Page 141 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4191131133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2240

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    I posted this picture on Feb 2, 2013 as part of a QRU series released by the Bw Flickr account:

This one was uploaded on their account just recently:

Spot the difference.
    Maybe he's just a believing protestant and remembers what Gustav Adolph engraved in his cannons during the 30-years-war

Cant seem to find the edited picture..
    Is it gone again?

Yep. My God.

Whose in charge of this Saftladen?

These guys who write this sentence on there helmets should get kicked out of duty. It is foolish unprofessional not necessary and only a sign for there disproportionate craving for recognition. Dumbass! I feel uncomfortable to be a ex-soldier in the same army like he is.
    He has to do a job and not to show his opinions or wishes. Loser!

Quote Originally Posted by MuluGulu View Post
    These guys who write this sentence on there helmets should get kicked out of duty. It is foolish unprofessional not necessary and only a sign for there disproportionate craving for recognition. Dumbass! I feel uncomfortable to be a ex-soldier in the same army like he is.
    "Gott Mit Uns" was created in 1701 in Prussia. You should try to respect soldiers who have the knowledge and feeling for tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanMilitaryPower View Post
    "Gott Mit Uns" was created in 1701 in Prussia. You should try to respect soldiers who have the knowledge and feeling for tradition.
    Actually as some said, Gustav Adolf allready used it in the 30 years war and I guess it was the battle cry of protestant german soldiers since Luther.

Quote Originally Posted by MuluGulu View Post
    I dont feel you have fully grasped the concept of the "Bürger in Uniform"

There should be restrictions and there are restrictions on "voicing your opinion", or writing silly stuff on helmets, but these still are decided by the Officer in charge and not by Internet warriors. And that pictures are checked for these and altered to be "politically correct" is a freaking joke as I see it.

It did not matter where it came from or what is the further meaning of that. I shows that this HFw/OR-7 didn't have a little instinctive feeling. In a islamic country where we fight against islamic religious extremists, it wouldn't help to write "christian religious phrases" on helmets ...

Quote Originally Posted by LokisFeuer View Post
    It did not matter where it came from or what is the further meaning of that. I shows that this HFw/OR-7 didn't have a little instinctive feeling. In a islamic country where we fight against islamic religious extremists, it wouldn't help to write "christian religious phrases" on helmets ...
    Very much this.
    Besides, if the soldier was Muslim and would write Allah Akbar on his helmet I bet most here would not like it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by LokisFeuer View Post
    In a islamic country where we fight against islamic religious extremists, it wouldn't help to write "christian religious phrases" on helmets ...
    I see your point, yet I'd like to assume that the overwhelming majority of Afghans can't read German at all. Don't know about interpreters accompanying troops, though, or if they can make a connection. However, one shoudn't dismiss the danger you're pointing out as non-existing. A baseless or fabricated rumor is more than enough to get the Afghans start rioting and maybe killing.

Helmet covers ftw. And a little bit less maraudierende Banden.

I see your point, yet I'd like to assume that the overwhelming majority of Afghans can't read German at all. Don't know about interpreters accompanying troops, though, or if they can make a connection. However, one shoudn't dismiss the danger you're pointing out as non-existing. A baseless or fabricated rumor is more than enough to get the Afghans start rioting and maybe killing.
    That being said, the quote is "God with Us" not "Jesus with Us" - so one could always interpret the statement as disputing the Taliban's claim of religious righteousness. The Taliban claim God is on their side, and ISAF claims he's on their side - I don't see anything wrong with that?

Helmet covers ftw. And a little bit less maraudierende Banden.
    From the outside it does appear as though leaving away Helmet covers has become a popular self-identifier of Afghanistan vets. Looking at training videos from troops back in Germany you always see the sergeants and older soldiers running around with their wild mix of (private) 3-Druck and (issued) 5-Druck gear and no helmet covers, while the younger guys, who I presume haven't been deployed to Afghanistan yet, always wear their helmet covers.

Maybe I'm just over-interpreting that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that?
    "Pork Eating Infidel" ring any bells?

Both Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same god so what's the problem?

Are you kidding me?

"So what's the problem?"

Where have you been the past X years?

"Pork Eating Infidel" ring any bells?
    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. There is a very distinct difference between "God with Us" and "Pork Eating Infidel". The latter mocks the beliefs of Muslims by making a point of pride out of everything the Muslims hate about the Western soldiers. The former, however, simply disputes the claim of the opposition that God, or Allah, or whatever, is on their side. It refutes the notion that the people have to choose between the side of God (as claimed by the Taliban) or the side of better living standards and democracies (as represented by ISAF) by saying "Not only do we bring better living standards, stability and democracy, but God/Allah is on our side, too, not on that of the Taliban".

At least that's one way to interpret it.