Thread: Where to buy surplus HUM-Vs

Default Where to buy surplus HUM-Vs

Anyone know a good place that sells surplus ones that are in really rough shape? Im looking to get a **** one cheap and restore it. I know that they are not supposed to be released by the DoD but I found out that the Marines have released a bunch. So i know for a fact they are on the market. Thanks

PS I dont need a bunch of info about how you are not supposed to own one because they are not entirely true.

Considering the fact that we are still using the humvees from the 80's it may be difficult. I did however see a Marine M998 on ebay a long time ago. It was going for $8,000

AFAIK they are required to remove the suspension and many other key components before scrapping/selling them, but I can't say that for certain.

Some vehicles (M551's included) are required to be "partially destroyed" in order to be sold to the general public. Dunno why.

I've seen supposed USMC surplus M998's on Ebay motors for about $30,000. I have the same intent as you, but I'll ***** it and use that sucker hard. Then again, I don't know if I'll ever make enough money to buy it, and then gas?! HAH!

Good luck though man. Have a good one.

Army hummers must be destroyed prior to being removed from service. USMC hummers are the only military hummers you will see legally n the open market. They have made a deal to retire older hummers by exchanging them with a dealer in GA for new ones. This only happens every few years but they are out there.

If you fins one for under 20k, jump on it. But try these sites.

http://www.armyjeeps.net/

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/cl...hp?type=armour

http://www.intlrepo-depo.com/sales.htm

http://www.real4wd.com/

Is that guy in GA a collector?

Feel good user title Digital Marine's Avatar

www.xhumvee.com

they seem to be selling some sweet humvees

IIRC he is a dealer, not a collector.

thanks so ex*****e though. Even non running ones start at 25,000

4 MaDeuce's.. hell yeah i want that one!

If your box is green, you might have a yeast infection. -MrSkorotsnoy

If your looking for a really cheap hummer you can buy any 72-90's old domestic truck 3/4 ton and buy a hummer body and slip it on. I think they make them in alberta, every 4x4 magzine has adds in the back for it. From what I hear they do make the "military" version bodies.

I work with the guy who fabs the bodies for Gorilla's hummer kit. Well, he owns the shop anyway. They are not only very reasonable but nice too boot. Much better than the original. We are looking at doing the military shell and doors on a kit for the business on a suburban frame.

saw someing on a tech geeky site about someone who designed and built a replica from scratch he sells the plans on CD rom

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Marine
    www.xhumvee.com

they seem to be selling some sweet humvees
    We sell only the finest ex-military Humvees available; each has been thoroughly inspected and serviced by our own mechanics. We take pride in delivering quality products that our customers will enjoy and tell others about. Our trucks are the ultimate off-road vehicle, however, they are designed to military specifications, not civilian. If you are looking for a civilian Hummer to drive on the road, contact my good friend Bill Scurry at Lou Sobh Hummer in Atlanta Georgia..
    Here is the kicker on that site. You won't be able to get tags for these and drive them on the road. Since they don't have airbags and meet current government crash standards, a clear title is not going to be possible.

Isn't it interesting how our lovely government exempts itself from the standards it expects everyone else to go along with...?