Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Hazing?

Default Military Hazing?

I used to go to a military college where so called "hazing" was an every day training tool. Hazing as in Excessive PT, profanity, and "laying hand apon" recruits, ect. I believe there is some benifit from it such as discipline and order.

I was wondering if anyone who has undergone military training of any kind has any opinions on this manner of training and/or if anyone could provide any pictures of such behavior.

Thanks

Default military hazing?

Oh ya... as soon as I figure out how to post some pics of my own..... I will... Sorry.

I can't post any pics of hazing, I was too busing getting hazed...

It's something I never did though... But I don't condone it... It has it's points and it keps some in line... But that would depend on which type your talking about...

Default military hazing

Ok. I was rather vague. Actually I was just expelled from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. I was brought up on BS charges of hazing. My actions do not fit the definition of hazing and I as a result, I have filed suit against The Citadel to get back in. I can only give example of what was done to me such as: being bound and beaten in the ********s with rods; having to drink windex; ect.. This punishment was given because of failure and poor performance on my part.

This is just an example of what type of military hazing I am speaking about. From attending a military college, I have heard accounts of many other cadets who have experience similar training through basic training in the US Army, Boot Camp at Parris Island, OCS, ect…

Default Re: military hazing

Quote Originally Posted by delta bravo
    Ok. I was rather vague. Actually I was just expelled from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. I was brought up on BS charges of hazing. My actions do not fit the definition of hazing and I as a result, I have filed suit against The Citadel to get back in. I can only give example of what was done to me such as: being bound and beaten in the ********s with rods; having to drink windex; ect.. This punishment was given because of failure and poor performance on my part.

This is just an example of what type of military hazing I am speaking about. From attending a military college, I have heard accounts of many other cadets who have experience similar training through basic training in the US Army, Boot Camp at Parris Island, OCS, ect…
    ****... The Citadel... I suggest, finding a journalist, and stopping that school from opening it's doors in the fall... I spent time in the Army, and have never heard of nor seen hazing on that level... we hazed guys, but never hurt anyone... The leadership and chain of command from th elowly Cpl to the Guy on top have a responcibility to make sure the the livly hood of their men is taken care of... a Univercity that trains officers to lead men, by doing this is on the wrong road. What while happen later oncew this Officer has graduated, when he or she is given the responcibilty of a Plt. will this person look past these things when they are happeneing to his or her men and women... I think and believe that although there is some need of hazing... but on the level your talking about, this shows a lack of stupidity.... If the C o C puts up with this kind of hazing then this school should be closed, but if your getting kicked out is a result of you passing on a foolish tradition, then sorry son, you got what you deserved.... You wanted to be a military officer, you as a military officer, have to stand out, and a leader, not some kind of bully...

I can out of a place that hazzed people, and sometime it got crazy, but never foolish... The health of my men was always first... pouring windex down their throats would have been killing them...

fap, fap, fap, mousegiggle, fap, fap, fap toki's Avatar

Default Re: Military Hazing?

I used to go to a military college where so called "hazing" was an every day training tool. Hazing as in Excessive PT, profanity, and "laying hand apon" recruits, ect. I believe there is some benifit from it such as discipline and order.

I was wondering if anyone who has undergone military training of any kind has any opinions on this manner of training and/or if anyone could provide any pictures of such behavior.

Thanks
    just posted this thread about an incident some days ago.
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ic.php?t=52231

It was more then just hazing. Beatings, electroshocks, tied up, hooded, sprayed with cold water, water hoses in mouth etc. (german army recruits)

Default military hazing

Definitely…. I completely agree with looking after one’s own soldiers… however I was just giving an example of behavior that was done to me and has been common at some military colleges in the US. The actions I was involved in was foul language and excessive PT. I NEVER HARMED anyone… However my point is this: is excessive PT and foul language (regardless of its nature) appropriate in a training environment?

Is hazing necessary, does it make you a better person, by doing it to others because you had done to you, does that make it right. The problem is that some twisted person always wants to go that bit further with this sort thing until there is a tragic accident, then every one blames every one else. During my spell in the Airborne I found that life was hard but fair and we made sure that no one was picked on for unfair treatment by any one. Regrettably this sort of thing can come very personal between some people and be taken far to far.

There's a thin line between being hard and hazing. I'm in a fraternity and I'm going to be in the Army in not too long so I'm pretty experienced in this subject.

hazing ..... what hazing

Going through basic, AIT, and at my unit I never saw much hazing. I saw soldiers who needed discilpline get it. I never saw a higher ranking soldier strike a lower ranking soldier. I saw a tremendous amount of extra PT to get the point across. Hitting soldiers or anyone for that matter only breads the type of soldiers you would not want to serve with.
    I will say though that on occasion we had a new soldier who needed some straightening out and we did so through practical jokes that sometimes went to far. But it was never physical.
    That was my experience. But I was in a squared away unit that had good leadership and for the most part good soldiers.

The accounts of the "citadel" are on par from the stories I heard from officers that went to the citadel. I heard the place was hell for the first two years and four years if you were not squared away or a yankee!(The yankee part was a joke)

Cadet, I'm a grad from F-Troop. I was also a Guard (P@ssy Pounder), Cordell, Cadre PSG, and Cadre Corporal and whatever else "hooah" you want to think of. I spent four years at a military boarding school before going to El Cid. I was hazed many a time, and hazed many a cadet...in fact, I was relieved as Cadre PSG for hazing.

You should be focused on becoming an outstanding soldier and leader. You should make sure that you are physically fit, that you get the best grades you can get, that you learn the basics of being a soldier and learning from the people around you. You should also be learning on how to be a leader of people...something that makes the education you receive in the Barracks just as valuable as the one you receive in the classroom.

There is a difference between hazing and training...even remedial training. A fat upperclassman having knobs hanging from his full-press during ESP is not going to help them get through Ranger School or pass BUD/S. But a hard-charging, physically fit Squad Sergeant taking his squad on a moto run 8 miles through Charleston, the "O" course, and finishing through the swamps is good $hit.

Learn from your mistakes. If you get back in, good for you. But getting hazed doesn't make you hard-core. Pushing your subordinates hard, and yourself harder, is what earns their respect.

One final note: what goes on at El Cid stays there. There is no need for "drinking windex, being hit in the ********s by rods" etc. That's stupid. I will tell you that, and any grad who served in the military will tell you the same thing. Do not diminish the value of my band of gold by telling others that The Citadel is nothing but senseless hazing. It is far more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebox

****... The Citadel... I suggest, finding a journalist, and stopping that school from opening it's doors in the fall... I spent time in the Army, and have never heard of nor seen hazing on that level... we hazed guys, but never hurt anyone... The leadership and chain of command from th elowly Cpl to the Guy on top have a responcibility to make sure the the livly hood of their men is taken care of... a Univercity that trains officers to lead men, by doing this is on the wrong road. What while happen later oncew this Officer has graduated, when he or she is given the responcibilty of a Plt. will this person look past these things when they are happeneing to his or her men and women... I think and believe that although there is some need of hazing... but on the level your talking about, this shows a lack of stupidity.... If the C o C puts up with this kind of hazing then this school should be closed, but if your getting kicked out is a result of you passing on a foolish tradition, then sorry son, you got what you deserved.... You wanted to be a military officer, you as a military officer, have to stand out, and a leader, not some kind of bully...

I can out of a place that hazzed people, and sometime it got crazy, but never foolish... The health of my men was always first... pouring windex down their throats would have been killing them...
    Mike this is NOT indicative of my alma mater. Out of my group from college we have the following: Five LTs at all three Ranger Battalions. One SEAL Officer. One of two USAF LTs selected for AFSOC PJ career field. Six selected for the Q-course. Five Marine Officers. All have been deployed to OIF or OEF. Not to mention several foriegn officers who have supported us in ISAF and other places.

There will always be a 10%, just like anywhere. That does not mean that the college is flawed. It's a damn fine institution.

Erik2a4:

So you think everything is allright??? I will NEVER send my children to the same boarding school i went to!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy
    Erik2a4:

So you think everything is allright??? I will NEVER send my children to the same boarding school i went to!
    Military college and military boarding school are two different animals. My high-school taught me many things. Including that kids can be incredibly cruel...including myself, unfortunately.

I would not send my son (if I ever have one) to a military boarding school unless he is "drawn" to something like that. I excelled in a strict, egalitarian environment. But it's most certainly not for everyone.