Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070727374757677787980818283848586878890 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1413

Thread: Multicam photos *56k beware*

Our team won "best squad" at the Op:Omega II Zombie Shoot a couple of weeks ago. Had a really great time.

I decided to try out my Tactical Tailor MAV, and discovered I liked it after all.

Here are some boring pictures of me and my friend at the game today. I decided to just load up my backpack with supplies and sport the G3. Kind of a sniper kit going there, had some camo netting with me in the backpack. Sometimes wearing a big plate carrier or even a tac vest can restrict movement when you need to move fast, I plan on using just the backpack in the future depending on the situation.

It isn't fancy, but I moved and shot a hell of a lot faster than anyone else on my team. Took point on 3 occasions and completed the objective. Got stuck with some guys I didn't know and I had to whip em into shape to get them to move correctly, none of them wanted to take the initiative. On several occasions I found that only me, and my adjacent team member (only other victor co. team mate that attended) were the only ones moving up, meanwhile the rest of the group watched us... baiting. uhg.

Oh right, forgot to add none of them wanted to go through the swamp. As you can see, me and my buddy didn't care. As a result, we took an objective all on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_MAA View Post

Our team won "best squad" at the Op:Omega II Zombie Shoot a couple of weeks ago. Had a really great time.

I decided to try out my Tactical Tailor MAV, and discovered I liked it after all.
    Cool. Nice and uncomplicated.

How is the MAV? I've been thinking about getting one to replace my RACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2004 View Post
    Cool. Nice and uncomplicated.

How is the MAV? I've been thinking about getting one to replace my RACK.
    Thanks for the compliment.

If you like the RACK, I think you would like the MAV. My only complaint was that everything is moved forward and up from where I'm used to having it (I grew up a lightfighter so I'm used to having everything just below my hips on the sides). If you are used to RACK/plate carrier setups, the MAV puts everything in relatively the same place, but is open and breathable.

As a simple grab-and-go rifle rig, it works great. I would prefer it to have more real estate; I'm thinking about combining it with a 1st-line style belt or possibly adding some Maxpedition Fugly panels to the back to fill in the gaps.

Per request a pic of my rifle.

DPMS Lower
    Tango Down pistol grip
    Magpul CTR stock
    GG&G sling attachment
    LMT Upper w/M4 feedramps
    DPMS bolt carrier group
    DPMS chrome-lined barrel with Spike's Tactical fake suppressor
    Magpul MOE handguard
    Fobus foregrip and rail
    Badger tac-latch
    Rock River Scout Rail w/ Tasco red dot scope

Long term plans include better optics (leaning towards the CMore) and a better foregrip/rail combo.

I also have a second DPMS under construction. I'm working on the ATF paperwork to build it with an 11.5" barrel.

Nice blaster. I'm really diggin that Scout Rail. How's that Tasco? Does it hold zero well? I've been looking at putting together a setup like that one.

BTW, Thanks for the info on the MAV. I might just pick one up. That or one of those Mini-MAVs.

norkalkilla

this is what I think of when I read mp.net

On a C-130 with 75lbs of equipment between my legs

Quote Originally Posted by norkalkilla View Post
    this is what I think of when I read mp.net
    You think of me? That's kinda creepy...

norkalkilla

if thats you playing dress up in your $1000 costume lying on top of a rock wall while your friend takes a picture.. then yes I guess i think of you

Alpha's the Real deal, however he also likes to play dress up, and he's a self admitted gearhead.

On a C-130 with 75lbs of equipment between my legs

Quote Originally Posted by norkalkilla View Post
    if thats you playing dress up in your $1000 costume lying on top of a rock wall while your friend takes a picture.. then yes I guess i think of you
    Nah, that kit didn't cost a thousand bucks.... the one I have now does, but not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Nah, that kit didn't cost a thousand bucks.... the one I have now does, but not that one.
    heh so quick to judge, huh? <3 the paint job on the SCAR though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2004 View Post
    Nice blaster. I'm really diggin that Scout Rail. How's that Tasco? Does it hold zero well? I've been looking at putting together a setup like that one.

BTW, Thanks for the info on the MAV. I might just pick one up. That or one of those Mini-MAVs.
    I just threw that on for the shoot, and it worked great. I'd had it on my 10/22 previously. A buddy of mine had one scout-mounted on a Nagant, and I figured if it can handle a Nagant, it could handle an AR15. I put about 500 rounds thru it and it's still holding zero.

I'm planning on replacing it with a CMore.

My other AR15 is almost done. I'm building an 11.5" with a fixed carrying handle. I filled out the SBR paperwork, and I'm trying to free up the tax money. I'm interested to see what arrives first; the SBR stamp or the parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickchios View Post
    I don't speak greek, but does it say "wannabe" on the tag?