Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Leopard 2 MBT

this pic is just sexy as hell
    I hope it works..

http://files2.helgon.net/Gallery/{FB6/{FB6EBA68-462E-4CF9-A967-87E53A4D5AD7}.jpg

Like 2 years ago there was accident in polish army when turreat of t-72 turned around and squeezed a head of driver while he was looking off hatch i wonnder if the head of this guy is also put on risk of squeezeng...
    taht would definitely hurt....
    though i bet the germans would of thought of that before hand when htey made that beautiful tank

Leo2A6 > M1A1+ Abrahams. ^_^

haha, he better run

Banned user
    Northern part of the great evil Zayonist entity itself !!

Nice pictures . Very nice pictures . Too bad i haven't noticed it before .

To Marmot -
    Like 2 years ago there was accident in polish army when turreat of t-72 turned around and squeezed a head of driver while he was looking off hatch i wonnder if the head of this guy is also put on risk of squeezeng...
    Do you have some more info about that matter ? I just checking different armies safety regulations .

MolliG

Banned user

Yaiks !! You just blow my computer of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Javehn

To Marmot -
    Do you have some more info about that matter ? I just checking different armies safety regulations .
    AFAIR there was malfunction of some equipment and this tanker was wit the head off the thank when suddenly turrat turned around and decapitated him and tank was not T-72 as I writed before but PT-91 "Twardy" there was some serious investigation about this accident...

Tank was riding during training and one of the track sliiped from small hill and then turreat which is normally blocked little to the left (In PT-91 driver seat is in the center of the tank not to the side as in T-72 so the driver has better field of view and also it is easier to drive a tank thru narrow pasages (bridges etc.) and turreat is little twisted to the left so driver can stick his head out of hatch ,when in combat driver is hiden and turreat is in center position) twisted and smoke gredade tube hit him in the head (normally there is a bolt that prevent turning of tower when hatch is open but this time it failed to work)

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot1
    Quote Originally Posted by Javehn

To Marmot -
    AFAIR there was malfunction of some equipment and this tanker was wit the head off the thank when suddenly turrat turned around and decapitated him and tank was not T-72 as I writed before but PT-91 "Twardy" there was some serious investigation about this accident...

Tank was riding during training and one of the track sliiped from small hill and then turreat which is normally blocked little to the left (In PT-91 driver seat is in the center of the tank not to the side as in T-72 so the driver has better field of view and also it is easier to drive a tank thru narrow pasages (bridges etc.) and turreat is little twisted to the left so driver can stick his head out of hatch ,when in combat driver is hiden and turreat is in center position) twisted and smoke gredade tube hit him in the head (normally there is a bolt that prevent turning of tower when hatch is open but this time it failed to work)
    So you mean that this accident is something new to Poland ? We had several dicaputations just like that one , and then it was desided by Safety commity , that Tank driver would never drive , or sit inside of his cabine with an open hatch .

Well that was the first one and I never heard about simmilar, and this one was caused by mechanical failure....

Deaths (besides car accidents and suicides) are not common in poland from last couiple of years I remember only couple of them 2 pilots died in jet crash (they were ordered to fly in bad weather when they should not fly and CO of them are alredy senteced for that neglegence)
    one tanker died in PT-91 accident (described above) one accident when during routine inspection a misile warhead exploded (during inspection)
    (4 dead -2 of them civilians) one accident when during exercise howitzer firing one soldier was by unknown reason in the impact zone....

Banned user

The last one sounds mean .... I saw once a footage of Polan soldiers cleaning they rifles , while the Magazin inserted inside the weapon . That was so strange , i think that was first safety meassure about the weapons we learned . That was just accident waiting to happend .

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot1
    )
    one accident when during exercise howitzer firing one soldier was by unknown reason in the impact zone....
    i bet ya they didnt find anything left of his body!

Spanish leopard 2E (A6 with spanish modifications)
    L-55
    extra armor
    new thermal cameras (Indra)
    auxiliary power unit
    air conditioning, jejej

total:
    219 leopard 2E + 16 buffels ER
    108 leopard 2A4 (2010 update 2E variant)

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by ecia81mm
    Spanish leopard 2E (A6 with spanish modifications)
    L-55
    extra armor
    new thermal cameras (Indra)
    auxiliary power unit
    air conditioning, jejej

total:
    219 leopard 2E + 16 buffels ER
    108 leopard 2A4 (2010 update 2E variant)
    Heard about that one . Spanish Leo2E is essentually Leo2A6ex , and they also have L55 Rheinmettal as a main gun . Very good peace of tank .