Page 1 of 274 1234567891151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives, bayonets, multi tools, daggers and other pointy implements.

BANNED FOR LIFE FROM MP.NET for being a total dork.

Default Knives, bayonets, multi tools, daggers and other pointy implements.

I see a lot of high-tech gear posted here on the boards, but what about low-tech?
    What kind of "combat" knives do you own/want to own, and why?

My personal "dream" knife is a handmade custom Emerson CQC6 folder with the linen micarta handle, not the plain factory-made Emersons and definitely not the "licensed" Benchmade version.

I think the reason I want this is because I'd read so much about it years ago when it first came out, in Richard Marcinko's Red Cell books, knife magazine articles, etc. It just seemed to me to be the epitome of "cool"... Of course, with a pricetag of well over $1000, I think this thing will have to wait until I either win the lottery or lose my mind completely. But here's hoping I find one in the street someday!

Funny thing about them fancy knives is that most of them are well above the price limit of anyone that might be needing them for real use not just as collectibles.

Im sticking to Fallkniven F1 (I'm thinkig about A1 too) and SwissTool combo, that suits me. Rugged, simple and low-profile. Marketing and image of certain knives (otherwise very fine from mechanical/technological point of view) eg.> Striders simply scares me off.

Smith & Wesson S.W.A.T. in all black and a recently purchased Gerber Applegate Farbairn Micra folder, among others. I have one of those two in my pocket at all times.

I don't have a dream knife. I generally stick in the midrange though. I don't buy trash, but I don't want a museum peice; I want something I can use.

either a kukri, golok, bolo, or machete.

none of those shiny little doodads that make grown Rangers cry when they break.

besides, every unit has shiny kit syndrome, and better lose a sturdy $12 knife than a sexy overblown $40 razor blade.

my everyday sticker is

CRKT m16-4ZSF

use it pretty much every day in my work as a Forest Ranger... sturdy, well built, easy to carry, open, and close, with that slick lock to keep it open.... all for $40. Had a Benchmade Griptilian but lost it... was my first knife over 40 bucks, and it disappered after 6 months... i've never had a $40 knife less that 2 years.

I also have an OD Glock Field knife for camping, hiking, and looking cool on my airsoft loadout....

I also have a CRKT M16. They are great!

My current carry is a Spyderco Military.

Cork,Ireland "Contains scenes of explicit violence and gore."

I was think of getting a Cold steel Recon tanto. Anyone have any info on it, is it any good ?Any advice on similar size/style knives that may be better?

I'm paranoid about folders ,I'm always afraid I'd get my fingers cut off..

Just for casual uniform wear when not on exercises or anything i carry a Gerber folder of undetermined make. has a 3 1/2 in blade in a black rubber handle. Straight blade with clipped point, no serrations. had for about 7 years now and it takes a whet stone like you wouldnt believe. easy to sharpen easy to clean. need a new hip holster for it though, the leather one has kinda frayed and rotted away

Banned user

CRKT Crawford PointGuard, CRKT Stiff KISS, CRKT M16, SOG SEAL Pup, Strider-Buck folder, Randall Mod. 14 Attack, Cold Steel Recon Tanto, VN era contract Camillus, Ontario RAT 7.

good old fashion Ka-Bar knife here.

nije doslo vreme da se gine nego da se vidi ko je kakav

I once got knife like this from Spanish soldier I lost it but it is my favorite of all times.
    http://www.aitor.com/
    go to products then military then ej eso negro.The model looked same but the color was olive green.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCross1985
    good old fashion Ka-Bar knife here.
    x2... Ka-Bars rule

Quote Originally Posted by Spike_Kojima
    I was think of getting a Cold steel Recon tanto. Anyone have any info on it, is it any good ?Any advice on similar size/style knives that may be better?

I'm paranoid about folders ,I'm always afraid I'd get my fingers cut off..
    Just don't stab/punch anything with the blade and you wont have to worry. Word of wisdom, the tanto profile blade seems to have less practical uses than a regular half moon spear (that's what I call it, whatever it is) point. And many say that it's a go all or go none deal when it comes to serrations. I like them two ways- half and half, and full serrations. I don't think that half and half makes using either the fine edge or the serrated edge unusable. I really can't fathom having a total straight edge blade, serrations in my book are a must.

Banned user

I personally agree about the tanto profile blade. It is an excellent fighting knife in terms of tip strength and puncture capability, but is not the greatest all around utility knife. While I love the build of my Recon Tanto, I rarely use it.

I third the Kabar. Of all the knives in the picture I posted, it probably gets the most time in the field and certainly the most use. Save of course the CRKT M16, which I carry daily and seem to use daily for something or another.

here's a couple of my knives