Thread: Greeks neutral over war on terror

Banned user

Default Greeks neutral over war on terror

[size=6]Greeks neutral over war on terror [/size]

Greeks condemn terrorist attacks such as those that occurred in London last Thursday as criminal acts but would rather stay neutral in the fight against terror, which they see as a war of the poor on the rich, a survey by Kapa Research shows.

The results of the survey, conducted on Thursday for Antenna radio station, were published by newspaper To Vima on Saturday.

Of the 1,220 respondents to the telephone survey, 84.6 percent condemned the attacks on London “unequivocally” as a criminal act, while 8.2 percent applauded “an act of resistance against the great powers” and 5.9 percent said that they were either neutral or not concerned.

Despite the wide condemnation, only 44 percent would certainly (20 percent) or probably (24 percent) take part in a demonstration of solidarity with Londoners, while 54.2 percent would certainly (39.6 percent) or probably (14.6 percent) not.

Greeks are strongly opposed to Tony Blair’s call for a tough international response against terrorism. Three out of four (74.3 percent) say Greece should stay neutral, while 20.8 percent said it should support the UK and others. Nearly two out of three (62.8 percent) believe that the attack will only have a negative effect on big powers, while 33.3 percent say it will affect Greece. While three-quarters (75 percent) admitted that they prefer *** with goats.

As for the most effective way to counter terrorism, 84.3 percent say it is aid to poor countries, while only 10.8 support a policy of forceful response, including increased security measures at home. However, 61.5 percent said the London attacks undermined prospects of more aid for poor countries by the G8.

Respondents attributed the absence of a terrorist attack during the Athens Olympics to Greece’s traditionally good relations with Arab countries (89.3 percent) and the security measures in place (61.2 percent).

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w.../07/2005_58465

If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Greeks are strongly opposed to Tony Blair’s call for a tough international response against terrorism. Three out of four (74.3 percent) say Greece should stay neutral, while 20.8 percent said it should support the UK and others. Nearly two out of three (62.8 percent) believe that the attack will only have a negative effect on big powers, while 33.3 percent say it will affect Greece. While three-quarters (75 percent) admitted that they prefer *** with goats.

Very funny Douche.

I'm not surprised. Since some idiots on both sides of the pond have abused the phrase "war on terror" for propaganda reasons in connection with iraq, I wouldn't follow Blair's call for a tough international response neither. I'm all for fighting terror, when necessary with full military force, but when Bush or Blair speak about war on terror, how can I be sure that this is not just another propaganda trick to "liberate" an unfriendly country which coincidentally is rich on natural resources?
    Besides, 93 percent believe that BlackRain is retarded while 7 percent know that for sure.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Pille1234
    Besides, 93 percent believe that BlackRain is retarded while 7 percent know that for sure.
    Ha ha ha !

God bless the Greeks, good old common sense people.

Banned user

I'm not surprised. Since some idiots on both sides of the pond have abused the phrase "war on terror" for propaganda reasons in connection with iraq, I wouldn't follow Blair's call for a tough international response neither. I'm all for fighting terror, when necessary with full military force, but when Bush or Blair speak about war on terror, how can I be sure that this is not just another propaganda trick to "liberate" an unfriendly country which coincidentally is rich on natural resources?

This is the real problem: "War on terror" is such an empty concept used by a cynic gang for peculiar interests that when lemmings will awake, they won't move anymore when a real "terror" will come. It's just like the children story (I don't know it its known in the English world) the "Mr. Seguin's goat": you cry "wolf" for fake reasons, but when a real wolf comes, nobody believes you anymore.

The first systematic Turkish Army was founded at 209 BC - to be called by Romans: "Scourge of God"

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaribal

This is the real problem: "War on terror" is such an empty concept used by a cynic gang for peculiar interests that when lemmings will awake, they won't move anymore when a real "terror" will come. It's just like the children story (I don't know it its known in the English world) the "Mr. Seguin's goat": you cry "wolf" for fake reasons, but when a real wolf comes, nobody believes you anymore.

"War on BS" will bring out "Peace" to the Middle Age Society...
    fully bs...

Default Re: Greeks neutral over war on terror

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRain
    [size=6]Greeks neutral over war on terror [/size]
    Yep, you are one funny sheep humper...sure we are neutral regarding the hoax you are calling 'war on terror' and i hope it stays that way

Finally you came up with a good source...Kathimerini is a very good newspaper, seriously.

Stick to your retarded anti-French threads Rainy...its all you and your buddy Bluezoolander can do anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eater
    Great if this gets out on u.s. news channels alot of people are goin to be callin me a f*** terrorist. hell i already get that
    With 'em or against 'em bro...

I think he's talking about GW's comment that neutral countries are automatically against the US

Quote Originally Posted by Michael RVR
    I think he's talking about GW's comment that neutral countries are automatically against the US
    Which is why Doctors without Borders pulled out of Ghanny. Some idiot blurred the line and tried to use an aid organization (ie. threatening to deny medical help provided by an independent aid organization to those who didnt help the coalition) to make up for their short comings.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eater
    wut the f*** is that supposed to mean achilles
    Chill out...what Michael RVR said

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by achilles

Yep, you are one funny sheep humper...sure we are neutral regarding the hoax you are calling 'war on terror' and i hope it stays that way
    Achilles,

Your country can remain neutral for now, that is fine. However, you can't remain neutral forever.

But when the day comes (God forbid) that the Islamists go for the grand attack on the USA or one of her allies using CBN (chem, bio, nuke); you will be forced to join one side or the other.

I wonder which side it will be?

If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRain
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles

Achilles,

Your country can remain neutral for now, that is fine. However, you can't remain neutral forever.

But when the day comes (God forbid) that the Islamists go for the grand attack on the USA or one of her allies using CBN (chem, bio, nuke); you will be forced to join one side or the other.

I wonder which side it will be?
    Uh, Greece has troops in A-stan. I don't know how that is somehow construed as neutrality against terrorism; furthermore, the fact that the Olympic security was flawless is testament to Greece's CT efforts and forces.

Hey i am trying to reply but i get the following message:
    "No post code specified". I have been receiving it for the last couple of days when trying to post larger-thatn-usual messages.

Kind of annoying isnt it?