Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3335363738394041424344454647484950515393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Between full ashtrays and empty Vodka bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    Thanks guys, It's nice to feel appreciated ..
    Ah common, you know we love you....In a manly kind of way....

Quote Originally Posted by CptGonzo View Post
    Ist doch egal ob das jetzt Leute sind die mit auf Patroullie gehen, Deutsch sind sie deswegen trotzdem nich.

Naja egal. Weitermachen...

mfg
    Hinsetzen, Mund halten, auf die großen Jungs hören.

Other than that: Willkommen auf mp.net!

Wenn du dich an die Regeln hältst und hin und wieder auf alteingesessene Mitglieder hörst wird dein Aufenthalt hier lang und erfolgreich sein. Ansonsten....nicht...
    Kleiner Tipp: Mods (=Gods) in Frage stellen ist nie eine gute Idee....

/German

I love this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by CptGonzo View Post
    Ist doch egal ob das jetzt Leute sind die mit auf Patroullie gehen, Deutsch sind sie deswegen trotzdem nich.

Naja egal. Weitermachen...

mfg
    Aber Deutsche Soldaten sind damit, damnit!

Hoer zu, Belgier sind aber nich so schlimm dass Ich ueber sie nicht berichten werde, besonders as begleiter der Deutschen ..
    Zweite mal dass Ich es zeige:

Schreibe nich auf Deutsch wenn Sie denken dass Ich es nich verstehen wird!

Seriously, one of our other forum rules is that Engrish is to be used.
    [*******#2b547e]Forum Rules[/COLOR]
    10. This site's language is English. Using alternate languages to get around the flaming or insulting rules is not allowed and can earn a ban.
    New ones:

ISAF QRF: Vorbereitung ist alles (Quelle: Bundeswehr/Rolf Walter)

Ein eingespieltes Team (Quelle: Bundeswehr/Rolf Walter)

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) wait in a Dingo armoured vehicle to leave their camp for a mission in Kunduz October 2, 2008.

An ISAF soldier with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) offers water to an Afghan man and his child during a patrol in the mountains above Feyzabad, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008.

An ISAF soldier with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) tries to direct a landing Hercules military plane during heavy sand storm outside the German camp in Feyzabad, northern Afghanistan, Thursday, Oct 2, 2008.

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) walk in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008

German Bundeswehr army soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) adjusts his night vision goggles in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr army soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) mans his weapon atop of a Fuchs armoured personnel carrier in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008.
    Last edited by He219; 10-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.

This one...

...looks like that 23€ horsecrap vest. (http://www.asmc.de/de/Militaerausrue...schwarz-p.html)

The other one could likely be a Blackhwak vest or a crappy copy. Too bad that there are guys who have to go on patrol with such ****. Airsofters should donate their stuff for the big boys.

Thx again for those nice pics, He219!

Question: can the Fallschirmjäger choose what kind of G36 they would like to use? You see the standard G36 as well as the K in this pic.

Edit: or is the dude with the G36K from a Fallschirmspezialzug? I'm not sure, but I thought all infantry units were being issued the K.

AFAIK all infanterists get the A2 issued a sa standard weapon.
    More interesting: the MG4. Any numbers on how many got issued already?

mfg

As for the G36 we both use the A1 and the A2. The heavy platoon also got some Ks with AG36s and EoTechs. Saw one with a Hauptfeld from my company.

The Spezialzug is using Ks, but last year the LRRP school in Pfullendorf collected nearly all Ks within my battalion. I don't know if we get them back or if we got them back already hence I'm not in my home base at the moment.

There were rumors that all drivers get Ks, but it never happened. The Wiesel crews received MP7s I guess.

I've got no numbers for the MG4, but my company still had about 7 in storage while most parts were pulling security in Kunduz. I don't know how many they took with them or if they took weapons from my battalion at all.

even if they're 26ers ( ) you really see the difference between an Infantry Soldier and the "others" in the earlier pics. finally.

Thanks for the picture guys. I gotta tell you, whenever I see a picture of a German soldier, they always look snappy.

Now, i'm from the Philippines and I don't know how to properly ****nounce "Bundeswehr" (did I get the spelling right?). Unfortunately, all of those help-you-how-to-****ounce-sites are blocked here in the office. So can someone help me?

Ha! thanks He. Well, keep the pics coming guys.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoRe View Post
    This one...

...looks like that 23€ horsecrap vest. (http://www.asmc.de/de/Militaerausrue...schwarz-p.html)
    Your point being what? Functionability is a basic requirement for your gear, not the look or let alone the price.

and a 25€ vest wil not fullfill your main requirement. Period. Especially that one.

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    and a 25€ vest wil not fullfill your main requirement. Period. Especially that one.
    Quoted for truth.

What do you mean with difference? When it comes to Afghanistan the ballistic vests are the same I guess. (except the older Bristol versions in desert Fleck). A good amount of the gear is bought on their own.
    In Germany it's no question due to the transformation the 31s are part of the forces of stabilization (Stabilisierungskräfte) while the 26r are part of the forces of intervention (Eingreifkräfte).

Bull**** if you ask me, the guys following us are not equipped as good as we but have to do the same job in general.

Wiley X goggles, gloves etc...
    Last edited by zulu261; 10-03-2008 at 04:27 AM.

[IMG]http://i34.*******.com/167tpcpdotjpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/280vatvdotjpg[/IMG]
    Bundeswehr snipers of the 263rd paratroopers unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) takes up position during a mission to secure the perimeters of a reception commemorating the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany, in Kunduz October 3, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr army soldier of the 263rd paratroopers unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) conducts a body search on an Afghan man during a mission to secure the perimeters of a reception commemorating the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany, in Kunduz October 3, 2008
    Love the HK cap ..
    Quote Originally Posted by bd popeye View Post
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/20hsnyvdotjpg[/IMG]
    Afghan children watch German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the 263rd paratroopers unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) who are on a mission to secure the perimeters of a reception in Kunduz, October 3, 2008. The reception commemorates the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2mma895dotjpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/w1zbd3dotjpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/2ed38kndotjpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/a1l5kldotjpg[/IMG]
    German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the 263rd paratroopers unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) take a break during a mission to secure the perimeters of a reception commemorating the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany, in Kunduz, October 3, 2008.

Afghan tribal leaders listen to Colonel Rainer Buske (L), commander of the Kunduz German Bundeswehr armed forces camp of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) during a reception in Kunduz to commemorate the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany, October 3, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr army armoured personnel carrier of the 263rd paratroopers unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) passes the front of a building where a reception commemorating the 18th anniversary of the reunification of Germany took place in Kunduz October 3, 2008.

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) gather inside a shelter during a rocket attack against the base in Kunduz October 3, 2008.

German Bundeswehr army soldier of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) lies on a bench inside a shelter during a rocket attack against the base in Kunduz October 3, 2008.

A German Air Force military aircraft Transall C-160 prepares to land, as flags surrounding a memorial for killed ISAF soldiers are seen, at the German camp in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, Friday, Oct. 3, 2008.

German ISAF soldiers play their instruments during ceremonies commemorating German reunification at the German camp in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, Friday, Oct. 3, 2008. Germany was divided after World War II into zones governed by each of the four Allied victors _ Britain, France, Russia and the U.S. The three western sectors became West Germany, while the Russian sector became communist East Germany. The two nations were separated for more than four decades, until after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and official reunification in 1990.

ISAF soldier with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) salute during ceremonies commemorating German reunification at the German camp in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, Friday, Oct. 3, 2008. Germany was divided after World War II into zones governed by each of the four Allied victors _ Britain, France, Russia and the U.S. The three western sectors became West Germany, while the Russian sector became communist East Germany. The two nations were separated for more than four decades, until after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and official reunification in 1990.
    Last edited by He219; 10-03-2008 at 01:37 PM.

I love those pics, thanks very much He

Are these normal paras or member of a "Fallschirmspezialzug"? Nice pics by the way.