Thread: Pictures of your airsoft rifle

Hey hjs, you got a niice carbine there! May you tell me more about that, power, base aeg for your work and pieces used on upgrading process.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    It's been awhile since I've airsoft'd, so I was thinking about buying a beater D-Boys or A&K M4 so I could attend a couple games this summer.

Instead of going that route, I've been thinking about using M4 parts that I have that refuse to sell to piece together a skirmish rifle. Using the parts that I have, this is what I've come up with.

(Pic Edited Out To Save Space)

Technically, it's most like a M468 with a REC7 upper. (With the dredded magwell thing. I use it as a vertical foregrip.)

I'm in the process of purchasing a stock tube, mechbox, outer barrel, selector switch, and other parts.

I'm thinking about spraying a camouflage pattern on the metal body, stock, stock tube, and barrel with Krylon, as it is a skirmish/utility rifle.
    Update:

Now with added PEQ-15! (+25,000 Tactical Points)

The stock tube and barrel arrived. I thought sure that the King Arms barrel would be 14mm-...turns out, it's 14mm+, so I'm limited, in that I won't be able to use the 14.5" barrel extension or the mock suppressor I have lying around. I'll eventually swap it out for a 14mm- outer barrel.

Instead of painting, I decided to use a tan Guarder upper on the M468 lower. I'm not sure of the final result...half of me likes it. The other half is, well, unsure. I also have the option of swapping the black Duostock for a tan one. I'm unsure on that one, as well.

Still need: Internals, Inner Barrel, Selector Switch, Trigger Guard Pin (Which will be a PITA to find.)

-Vic

Banned user

i say make the upper and lower match(preferably make both Black) plus go with the tan stock.

Update:

The stock tube and barrel arrived. I thought sure that the King Arms barrel would be 14mm-...turns out, it's 14mm+, so I'm limited, in that I won't be able to use the 14.5" barrel extension or the mock suppressor I have lying around. I'll eventually swap it out for a 14mm- outer barrel.

Instead of painting, I decided to use a tan Guarder upper on the M468 lower. I'm not sure of the final result...half of me likes it. The other half is, well, unsure. I also have the option of swapping the black Duostock for a tan one. I'm unsure on that one, as well.

Still need: Internals, Inner Barrel, Selector Switch, Trigger Guard Pin (Which will be a PITA to find.)

-Vic
    Uhhhhh, you're a dork... There are adapters in this world now that make barrel ends either 14mm+ to 14mm- or 14mm- to 14mm+. It only adds about a half inch to the barrel, I use one on my PTW (14mm+ to a 14mm-) So I can use a wider variety of flash hiders and tracer units.

Yep, I used to have one. (14mm- to 14mm+, though.)

They're $15.00 plus shipping (about $7.00) from Evike. Its cheaper to buy a second hand outer barrel.

And about the upper, yeah, I'll probably swap it out for the black one.

-Vic

BAMF rifle, Vic! Looks like something from Ghost Recon or CoD4. Regardless it looks neat all the same.

Any other modifications planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmith View Post
    Hey hjs, you got a niice carbine there! May you tell me more about that, power, base aeg for your work and pieces used on upgrading process.

Cheers
    I had parts in mind, so I really started from scratch. I bought a complete Systema gearbox and built the AEG from parts I wanted. I actually bought the gearbox a long time ago. I had a old TM M4 RIS that I had and broke. From that AEG I learned how to build AEGs. I was going to put it in the M4 when it broke. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is complete gearbox builds, so that was why I just bought a Systema gearbox. I finally decided to do the build when I started to see the Daniel Defense 9.5 Lite Rail Replica on some websites. I really liked the look of the Noveske flash hider, the Vltor flip up sight and the Daniel Defense RAS. Trevor from Airsoft Canada had a Systema build like this and my build is based of his build. Here is the link.
    http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ghlight=trevor
    As you can see I gave Trevor credit for the build and made sure he was okay with me biting off of his. Trevor did say he got his idea from other builds. The Vltor receiver was a no brainer. From there it was a matter of tweaking the other parts. This was a REALLY easy build!!

Update:

-Vic
    Frankenstein build, like mine but I like it!!!!

hjs ,very nice rifle

Default Aimpoint Micro T-1 or EOTech 556?

What is your preference?

OR

Feel free to give me feedback on your opinions.

the first setup looks so plain and empty. i like the second setup. but thats just my opinion.

Just sharing a distressed/weathered/abused desert paintjob I did for my CQBR...

Took these photos 15 minutes after I did the paintjob. Used Tamiya model kit aerosols. My method was to apply silicone oil on edges, and a few seconds after spraying, I wiped the oiled areas with cloth and thus removing the paint on those areas.

Played with it a few hours later and people at the gamesite thought I worked on the gun for a week LOL.

Specs (exterior): mostly JG M4-CQBR, but changed the receivers to Systema metal, and JG Chayote stock changed to enlarged (battery compartment) Crane stock from DBOYS. G&P M68 with Star Wilcox mount. Marui hi-cap mag. Classic Army vert foregrip.

Specs: Deepfire titanium full tooth piston body, Systema aluminum piston head w/ bearing, Systema M130 spring, Systema spring guide w/ bearing, Systema airseal nozzle, Systema hop and hop bucking, EdGi Tight Barrel 6.03mm. Systema bushings and shims. ToolBox Sorbothane pistonhead damper. All other internals stock JG.

About 420-435 FPS based on last chrono.

-RODION

sundays are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by hjs032570 View Post
    Feel free to give me feedback on your opinions.
    Only airsofters would take pics of a weapon (real or fake) in front of computers, hahah.

Default one of my m4s

Here's one of my favorites:

Markings and stuff: