Thread: Belleville Boots 790s - Ideas on how to find the right size?

Default Belleville Boots 790s - Ideas on how to find the right size?

Hi, I would like to buy a pair of Belleville 790s Desert Boots, however I do not know the right size for me. Problem is, Belleville does not have a representation over here in Europe making trial and error impossible.

Does someone coincidentally have a pair of Belleville Boots 790V, either size 11.0R, 11.0W, 11.5R or 11.5W?

Could you just measure the length as well as the width of the removable insoles for me? I could compare the measure to the length of a pair of my own insoles (my old issued BW Bergschuh, leicht) and hence come to a conclusion.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Have a nice day!
    Kind regards
    mark23

I don't have Bellevilles, but every other type of military boot I've worn for myself is 11.5R. In European sizes I wear a 46.

Banned user

I've been told that they run almost identical to UK sizes. I've sold several pair to guys in the UK and they've all been please.

They tend to run pretty standard in their sizes; this it, they coincide pretty well with what you typically will find in any given size of other footwear. I tend to wear a 9.5 in tennis shoes and other footwear, and my 9.5 Bellevilles are right on the money.

Hope that helps.

Avoiding Work (sadly failing) somewhere in the UK

American sizes are one size bigger than UK sizes if that helps.
    I'm a size 11R for my Bellevilles, a size 10 UK or size 43 EU for my normal shoes. Hope that helps.

I've got two pairs, and they're great.. I wear 9.5W, and when they got here they felt great... The most comfortable boot out there.. They don't pinch the toes in like Matterhorn, and Danner. They are round at the toes and feel great.... I think I paid 139.-- bucks with the post for mine, to Switzerland...

Avoiding Work (sadly failing) somewhere in the UK

I had to pay about US$150 w/ shipping and customs to get mine into the country.
    mikebox, which Danners do you have? or are you talking about Danners in general? because I am terribly curious about some of their boots... I've been looking at either the Acadia or the Desert Eagle, those both look good to me. I won't be getting them anytime soon, but any thoughts? You know a helluva lot about this kinda stuff so any advice'd be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your input. I did get a size conversion chart US vs. Mondopoint from Belleville. Great service from their side.

I once (appr. seven years ago) bought a pair of Danner Acadias, they are 11.5 EE but their toe-box is not very comfortable, I totally agree on that.

I have a EU 45, UK 10.5 (Lloyd), I think I will order the Bellevilles in 11.0W.

Thanks again to all who contributed.

Best regards

mark23

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfire
    I had to pay about US$150 w/ shipping and customs to get mine into the country.
    mikebox, which Danners do you have? or are you talking about Danners in general? because I am terribly curious about some of their boots... I've been looking at either the Acadia or the Desert Eagle, those both look good to me. I won't be getting them anytime soon, but any thoughts? You know a helluva lot about this kinda stuff so any advice'd be appreciated.
    I've tryed them before, and I myself, don't like the way they fit around my toes.. I've got freinds who would run threw fire for them.. they love them. I think it's mostly they way they fit on you.. I suggest, you try going around and see if you can find a shop that sells them, try them on, with the socks you plan to wear with them, I suggest, the Army issue wool socks, or better yet, get a hold of a pair of Rohner Grenadier socks, I find these to be the best I've ever tried in my life.. I've never had hot feet, nor have I ever had a blister in them... But go out and try some on... Thanks for the trust.. I like to try to help out anyone who wnats help.. I've spent a lot of money and time looking into these things, and I've not yet covered it all, but I know what I like.

I received my Bellevilles 790s in 11.0W and they are absolutely the right size. Very nice boots, indeed. Thanks again.
    Kind regards
    mark23

Quote Originally Posted by mark23
    I received my Bellevilles 790s in 11.0W and they are absolutely the right size. Very nice boots, indeed. Thanks again.
    Kind regards
    mark23
    Mine are the best fitting boots I've ever worn... plenty of room in the toes...