Page 18 of 280 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives, bayonets, multi tools, daggers and other pointy implements.

Wow even with the coating you guys managed to get rust on it? I've used my m16 to slice up a pineapple before and it was all nasty and sticky, first thing I did when I got back home that night was to take it apart, clean it with water, and cleaned it with tuffcloth, knife is still in good condition. As for the whole made in Taiwan bit.. Both Spyderco and Benchmade have models made overseas. The main question is whether they are made to the proper specs overseas and is quality control doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by XxDrAg0nxX
    Isnt the CKRT the Taiwanese made knife that is famous for rusting?

The metals commonly used have high carbon content, hard but needs to be regularly maintained.
    I've got the CRKT M16-10K (Compact EDC). It's all black with a black coated tanto blade. Mine too is marked Taiwan.

However, I couldn't disagree more with the rusting statement. I lost mine last November (2005). Well I found it last weekend sitting in the street right under my mail box. We've had a lot of snow and thaws since then and our roads have been heavily salted. When I found the knife, it operated just fine and still had a great edge on it, but the exterior was a little beat up and there was a little surface rust on the blade. I just wiped the rust off with my hand, gave it a shot of lube, and it's as good as new (just looks a little beat up).

IMO, that's a pretty good knife. It's not the best by any means, but I'm very happy with mine. My biggest gripe about it is the belt / pocket clip. It's held on by the tiniest torques head screws that you've ever seen. I can't even find the right torques bit to fit it. So, I'm force to tighten it every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by a deadly fart
    Wow even with the coating you guys managed to get rust on it? I've used my m16 to slice up a pineapple before and it was all nasty and sticky, first thing I did when I got back home that night was to take it apart, clean it with water, and cleaned it with tuffcloth, knife is still in good condition. As for the whole made in Taiwan bit.. Both Spyderco and Benchmade have models made overseas. The main question is whether they are made to the proper specs overseas and is quality control doing their job.
    Most Spyderco's are Japanese. Seki makes fantastic blades. I enjoy the quality of Japanese steel and knives. Therefore, I find no fault with Spyderco having Japanese knives!

I've never seen a QC (Quality Control) problem with a Spyderco. The only problems are form the clips on earlier FRN (Fiber-Reinforced Nylon) models (plastic scales/grips/handles) breaking off.

Default Military Standard Issue Knives (Pics)

Any Military Standard Issue Knives Pics to share?

I will post my country's so called Jack knife soon... when i figure out this file transfer thinggy...you guys will laugh your asses off...

AUSTRIA

Mantis: That sheath can turn into a saw?

Ok... my god my country really needs to get us proper knives...

Quote Originally Posted by XxDrAg0nxX
    Mantis: That sheath can turn into a saw?

Ok... my god my country really needs to get us proper knives...
    its the standard bayonet the sheath turns into a saw,combined with the bayonet it turns into a set of wire cutters and it has abottle opener on it..........god knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sten3
    AUSTRIA
    I have one of those Glock knives..nice blade,,mine es OD thought..

My current and all time favoret blade is the Kbar Marine Corps version (modern, no leather on it)

My personal favorite USGI knife: US Navy Mk3 Mod 0

I feel it has just the right length blade. Not so long that it's a damn oar strapped to yuor leg, and long enough to be more effectively used to chop through thick brancehs to make a shelter. I used it as an ice axe on a recent mountain climb, and it's long enough to anchor my ass to the ice.

I'd prefer one with a slightly harder steel though... nah it's good. Can't stand the sheath though, it's like a friggin' *****.

Finnish JP Peltonen Sissipuukko (Ranger knife)

Rather tool than combat knife

Knife with plastic sheath (leather one also available)

Sheath can be strapped to belt or LBV

Blade is made of non-serrated carbonsteel with teflon coating. Easy to sharpen and can be used in chopping woods and so on

Hard rubber handle with good grip.

Roll-lock mechanism prevents knife to fall down when carrying it upside down.

Very simple design, but very handy and robust. I would say that only Glock knifes can challenge this one, when talking about true field knives
    Last edited by Juusto; 02-22-2006 at 07:11 PM.

This is my Marine Raider knife (short sword)..I use it for larger building projects like this field made meat smoking box we built in December...Its made by Spec-Plus..great knife..I keep it lashed to my Ruck...

Thats a nice Seal knife you have there Mr.Skorosky

Juusto..I like that knife as well.......
    Last edited by East Scout II; 05-15-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Juusto: I'd take one! Looks nice.

Brandenburger: Thanks. It's made by Ontario, who also makes your Spec Plus knives!

Ranger knife seems to have a new coating which looks like a teflon pan's surface to me. My own one is the original version from 90s and it still works.

Has been a very handy field knife.

This is the knife i was talking about earlier...

Yes, please feel free to laugh...
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval