Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 322

Thread: Pictures of SWAT team from you Country

  1. #16
    WarInc bossman RomanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,275

    Default

    Actually US SWAT is very good my friend.

    Last time i checked SWAT teams were part of cops

  2. #17

    Default

    Depends on the situation, I guess. State, county and city SWAT teams in US are constantly being used (at least in major cities) and are often at the mercy of the media to second guess every move they make, so they are extremely efficient. I have no idea what you see on swedish tv, but our local SWAT guys kick ass. They have a huge amount of experience with situations involving CQB. I would imagine that most US city SWAT teams have more actual CQB experience than any of the national teams in other nations, simply based on the amount/type of crime in the US and the proliferation of guns. On top of which, I would argue that recruiting SWAT teams from the ranks of regular cops is the IDEAL way to go, as most American cops are very experienced at resolving conflicts with aggresive people with guns on a personal and compasionate level and not detached, special purpose units that have only been trained in a more or less one dimentional way to resolve specific situations.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    For fakk sake man, stop being such an embarrassment to your country and get your act together.

    1.) Ordinary cops can use MP5īs and so forth as well.


    Possibly a ordinary cop just standing guard (could be Piketen).

    2.) There is not only one swedish SWAT. Each district has its own, (Piketen from the french word "piquet") that are bad ass cops doing ordinary patrols and so forth, but also have as their main objectives to arrest dangerous (armed) persons, riot control, escort of important documents (money) and persons and so forth. Doing that more ordinary stuff they usually patrol in a squad.





    3.) NI = Nationella Insatsstyrkan is a small nationwide unit that is a fulltime anti-terrorist force.


    NI and local mafia.

    4.) The reserve police (Beredskapspolisen), that should not be confused
    with SWAT despite their fancy equipment.



    5.) With the huge crime rate in US and the numbers of murders and other crimes the US SWAT teams are probably the most experienced in the world.

  4. #19
    Senior Member Dominique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    Team capabilities vary from agency to agency. FBI SWAT teams are not like the military. Many of them are used infrequently. The teams the get a lot of deployments are the FBI's nine "enhanced" SWAT teams. They get more money, better gear, and more trianing.

    The FBI HRT is differnet story. It's what's refered to as a "Tier 1" unit. They train with Delta, DEVGRU, 22 SAS, GIGN, etc.

    As for local and state teams LAPD SWAT is still the one to rate yourself against. Some other really good teams include LASD SED, Miami-Dade SRT, DC Metro ERT, Houston PD SWAT, and Dallas PD SWAT.

    Some of the better Federal teams are BORTAC, USMS SOG, some of the DOE teams and the NASA team from the Kenendy Space center.

  5. #20
    Spanish Marine Corps Property MARINO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Reino de Espaņa(Spanish Kingdom), Madrid & ENM
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,108

    Default a

    GEO: Grupo Especial de Intervencion.












    Enjoy them

  6. #21
    Senior Member Parzival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sweden/Iraq
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mustamato
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    For fakk sake man, stop being such an embarrassment to your country and get your act together.

    1.) Ordinary cops can use MP5īs and so forth as well.


    Possibly a ordinary cop just standing guard (could be Piketen).

    2.) There is not only one swedish SWAT. Each district has its own, (Piketen from the french word "piquet") that are bad ass cops doing ordinary patrols and so forth, but also have as their main objectives to arrest dangerous (armed) persons, riot control, escort of important documents (money) and persons and so forth. Doing that more ordinary stuff they usually patrol in a squad.





    3.) NI = Nationella Insatsstyrkan is a small nationwide unit that is a fulltime anti-terrorist force.


    NI and local mafia.

    4.) The reserve police (Beredskapspolisen), that should not be confused
    with SWAT despite their fancy equipment.

    5.) With the huge crime rate in US and the numbers of murders and other crimes the US SWAT teams are probably the most experienced in the world.
    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.

    2) the ONI (Nationella insatsstyrkan) are our federal SWAT team. ONI are more like the FBI Swat team.

    P.S I Saw the program about the U.S Swat on both american and swedish channels.

  7. #22
    Banned user/ Numpty
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10,547

    Default

    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.
    You are not serious? Are guns legal in Sweden?

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.
    You are not serious? Are guns legal in Sweden?
    No heīs not. Heīs just a kid.

    But yeah guns are legal in Sweden, but I donīt think the criminals care if it is or not, they get their Uziīs and Kalashnikovs anyway. It happens sometimes that a tourist bus from the Balkans is stopped and searched and that they find stuff like that. But most busses are not stopped so who knows how many illegal weapons there are in Sweden, Iīve heard an estimate of 10.000. And there is more than one million legal ones atleast, but these are usually not used in crimes, but itīs those illegal ones.

  9. #24
    Senior Member redhawk_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by mustamato
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    For fakk sake man, stop being such an embarrassment to your country and get your act together.

    1.) Ordinary cops can use MP5īs and so forth as well.


    Possibly a ordinary cop just standing guard (could be Piketen).

    2.) There is not only one swedish SWAT. Each district has its own, (Piketen from the french word "piquet") that are bad ass cops doing ordinary patrols and so forth, but also have as their main objectives to arrest dangerous (armed) persons, riot control, escort of important documents (money) and persons and so forth. Doing that more ordinary stuff they usually patrol in a squad.





    3.) NI = Nationella Insatsstyrkan is a small nationwide unit that is a fulltime anti-terrorist force.


    NI and local mafia.

    4.) The reserve police (Beredskapspolisen), that should not be confused
    with SWAT despite their fancy equipment.

    5.) With the huge crime rate in US and the numbers of murders and other crimes the US SWAT teams are probably the most experienced in the world.
    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.

    2) the ONI (Nationella insatsstyrkan) are our federal SWAT team. ONI are more like the FBI Swat team.

    P.S I Saw the program about the U.S Swat on both american and swedish channels.
    For crying out loud...

    Sweden DOES NOT have the same crime rate as the US! Take it from me, you know very little on law enforcment. I studied criminology for 2 years, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the US has a higher crime rate than Sweden, and that US SWAT teams are NOT sub-standard compared to European SWAT teams, their role and orginziation is just a little diffrent.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Parzival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sweden/Iraq
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk_six
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by mustamato
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    For fakk sake man, stop being such an embarrassment to your country and get your act together.

    1.) Ordinary cops can use MP5īs and so forth as well.


    Possibly a ordinary cop just standing guard (could be Piketen).

    2.) There is not only one swedish SWAT. Each district has its own, (Piketen from the french word "piquet") that are bad ass cops doing ordinary patrols and so forth, but also have as their main objectives to arrest dangerous (armed) persons, riot control, escort of important documents (money) and persons and so forth. Doing that more ordinary stuff they usually patrol in a squad.





    3.) NI = Nationella Insatsstyrkan is a small nationwide unit that is a fulltime anti-terrorist force.


    NI and local mafia.

    4.) The reserve police (Beredskapspolisen), that should not be confused
    with SWAT despite their fancy equipment.

    5.) With the huge crime rate in US and the numbers of murders and other crimes the US SWAT teams are probably the most experienced in the world.
    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.

    2) the ONI (Nationella insatsstyrkan) are our federal SWAT team. ONI are more like the FBI Swat team.

    P.S I Saw the program about the U.S Swat on both american and swedish channels.
    For crying out loud...

    Sweden DOES NOT have the same crime rate as the US! Take it from me, you know very little on law enforcment. I studied criminology for 2 years, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the US has a higher crime rate than Sweden, and that US SWAT teams are NOT sub-standard compared to European SWAT teams, their role and orginziation is just a little diffrent.
    Well, No, but almost. Of caurse I am not an expert but check this:
    Sweden has over 200 murders at year. The New York with 5 million more inhabitans has 400 murder at year.
    This might be wrong, as i said I am not an expert.

    And musmato, Whata F**** is wrong with you?
    Can you pleas stop complain over peapole with a diffrent opinion.

  11. #26
    Senior Member memphiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alcholous Anomonics
    Age
    17
    Posts
    9,297

    Default

    Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Emergency Response Team(ERT)
    they are based all over Canada















    Ottawa Canada
    Possibly JTF-2 in the green vests





    Toronto's ETF(Emergency Task Force)


    Edmonton (EPS)SWAT



  12. #27
    Senior Member redhawk_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk_six
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by mustamato
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mehoff
    We have a bunch of SWAT team here in the U.S. I think Los Angeles and Chicago SWAT teams are pretty bad ass considering the kind of work environment they are in.
    Well, I am not an expert and I have see a lot of tv program and websites about the U.S State SWAT and I am not impressed. The US state SWAT are still cops. The FBI Swat are diffrent. They a really elite team and know there job well. The swedish SWAT, FBI Swat e.t.c are more like military units. That's the diffrent between US City/state SWAT and FBI swat and the swedish swat.
    For fakk sake man, stop being such an embarrassment to your country and get your act together.

    1.) Ordinary cops can use MP5īs and so forth as well.


    Possibly a ordinary cop just standing guard (could be Piketen).

    2.) There is not only one swedish SWAT. Each district has its own, (Piketen from the french word "piquet") that are bad ass cops doing ordinary patrols and so forth, but also have as their main objectives to arrest dangerous (armed) persons, riot control, escort of important documents (money) and persons and so forth. Doing that more ordinary stuff they usually patrol in a squad.





    3.) NI = Nationella Insatsstyrkan is a small nationwide unit that is a fulltime anti-terrorist force.


    NI and local mafia.

    4.) The reserve police (Beredskapspolisen), that should not be confused
    with SWAT despite their fancy equipment.

    5.) With the huge crime rate in US and the numbers of murders and other crimes the US SWAT teams are probably the most experienced in the world.
    Eh No. Sweden has almost the same crimerate as the U.S.
    1) The U.S City/state Swat is like our local SWAT called Piketen.

    2) the ONI (Nationella insatsstyrkan) are our federal SWAT team. ONI are more like the FBI Swat team.

    P.S I Saw the program about the U.S Swat on both american and swedish channels.
    For crying out loud...

    Sweden DOES NOT have the same crime rate as the US! Take it from me, you know very little on law enforcment. I studied criminology for 2 years, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the US has a higher crime rate than Sweden, and that US SWAT teams are NOT sub-standard compared to European SWAT teams, their role and orginziation is just a little diffrent.
    Well, No, but almost. Of caurse I am not an expert but check this:
    Sweden has over 200 murders at year. The New York with 5 million more inhabitans has 400 murder at year.
    This might be wrong, as i said I am not an expert.

    And musmato, Whata F**** is wrong with you?
    Can you pleas stop complain over peapole with a diffrent opinion.
    If it was a matter of opinion, that would be one thing, but you are trying to pass off false info as pure, true, fact.

    NY, is just one city in an entire nation, there are 400 murders a year in NY, yes, but there are thousands a year in the US overall. So yes, the crime rate of NEW YORK is only a little higher than Sweden, but the crime rate of the US is much, much higher.

    @memphiz: Guys in the green, don't think they're JTF, JTF uses custom made black vests if you look at their site. Maybe OPP, or RCMP? Or parliment security team? (which would be RCMP come to think of it.....)

  13. #28
    Member pretorian669's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    761

    Default

    UNIT YOAV






    UNIT YAMAM












  14. #29
    Member pretorian669's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    761

    Default










  15. #30
    Member pretorian669's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    761

    Default







    [/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •