Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Leopard 2 MBT

Default Swiss Army Leo2A4WE

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post

Thanks. Any more availible frontally?

Raw 720p HD action:

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Angry Indonesian Minister confirms plans to purchase European surplus equipment

Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    I was shocked by news that Netherlands would retire all its Leopard from active service (and probably sell them).Regrettabily this is only the most extreme manifestation of the "rapid deployment" madness that have pervaded western military in the last decade (altought the first worring signs of that trend even predates 9/11) and to underline the utter madness of all this obviously the news came out after the same Usa has begun its retreat from Afganistan...Well maybe they are right: according fromvery latest news trom stock excanges, probably our own governments in near future would have more need of anti-riot ecquipment to use against our own peoples than of weapons for protect them from a possible foreign menace.
    The Indonesian Defence Minister is reportedly saying that Indonesia will be procuring Leopard A6s....so is Dutch's Leopards being sold to the Indonesians?\http://defpro.com/daily/details/921Terrific, the Dutch will aid the Indonesians by selling the Leos to them in the latter's supression of the resistance in its occupation of Irian Jaya, well done Holland.
    Last edited by Black Aces; 12-27-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo error & wrong claims 1

Quote Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
    The Indonesian Defence Minister is reportedly saying that Indonesia will be procuring Leopard A6s....so is Dutch's Leopards being sold to the Indonesians?\http://defpro.com/daily/details/921Terrific, the Dutch will aid the Indonesians by selling the Leos to them in the latter's supression of the resistance in its occupation of Irian Jaya, well done Holland.

Just to be clear
    the dutch parliament is oppose to this plan.

and even more heart breaking is some of our parliament to is oppose to the plan.

the part that I bold from your post.

I find it hard to believe that this MBT will be used in Irian Jaya(just to be clear we stop using the term Irian Jaya and call the province as PAPUA for years now)

do you ever come to PAPUA...??
    do you know anything about PAPUA native...??
    do you even have the slightest idea about transportation there...??

the area is very ROUGED and mountainous with tick Forrest stretch from one end to the other,with barely enough road to connect the entire province.that's why PAPUA is the only area with the most air***** in the whole country.coz if you want to go from one KABUPATEN(equivalent of District) to another,you literally need to go by airplane (this is the case with half of PAPUA).

so I think any sane military commander wont deploy any MBT(what ever it is,whether it's LEO 2,T-64 BULAT,K1A1/K1A2,T-90) to the region,coz it wont be effective and only will be a burden.and I stake my money that our military commander is Sane people.

if we're to deploy MBT it will be in KALIMANTAN or JAWA or SUMATRA island(Borneo) and unlikely Nusa Tenggara Timur.

and please,in the past we admit there is mistakes that been made by the previous government.and we're admit it
    and some the perpetrator is already in custody and been trial already.the other if still any will be brought eventually.
    but do you have to keep pinning it up to the current government...?!,and still accusing there still many foul play when we're currently trying our hardest to fix it.

please,if you happened to have any prove to your statement
    do enlighten me..

Not sure if been posted. But pretty badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THeaXnM6Npg

Member Shark with freaking laser's Avatar

Someone should merge this thread with the other Leo 2 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjaitan View Post
    Just to be clear
    the dutch parliament is oppose to this plan.

and even more heart breaking is some of our parliament to is oppose to the plan.

the part that I bold from your post.

I find it hard to believe that this MBT will be used in Irian Jaya(just to be clear we stop using the term Irian Jaya and call the province as PAPUA for years now)

do you ever come to PAPUA...??
    do you know anything about PAPUA native...??
    do you even have the slightest idea about transportation there...??

the area is very ROUGED and mountainous with tick Forrest stretch from one end to the other,with barely enough road to connect the entire province.that's why PAPUA is the only area with the most air***** in the whole country.coz if you want to go from one KABUPATEN(equivalent of District) to another,you literally need to go by airplane (this is the case with half of PAPUA).

so I think any sane military commander wont deploy any MBT(what ever it is,whether it's LEO 2,T-64 BULAT,K1A1/K1A2,T-90) to the region,coz it wont be effective and only will be a burden.and I stake my money that our military commander is Sane people.

if we're to deploy MBT it will be in KALIMANTAN or JAWA or SUMATRA island(Borneo) and unlikely Nusa Tenggara Timur.

and please,in the past we admit there is mistakes that been made by the previous government.and we're admit it
    and some the perpetrator is already in custody and been trial already.the other if still any will be brought eventually.
    but do you have to keep pinning it up to the current government...?!,and still accusing there still many foul play when we're currently trying our hardest to fix it.

please,if you happened to have any prove to your statement
    do enlighten me..
    Well fellow Panjaitan,

As you have correctly figured out, I have not been to Indonesie and knowledgeable locals like yourself are always correct to correct my geographical error and for this, I thank you.

There is no need to overreact for statements that are incorrect and I appreciate people like you to correct them and it is through your corrections, we learn the other person's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
    Well fellow Panjaitan,

As you have correctly figured out, I have not been to Indonesie and knowledgeable locals like yourself are always correct to correct my geographical error and for this, I thank you.

There is no need to overreact for statements that are incorrect and I appreciate people like you to correct them and it is through your corrections, we learn the other person's point of view.

it was my pleasure if I can be of help.even with limited information that I have.

the bold part.
    it was indeed a mistake by me to overreact.and for that I apologize.
    but for me,I've been a silent reader in this forum for a while and few times I watch and read some comment by few member of this forum who so BIAS toward my country and at the time I cant reply to respond for the statement coz I haven't have an ID in this forum.

that is why I make this ID,so hopely I can learn a thing or two from this forum and be able to respond to news about my own country when the need arise.

once again I apologize.
    well we've been off topic to far...

so here's an update about Indonesia plan to procure Leo 2 (the article is in BAHASA,so I'll try to translate it myself)

http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/...untuk-100.html

Indonesia Goverment prepare US$ 280 million to buy 100 Leopard 2A6

[FONT=arial]Jurnas.com ,MOD is currently planing to buy 100 Leopard 2A6 from dutch government for US$ 280 million.the found will be taken from defense budget 2010-2014.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]"in 2012,tim is already working,and we will buy 100 unit" said the Vice Defense minister in jakarta,Sunday (18/12)[/FONT]

Default Austria Army / Bundesheer

Austria Army ( Bundesheer) from the Unit PzBtl 14 at Wels , Austria

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pzbrig1...in/photostream

Snow camo leopards from the finnish army thread.

Time for something fresh!

12-12-12 Guz Altmark, Germany.

German Leopard 2 scanning the horizon during the Combined Dutch/German exercise Rhino Victory 2012.