Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3537383940414243444546474849505152535595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan - Germany's contingent (56k be gone) !!!

Does anybody know if they're still using the Wiesel/Fennek in Afghanistan?
    I haven't seen them on any pictures for a long time now.

Were they retired or is this just coincidence?

Thanks in advance!

Fennek is still in Afghanistan afaik.

Wiesel have once been and have been pulled out end of 2006-beginning 2007. (That was what a Wieselguy told me) Don't know if they're back again

I just wanna thank you all who have contributed to this thread, awesome pictures, guys

Danke Schön

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mork View Post
    Are these normal paras or member of a "Fallschirmspezialzug"? Nice pics by the way.
    Normal Paras, they just increasingly look badass.
    Actually, they are FschSpezZg ..

A German army soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) checks his weapon in his tent at a base before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz October 4, 2008.

A Bundeswehr soldier of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) walks in a base before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz October 4, 2008.

German soldiers of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) prepare to leave for a night mission in Kunduz, October 4, 2008.

German soldiers of the 263rd Paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) sit inside their 'Fuchs' armoured personnel carrier during a night mission in Kunduz, October 4, 2008.

German Bundeswehr soldiers of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) smoke cigarettes after returning to their base from a night mission, in Kunduz, October 4, 2008.

Patches on the uniforms of German army soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) are pictured at a base during a briefing before they leave for a mission in Kunduz October 5, 2008.

Bundeswehr soldiers of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) get a briefing at the army base in Kunduz before leaving for a mission to Taloqan, west of Kunduz, October 5, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr gunner of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) takes a position atop a 'Fuchs' armoured personnel carrier during a mission in near Taloqan, west of Kunduz, October 5, 2008.

A German Bundeswehr gunner of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) monitors the area from atop his Fuchs armoured personnel carrier during a mission in Taloqan, west of Kunduz October 5, 2008.

Bundeswehr soldiers of the 263rd paratroops unit of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) receive their dinners at a base before leaving for a night mission in Kunduz October 4, 2008.

Pilots with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) check their instruments inside the cockpit of a Transall C 160 military transport plane shortly before taking off from Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008.

The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force soldiers with the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) rest in a Transall C 160 military transport plane shortly after taking off from Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Thanks for the good pictures.

I guess we can legitimately reckon now that the badass paras in question were indeed members of the Fallschirmjägerspezialzug. One more good reason for them not to give a **** about the 37/10.

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    Actually, they are FschSpezZg ..
    Are you sure about that? They are wearing IDZ-Bodyarmor. I was under the impression, FschJgSpezZg are issued the Schutzweste Spezialkräfte: http://daten.bwb.org/AG-Bund/TL/Daten/84700068_3.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by little icebear View Post
    Are you sure about that? They are wearing IDZ-Bodyarmor. I was under the impression, FschJgSpezZg are issued the Schutzweste Spezialkräfte: http://daten.bwb.org/AG-Bund/TL/Daten/84700068_3.pdf
    Even my humble self was able to spot very obvious evidence in this picture:

FJ

German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the 4/452 military police battalion of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) take up position at a road block during a mine sweeping mission in Kunduz October 6, 2008.

A couple from Lancero posted in the daily pix ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancero View Post

Soldiers of the German Bundeswehr and of the Afghan National Army (ANA) go on an exploratory mission talking to people living in the villages around Faiserbad, Afghanistan, 05 October 2008. The German Bundestag debates in October the 14-month extension of the Afghanistan mandate and an additional deplployment of 1,000 soldiers then numbering in total 4,500

A German Bundeswehr soldier of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) pictured on an armoured track vehicle Dingo at the Bundeswehr camp in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, 04 October 2008. The German Bundestag debates in October the 14-month-extention of the Afghanistan mandate and an additional deployment of 1,000 soldiers then numbering 4,500 in total

Cover me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians ¯\(º_o)/¯

Very nice pics, He.
    You are the best.

Very nice pics, He and Lancero! Thx a bunch!

I got a question regarding this pic:

Can someone identify the weapon of the Bundeswehr soldier? I don't even know if that IS actually a weapon he got in front of his chest. To me it looks like a long curved mag, stock folded.

Other question: what kind of duties is our military police tasked with in Afghanistan? I often see MP-soldiers on patrol and am just wondering.
    Do the MP-soldiers have a special infantry/small-arsm training? Cause most of them seem to have nice G36k-setups (K, with Eotech, LLM etc.). Are they regular MP or maybe from "Zugriffstrupps" or "Greiftrupp" (don't know the correct term), like the soldiers in the pic shown below:

Quote Originally Posted by seventy6er View Post

Can someone identify the weapon of the Bundeswehr soldier? I don't even know if that IS actually a weapon he got in front of his chest. To me it looks like a long curved mag, stock folded.
    I'd say it's an MP5K without a stock. I've seen that configuration before with Feldjäger officers.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I'd say it's an MP5K without a stock. I've seen that configuration before with Feldjäger officers.

I know that configuration and IIRC the version with folding stock is called the MP5K PWD (but I'm not sure).

What still puzzles me is the long pistol grip (it seems like a long pistol grip to me) and the angle of the pistol grip. Also, I'm missing the foregrip to make it an MP5K.

Looks like a foregrip if you ask me.