp Marmal, the Bundeswehr (German Federal Defence Force) base in Mazar-i-Sharif, on March 22, 2012. Around 200 German police officers train ANP's in Afghanistan. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO/JOHANNES EISELE

German Bundeswehr soldiers climb into a CH53 helicopter for maintenance work at the Bundeswehr Camp Marmal, the German troops' base in Mazar-i-Sharif on March 22, 2012. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO / JOHANNES EISELE

A German Bundeswehr soldier takes off an antenna of a Dingo which will be shipped back to Germany at the Bundeswehr Camp Marmal, the German troops' base in Mazar-i-Sharif on March 22, 2012. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO / JOHANNES EISELE

A German Bundeswehr soldier repairs an engine of Transall C-160 at the Bundeswehr Camp Marmal, the German troops' base in Mazar-i-Sharif on March 22, 2012. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO / JOHANNES EISELE

German Bundeswehr soldiers look at a gun of a CH53 helicopter during a briefing at the Bundeswehr Camp Marmal, the German troops' base in Mazar-i-Sharif on March 22, 2012. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO / JOHANNES EISELE

Two German Bundeswehr soldiers repair a Wolf vehicle at the Bundeswehr Camp Marmal, the German troops' base in Mazar-i-Sharif on March 22, 2012. Germany is the third biggest supplier of troops to the 130,000-strong NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) after the United States and Britain. AFP PHOTO / JOHANNES EISELE

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 12: In this photo provided by German Government Press Office, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Bundeswehr Commandant Erich Pfeffer ® stand in front of the memorial to the fallen soldiers at the German troops base on March 12, 2012 in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan. Merkel arrived in Afghanistan for a surprise visit on German troops stationed in Mazar-i-Sharifon Monday. (Photo by Steffen Kugler/Bundesregierung-Pool via ***** Images)

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 12: In this photo provided by German Government Press Office, German Chancellor Angela Merkel speaks with Bundeswehr General Inspector Volker Wieker (L) and Commandant Erich Pfeffer ® in front of the memorial to the fallen soldiers at the German troops base on March 12, 2012 in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan. Merkel arrived in Afghanistan for a surprise visit on German troops stationed in Mazar-i-Sharifon Monday. (Photo by Steffen Kugler/Bundesregierung-Pool via ***** Images)

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 12: In this photo provided by German Government Press Office, German Chancellor Angela Merkel talks to soldiers as she visits the German Bundeswehr troops at Camp Marmal on March 12, 2012 in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan. Merkel arrived in Afghanistan for a surprise visit on German troops stationed in Mazar-i-Sharifon Monday. (Photo by Steffen Kugler/Bundesregierung-Pool via ***** Images)

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 12: In this photo provided by German Government Press Office, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and German Chief of Staff General Volker Wieker talk to soldiers as they visit the German Bundeswehr troops at Camp Marmal on March 12, 2012 in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan. Merkel arrived in Afghanistan for a surprise visit on German troops stationed in Mazar-i-Sharifon Monday. (Photo by Steffen Kugler/Bundesregierung-Pool via ***** Images)

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, AFGHANISTAN - MARCH 12: In this photo provided by German Government Press Office, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and German Chief of Staff General Volker Wieker visit the German Bundeswehr troops at Camp Marmal on March 12, 2012 in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan. Merkel arrived in Afghanistan for a surprise visit on German troops stationed in Mazar-i-Sharifon Monday. (Photo by Steffen Kugler/Bundesregierung-Pool via ***** Images)

Wrong topic

the two soldiers with mr. de maziere are from my old (and hopfully new after training) unit.especially the left one i know for 4 years now... he is gettin more muscles every year viel soldatenglück

A German soldier rests in 50 degrees heat after a firefight in Baghlan province, north Afghanistan

A German self propelled howitzer fires on insurgents from a fortified position in Baghlan province, north Afghanistan

Any ID on the the boxes on the pouch? 40mm granades containers?

I'm pretty sure this video is already known and has been posted before, given it was uploaded in January. Nice footage, though.

€dit: Aye, #1908.