Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

Nice photos. How come the IDF does not expand their naval forces? With weapon systems like Barak-8 AAD Gebrial AshM, I'd expected Isreal to be a maritime force. They should create an DDG or atleast an frigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimon View Post
    Xnir and Sirpad,amazing pics..thanks for sharing
    x2

stunning photos,.. thx

Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    If by "pilots" you mean navigators/weapon officers, so yes. But I'm not entirely sure there are female actual combat pilots.
    If I'm not mistaken there was a female combat pilot or even two, on combat helicopters maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Type 055 View Post
    Nice photos. How come the IDF does not expand their naval forces? With weapon systems like Barak-8 AAD Gebrial AshM, I'd expected Isreal to be a maritime force. They should create an DDG or atleast an frigate.
    The IN has no force projection for mission. During decades, it had for role to protect the shores and the waterways that lead to Israel. In this mission, it can be assisted by the IAF.
    In the last decade, the its underwater component was mostly strengthened. It has 4 Dolphin subs and 2 more in construction in Germany.
    The Saar 5 are lighter than a frigate, but they are heavily armed and have a significant firepower. In the last years, the navy wanted to acquire 2-4 frigates but had no sufficient budget. There were reports that a deal is negotiated for the construction of 4 frigates by South Korea; they will be equipped with Israeli weapons and systems.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo54 View Post
    Does that mean that there are female combat pilots in the IAF? Thanks in advance
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roni_Zuckerman

There are a few females who have active flying roles in the IAF, but don't expect anymore information than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there was a female combat pilot or even two, on combat helicopters maybe?

The IN has no force projection for mission. During decades, it had for role to protect the shores and the waterways that lead to Israel. In this mission, it can be assisted by the IAF.
    In the last decade, the its underwater component was mostly strengthened. It has 4 Dolphin subs and 2 more in construction in Germany.
    The Saar 5 are lighter than a frigate, but they are heavily armed and have a significant firepower. In the last years, the navy wanted to acquire 2-4 frigates but had no sufficient budget. There were reports that a deal is negotiated for the construction of 4 frigates by South Korea; they will be equipped with Israeli weapons and systems.
    Heard from a sailor friend navy is getting new toys.He couldn't tell me what\when but he told me that we will hear bout it in the upcoming weeks..
    The navy got now a new mission ; protecting the tamer gas rig.

Shana Tova for all of you, God bless our people ... God Bless Tsahal ... God Bless Israel

Eilat, Lahav and Hanit

Quote Originally Posted by Rimon View Post
    Heard from a sailor friend navy is getting new toys.He couldn't tell me what\when but he told me that we will hear bout it in the upcoming weeks..
    The navy got now a new mission ; protecting the tamer gas rig.
    Is the Israeli Navy looking to expand it's "Blue Water'' capability?

Question for our Israeli friends.

Is the Israeli Navy more of a "Green Water" force? Or combination of both Green and Blue water capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Reichswehr View Post
    Is the Israeli Navy looking to expand it's "Blue Water'' capability?

Question for our Israeli friends.

Is the Israeli Navy more of a "Green Water" force? Or combination of both Green and Blue water capabilities?
    The new boats will probably be more blue as their mission is to protected the Gas Rigs recently completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichswehr View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-water_navy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green-water_navy

I would say green-water for sure.

Most navies around the world are green-water. The only pure blue-water navy is the US Navy; highly doubtful that the UK or France could sustain meaningful blue-water ops with their current financial issues.

Happy new years everyone and thank you to everyone that contributes to this post, I have really enjoyed reading through them. I wanted to ask if anyone has seen or knows if someone who wears glasses can serve in any of the sayerot, not just matkal or s13 but the other units such as tzanchanim palser? I have looked and looked for photos but never been able to get any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Prideandhonor View Post
    Happy new years everyone and thank you to everyone that contributes to this post, I have really enjoyed reading through them. I wanted to ask if anyone has seen or knows if someone who wears glasses can serve in any of the sayerot, not just matkal or s13 but the other units such as tzanchanim palser? I have looked and looked for photos but never been able to get any info.
    Depends on the prescription and eye issues. If it's just minor eye problems then you can serve. If you have other eye issues, it's a problem. I believe I was told that -3.00 was the cutoff.

I hope you're not considering joining palsar tzanchanim. Just the thought of all of that tzahov makes me ill over the internet.

I just might be haha, I wear glasses but not a very strong prescription so I guess we shall have to see what my health profile ends up being. I am very interested in Tzanchanim and just recently started looking more into their sayerot.

Quote Originally Posted by amerikie View Post
    Depends on the prescription and eye issues. If it's just minor eye problems then you can serve. If you have other eye issues, it's a problem. I believe I was told that -3.00 was the cutoff.

I hope you're not considering joining palsar tzanchanim. Just the thought of all of that tzahov makes me ill over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prideandhonor View Post
    I just might be haha, I wear glasses but not a very strong prescription so I guess we shall have to see what my health profile ends up being. I am very interested in Tzanchanim and just recently started looking more into their sayerot.
    Well, if serving alongside of tzihubim malshanim who have no problem stabbing a fellow unit member in the back is your speed, go for it. Personally, I enjoyed actually being able to avoid the majority of tochnim tziyrut, but hey, some people enjoy mitbach/shin-gimmel for the first two and a half years of the army.

I just checked through some pictures of sayeret tzanchanim and there are a few glasses in the pictures. I can't tell you what their eye problems are, but they most certainly have glasses on their face.

I definitely do not like the sound of back stabbing. I just want to serve in a more elite unite alongside others wanting to work as hard as myself to protect the people of Israel. I've always dreamt of Tzanchanim and now am seriously thinking of trying to really strive to make it into one of the sayerot