Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 248

Thread: Legion Etrangere

  1. #16
    Member dr_newstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    112

    Default

    What bothers me is that a lot of people make jokes about the French armed forces, especially in the UK and US, and I always just shake my head and laugh. The Foreign Legion look like some of the toughest bastards in the world, and Id love to see some armchair, airsoft general make jokes about 'the frogs' in front of one of them

  2. #17
    Senior Member Yosy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,144

    Default

    Great photos mate

    Anyone has pics of the "lost battalion": a battalion of the Legion that deserted to the OAS during the war in Algeria?

  3. #18
    Member Isbjoern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up North....
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: LE again

    Very nice pictures indeed, but I keep looking closer on this one:



    The uniforms and weapons are definetly Norwegian Army. I know that there recently has been held a winter-survival training camp with exercises very similar to this, in Norway, where the participants came from countries like Croatia and Serbia (yes, one the very same course) the picture may be taken there. But I must say I doubt that any of the participants were from the Legion d'etrangere. Anyone else know something about this picture?

  4. #19
    Seņior Member Fargin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Section h8
    Posts
    13,620

    Default

    Looks like a FAMAS though.



    If you check the pictures URL: http://www.legion-etrangere.info/images/2REG/2reg11.jpg



  5. #20
    Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chore List
    Posts
    15,481

    Default

    my hats off to anyone that had to serve in Djibouti...the boat i was on pulled into port there to take on fuel..the Captain wouldn't even let us get off the boat because 90% of the whores there have hiv/aids..the thing i remember the most was the flies..jeez, you could even open your mouth before a dozen flies swarmed in...Djibouti, what a ****hole...(no offence to anyone from there)...

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    en vol...
    Posts
    63

    Default













    Mudlegionnaires ?
























  7. #22
    Ancient Member RGRBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know....
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_newstead
    What bothers me is that a lot of people make jokes about the French armed forces, especially in the UK and US, and I always just shake my head and laugh. The Foreign Legion look like some of the toughest bastards in the world, and Id love to see some armchair, airsoft general make jokes about 'the frogs' in front of one of them
    They wouldn't.. because it would be ass kick'en time. I have a guy who works for my who's ex-Legion. Smart dude and tougher then woodpecker lips..Original German.

  8. #23

    Default Re: LE again

    Here are some nice photos, click on "Today's Legion"
    http://voltigeur1.net/


    Quote Originally Posted by Isbjoern
    The uniforms and weapons are definetly Norwegian Army. I know that there recently has been held a winter-survival training camp with exercises very similar to this, in Norway, where the participants came from countries like Croatia and Serbia (yes, one the very same course) the picture may be taken there. But I must say I doubt that any of the participants were from the Legion d'etrangere. Anyone else know something about this picture?
    Do you have any photo of that training, I'd like to see Serbs?

  9. #24
    Senior Member OldRecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    With the AG-3 fetish club
    Posts
    2,085

    Default Re: LE again

    Quote Originally Posted by Isbjoern
    Very nice pictures indeed, but I keep looking closer on this one:



    The uniforms and weapons are definetly Norwegian Army. I know that there recently has been held a winter-survival training camp with exercises very similar to this, in Norway, where the participants came from countries like Croatia and Serbia (yes, one the very same course) the picture may be taken there. But I must say I doubt that any of the participants were from the Legion d'etrangere. Anyone else know something about this picture?
    Nothing different from having summer "peace camps" here with kids from both commuinities of NI mixed together.
    Think that programme have been working here for years without much trouble.

    And as for the pic, there are many Norwegians in there yes, the guy jumping in the water for instance is dressed in the Norwegian army working/fatigue/summer field uniform, but then I also see at least one guy in French field uniform with a FAMAS slung on the back.
    In my days there used to be an exchange programme between the infantry battalions of Brig N and the Chasseur Alpins.

  10. #25
    Member MEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dead man walking
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Thanks for sharing these GP~~

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Army
    Posts
    670

    Default



























  12. #27

  13. #28
    Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chore List
    Posts
    15,481

    Default

    some very nice pics here...tell me the backblast won't take this soldiers legs off...


  14. #29
    Member weissent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Yorp
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Say what you want about the Legion ('Fremdenlegion' in German), but a soldier can hardly get tougher than those guys. I like their way of marching (much slower than the usual drill - They even adopted my beloved "Westerwald" for parades etc. - just much slower. Can anyone point me to some vids or mp3? I'd very much appreciate it.

  15. #30
    Senior Member drGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    the Netherlands, member of the eurowussie team
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    awesome photos


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •