Page 136 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3686126128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2282

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

I don't know what they prefer. May change from person to person, unit to unit. What I know is that HK also offers a lighter variant of the G28, which would weigh ca. 6,5kg (weapon, scope, empty mag) compared to ca. 7,2kg (weapon, scope, empty mag).

The M-110 is a POS. We are actively trying to get it replaced with a similar, more reliable carbine variant. Talk of heavy cannibalization within units that had them were reported. A good piece of advice? Follow the Brits. They picked up some nice Lewis Machine & Tool equipment. The U.S. civilian sector can attest to how well those DMRs run. It's designation is the L-129A1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009shotshow01162009018.jpg 
Views:	735 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	191884

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    I don't know what they prefer. May change from person to person, unit to unit. What I know is that HK also offers a lighter variant of the G28, which would weigh ca. 6,5kg (weapon, scope, empty mag) compared to ca. 7,2kg (weapon, scope, empty mag).
    That would mean that it weighs as much as the M110

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter-AK View Post
    The M-110 is a POS. We are actively trying to get it replaced with a similar, more reliable carbine variant. Talk of heavy cannibalization within units that had them were reported. A good piece of advice? Follow the Brits. They picked up some nice Lewis Machine & Tool equipment. The U.S. civilian sector can attest to how well those DMRs run. It's designation is the L-129A1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009shotshow01162009018.jpg 
Views:	735 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	191884
    Interesting link. As for the L129A1, I know someone who was on the British testing team and according to him it wasn't their first choice but politics intervened as so often is the case. Can't remember what the first choice was though, will ask.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
    Interesting link. As for the L129A1, I know someone who was on the British testing team and according to him it wasn't their first choice but politics intervened as so often is the case. Can't remember what the first choice was though, will ask.
    Curious to think that politics intervened for the Brits as well. After all, LMT is an American company, right? It's not like it was a British company in who's favour they were intervening. Either way, is there a serious modern competitor in the .308 semi-auto range nowadays which isn't a Stoner system?

Part 1 of a series about the OP North: Entlang der Lebensadern: Auf Patrouille vom OP North (1)

Sicherung an einem afghanischen Außenposten (Quelle: Steffen *******)

Kontakt zu afghanischen Polizisten (Quelle: Steffen *******)

Im Gespräch mit der afghanischen Polizei (Quelle: Steffen *******)

Patrouille in der Dämmerung (Quelle: Steffen *******)

According to an active-duty paratrooper, they are heavy and people wonder why the Bundeswehr didn't procure the lighter patrol variant.

To equip some elite-sniper units with them after Afghanistan. Just like they did with the G82.

The rest of the army will get a shorter HK417 in a few years as a 2nd standard rifle next to the G36 in a few years probably. Just look for G27k. ^^

German army cannot get anything straight and honest seemingly. Just like equipping Tigers with useless/disfunctional rocket launchers on the outer pylons when the defense-minister visits the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
    To equip some elite-sniper units with them after Afghanistan. Just like they did with the G82.
    Isn't the G82 standard issue for normal infantry squads or platoons as some sort of anti-material weapon? That said, I regard sniper units as some form of elite branch within the infantry, but what do you understand under the term "elite-sniper units"?

The rest of the army will get a shorter HK417 in a few years as a 2nd standard rifle next to the G36 in a few years probably. Just look for G27k. ^^
    Basically everything I've read so far about the G27k is that this is a rifle for specialized units - and certainly not to be used as the standard alternative weapon for regular units. Ironically, a source that's pushing for the G27k to become a second standard rifle is HK itself - for obvious reasons.

Ironically, a source that's pushing for the G27k to become a second standard rifle is HK itself - for obvious reasons.
    "You should totally introduce the G27k as a second standard rifle to make up for that PoS you have currently. Wait a second...!"

I can't be the only one who wishes there was at least one other German inventor/developer/producer of firearms to actually compete with H&K for those contracts? It's almost like they aren't even trying anymore nowadays. They've pretty much given up on the G36 platform and now seem focused on promoting & selling what amounts to yet another Stoner-clone.

Bullcrap. Otherwise they wouldn't improve the G36 with the development of the IdZ-ES variant.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    "You should totally introduce the G27k as a second standard rifle to make up for that PoS you have currently. Wait a second...!"

I can't be the only one who wishes there was at least one other German inventor/developer/producer of firearms to actually compete with H&K for those contracts? It's almost like they aren't even trying anymore nowadays. They've pretty much given up on the G36 platform and now seem focused on promoting & selling what amounts to yet another Stoner-clone.
    Well they could buy Stoner Clones from other Manufacturers like Schmeisser (who have absolutely nothing to do with neither Suhl nor Hugo Schmeisser )

Bullcrap. Otherwise they wouldn't improve the G36 with the development of the IdZ-ES variant.
    Aren't those IdZ-ES G36s pretty much upgraded old G36A1s? I thought those upgrades were come up with by the Bundeswehr, not by H&K?

Aren't those IdZ-ES G36s pretty much upgraded old G36A1s? I thought those upgrades were come up with by the Bundeswehr, not by H&K?
    As long as the customer wants to see improvements with the G36 system, HK won't give up on the rifle. Countries throughout the whole world bought and use the G36; it's basically a cash cow.

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary

Curious to think that politics intervened for the Brits as well. After all, LMT is an American company, right? It's not like it was a British company in who's favour they were intervening. Either way, is there a serious modern competitor in the .308 semi-auto range nowadays which isn't a Stoner system?
    Indeed, that's what threw me off as well. There must be more to it than meets the eye.

Hi
    a question:
    soldier with two guns(pistols)??