Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion Etrangere

What bothers me is that a lot of people make jokes about the French armed forces, especially in the UK and US, and I always just shake my head and laugh. The Foreign Legion look like some of the toughest bastards in the world, and Id love to see some armchair, airsoft general make jokes about 'the frogs' in front of one of them

Great photos mate

Anyone has pics of the "lost battalion": a battalion of the Legion that deserted to the OAS during the war in Algeria?

Default Re: LE again

Very nice pictures indeed, but I keep looking closer on this one:

The uniforms and weapons are definetly Norwegian Army. I know that there recently has been held a winter-survival training camp with exercises very similar to this, in Norway, where the participants came from countries like Croatia and Serbia (yes, one the very same course) the picture may be taken there. But I must say I doubt that any of the participants were from the Legion d'etrangere. Anyone else know something about this picture?

Looks like a FAMAS though.

If you check the pictures URL: http://www.legion-etrangere.info/images/2REG/2reg11.jpg

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

my hats off to anyone that had to serve in Djibouti...the boat i was on pulled into port there to take on fuel..the Captain wouldn't even let us get off the boat because 90% of the whores there have hiv/aids..the thing i remember the most was the flies..jeez, you could even open your mouth before a dozen flies swarmed in...Djibouti, what a ****hole...(no offence to anyone from there)...

Mudlegionnaires ?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_newstead
    What bothers me is that a lot of people make jokes about the French armed forces, especially in the UK and US, and I always just shake my head and laugh. The Foreign Legion look like some of the toughest bastards in the world, and Id love to see some armchair, airsoft general make jokes about 'the frogs' in front of one of them
    They wouldn't.. because it would be ass kick'en time. I have a guy who works for my who's ex-Legion. Smart dude and tougher then woodpecker lips..Original German.

Here are some nice photos, click on "Today's Legion"
    http://voltigeur1.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Isbjoern
    The uniforms and weapons are definetly Norwegian Army. I know that there recently has been held a winter-survival training camp with exercises very similar to this, in Norway, where the participants came from countries like Croatia and Serbia (yes, one the very same course) the picture may be taken there. But I must say I doubt that any of the participants were from the Legion d'etrangere. Anyone else know something about this picture?
    Do you have any photo of that training, I'd like to see Serbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Isbjoern
    Very nice pictures indeed, but I keep looking closer on this one:

Nothing different from having summer "peace camps" here with kids from both commuinities of NI mixed together.
    Think that programme have been working here for years without much trouble.

And as for the pic, there are many Norwegians in there yes, the guy jumping in the water for instance is dressed in the Norwegian army working/fatigue/summer field uniform, but then I also see at least one guy in French field uniform with a FAMAS slung on the back.
    In my days there used to be an exchange programme between the infantry battalions of Brig N and the Chasseur Alpins.

Thanks for sharing these GP~~

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

some very nice pics here...tell me the backblast won't take this soldiers legs off...

Say what you want about the Legion ('Fremdenlegion' in German), but a soldier can hardly get tougher than those guys. I like their way of marching (much slower than the usual drill - They even adopted my beloved "Westerwald" for parades etc. - just much slower. Can anyone point me to some vids or mp3? I'd very much appreciate it.

the Netherlands, member of the eurowussie team

awesome photos