Page 43 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3335363738394041424344454647484950515393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Ah common i was just saying that those guys arent german and that its not THAT smart to just copy all pics.
    Nevermind, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CptGonzo View Post
    Ah common i was just saying that those guys arent german
    No *****, sherlock? Who said they are?

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Good pictures again!
    Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    I like the flag badge. Much better than the small one that is normally stock-issued.

Quote Originally Posted by seventy6er View Post
    No *****, sherlock? Who said they are?
    Well obviously this is the germany's contigent thread right? Pictures with germans only, something like this?

Es ist auch schon scheisse spät, also nehmts mir nich zu übel.

Well obviously this is the germany's contigent thread right? Pictures with germans only, something like this?
    Belgian army soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) distribute greetings card for the Eid al-Fitr festival as they patrol during a joint mission with German Bundeswehr army soldiers in Taloqan, west of Kunduz, September 30, 2008. The Eid al-Fitr festival marks the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
    Wer lesen kann...

Nuff said.

Which vest do you mean?

Muck, the flag is a IR Flag IIRC.

I thank He219 for all the time and effort he puts in making MilitaryPHOTOS.net loaded with PHOTOS (all other posters as well but he and few others are juts doing it more )

Also, if you've ever noticed many pics of the Daily thread get reposted in specific threads such as this one. Because would you want to roam through 6 month of daily pics thread to find a specific pic or check through one thread?

Thanks guys, It's nice to feel appreciated ..
    Ah common i was just saying that those guys arent german and that its not THAT smart to just copy all pics.
    I posted just about all of those in the daily pix anyway and actually figured that it's pertinent to show that we're/they're on joint patrols with Belgians in the AO. In a couple of those you can make out some Flecktarn smartypants ...

It's all relative to German ISAF operations.
    Not THAT smart 'eh?

Try posting some pix instead!

Member of the German lower house of parliament Anita Schaefer walks in front of German Bundeswehr army armoured vehicles of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) during a tour outside the camp in Kunduz, October 1, 2008. Chancellor Angela Merkel's government hopes to win a parliamentary mandate this month to increase troop numbers in Afghanistan by 1,000 soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancero View Post
    Sorry for any repost

A German soldier patrols the street in Taloqan, near Kundus, Afghanistan, 30 September 2008. In the middle of October 2008 the German parliament ('Bundestag') will decide on the extension of its Afghanistan mandate which would allow the deployment of a Bundeswehr contingent in Afghanistan for further 14 months. The Bundestag will additionally decide on deploying 1,000 further soldiers in the region

A trio of burkha clad Afghan women pass by as a German soldier patrols a market place in Taloqan, near Kundus 30 September 2008. The German parliament will debate this month the extension of their tour of duty in Afghanistan in addition to considering the number of troops from 1,000 to 4,500

A German Bundeswehr CH 53 transport helicopter takes off from Feisabad airfield, Afghanistan, 29 September 2008. In the middle of October German parliament ('Bundestag') will decide on the extension of its Afghanistan mandate which would allow the deployment of a Bundeswehr contingent in Afghanistan for further 14 months. The Bundestag will additionally decide on deploying 1,000 further soldiers in the region

Last edited by He219; 10-01-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seventy6er View Post
    Wer lesen kann...

Nuff said.
    Ist doch egal ob das jetzt Leute sind die mit auf Patroullie gehen, Deutsch sind sie deswegen trotzdem nich.

Naja egal. Weitermachen...

mfg

Between full ashtrays and empty Vodka bottles.

Thanks guys, It's nice to feel appreciated ..
    Ah common, you know we love you....In a manly kind of way....

Ist doch egal ob das jetzt Leute sind die mit auf Patroullie gehen, Deutsch sind sie deswegen trotzdem nich.

mfg
    Hinsetzen, Mund halten, auf die großen Jungs hören.

Other than that: Willkommen auf mp.net!

Wenn du dich an die Regeln hältst und hin und wieder auf alteingesessene Mitglieder hörst wird dein Aufenthalt hier lang und erfolgreich sein. Ansonsten....nicht...
    Kleiner Tipp: Mods (=Gods) in Frage stellen ist nie eine gute Idee....

/German

I love this thread..

mfg
    Aber Deutsche Soldaten sind damit, damnit!

Hoer zu, Belgier sind aber nich so schlimm dass Ich ueber sie nicht berichten werde, besonders as begleiter der Deutschen ..
    Zweite mal dass Ich es zeige:

Schreibe nich auf Deutsch wenn Sie denken dass Ich es nich verstehen wird!

Seriously, one of our other forum rules is that Engrish is to be used.
    [*******#2b547e]Forum Rules[/COLOR]
    10. This site's language is English. Using alternate languages to get around the flaming or insulting rules is not allowed and can earn a ban.
    New ones:

ISAF QRF: Vorbereitung ist alles (Quelle: Bundeswehr/Rolf Walter)

Ein eingespieltes Team (Quelle: Bundeswehr/Rolf Walter)

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) wait in a Dingo armoured vehicle to leave their camp for a mission in Kunduz October 2, 2008.

An ISAF soldier with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) offers water to an Afghan man and his child during a patrol in the mountains above Feyzabad, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008.

An ISAF soldier with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) tries to direct a landing Hercules military plane during heavy sand storm outside the German camp in Feyzabad, northern Afghanistan, Thursday, Oct 2, 2008.

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) walk in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008

German Bundeswehr army soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) adjusts his night vision goggles in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr army soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) mans his weapon atop of a Fuchs armoured personnel carrier in the camp before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz, October 2, 2008.
    Last edited by He219; 10-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.

This one...

...looks like that 23€ horsecrap vest. (http://www.asmc.de/de/Militaerausrue...schwarz-p.html)

The other one could likely be a Blackhwak vest or a crappy copy. Too bad that there are guys who have to go on patrol with such ****. Airsofters should donate their stuff for the big boys.

Thx again for those nice pics, He219!

Question: can the Fallschirmjäger choose what kind of G36 they would like to use? You see the standard G36 as well as the K in this pic.

Edit: or is the dude with the G36K from a Fallschirmspezialzug? I'm not sure, but I thought all infantry units were being issued the K.

AFAIK all infanterists get the A2 issued a sa standard weapon.
    More interesting: the MG4. Any numbers on how many got issued already?

mfg

As for the G36 we both use the A1 and the A2. The heavy platoon also got some Ks with AG36s and EoTechs. Saw one with a Hauptfeld from my company.

The Spezialzug is using Ks, but last year the LRRP school in Pfullendorf collected nearly all Ks within my battalion. I don't know if we get them back or if we got them back already hence I'm not in my home base at the moment.

There were rumors that all drivers get Ks, but it never happened. The Wiesel crews received MP7s I guess.

I've got no numbers for the MG4, but my company still had about 7 in storage while most parts were pulling security in Kunduz. I don't know how many they took with them or if they took weapons from my battalion at all.