Thread: Hellenic Armed Forces Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Greek soldier View Post
    It's far more practical when in p-ro-ne position, plus if it runs out of battery you don't need to remove it since you can automatically use the rear sight for aiming. Not to mention that with this mount it's easier to zero the EOTech.
    If the EOTech is placed on top of the carry handle you''l have to remove it in order to use the rear and front sights.
    I don't think so it's easier to zeroing the red dot. It is just the same, the procedure is the same for any position of the red dot.
    The bad of putting the red dot above the hand guard is the distribution of the weight, especially with Eotech which is heavy.

If you are using the correct mount for the carry handle you are not obliged to remove the aiming devise to use the rear and front sights. There is a narrow channel in the mount from which you can aim with iron sights. It is more difficult as the channel is very narrow and it is like you are aiming through a very small hole.

As far as I can tell, with the above setup (forward carry handle mount) you can use the iron sights to zero the aiming device, since iron sights are already zeroed.

As for the carry handle mount, you're correct, you have limited field of view when using iron sights.

Yes you can use the sights to zero the EOtech, I was just wondering why that was the only setup Hellenic SF used with EOtech (I believe I might have seen Police SF using EOtech on the carrying handle but I could be wrong).

Hellenic Navy's DYK members do use the carry handle mount too

Same goes for the HAF's 31 CSAR Unit. Observe how much higher the Aimpoint is (2nd operator).

[*******#000000][FONT=Tahoma]The Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Admiral James Stavridis, accompanied by Chief of the Hellenic National Defence General Staff, General Mikhail Kostarakos, and Chief of the Hellenic Navy General Staff, Vice Admiral Kosmas Christidis HN, visited Naval Museum "BS AVEROF" on February 21st , 2012.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hellenic Army AH64 DHA LONGBOW firing

Last edited by Savio; 02-24-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Hellenic Navy

Hellenic Army National Guard modified H&K G3A4 firing a few shoots in a small target 20X30cm at around 80 meters away. Watch the powerful 7.62X51mm ammunition crashing solid limestone rocks in front of the target stand.

Hellenic AirForce

Hellenic AirForce F16

[*******#000000][FONT=Verdana]Hellenic Army Academy ( Evelpidon) - [/FONT][/COLOR]From 13 Feb to 23 Feb 12 the Cadets’ winter military training took place including:I-II-IV classes of Cadets: Winter training at the area of Imitos mountain on individual military training and rifle shooting. III class of cadets: Training on amphibious operations at the Naval Base of Salamina, airmobile operations at the Military Airport of Pahi, special forces operations and rifle shooting at the Military Camp of Nea Peramos Attikis.

Last edited by Savio; 02-26-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Hellenic Army Medical Corps at Afghanistan