Page 1146 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 146646104610961136113811391140114111421143114411451146
Results 17,176 to 17,186 of 17186

Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by vajt39 View Post
    Would be nice if they go with the Fibrotex two-sided camo...even the green and desert patterns they showed would look nice.

-----JT-----
    I agree, to go to the expense of a new uniform and not adopt a modern camouflage is nuts. The Fibrotex system looks the better option. In addition, there appears to be several inherent faults in the cut and design of the projected new uniform.

The members of Shayetet 13 who raided the KLOS C were wearing this uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...n_Gaza_001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    I agree, to go to the expense of a new uniform and not adopt a modern camouflage is nuts. The Fibrotex system looks the better option. In addition, there appears to be several inherent faults in the cut and design of the projected new uniform.
    A new camo pattern would also help in identify friend or foe and make it much harder for Hamas and Co. to dress up as IDF soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaldemb View Post
    The members of Shayetet 13 who raided the KLOS C were wearing this uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...n_Gaza_001.jpg
    Good spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldraken View Post
    A new camo pattern would also help in identify friend or foe and make it much harder for Hamas and Co. to dress up as IDF soldiers.
    Temporarily, at best.

Is it the same uniform ?

Is the same.
    Also the pictures are taken in the Shayetet's base.

Looks like there are pockets on the side as well as the small ones in front. What the hell were they thinking when they made all that black velcro everywhere? I despise the colour too. They all looks like power cable repair men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahal50 View Post
    Looks like there are pockets on the side as well as the small ones in front. What the hell were they thinking when they made all that black velcro everywhere? I despise the colour too. They all looks like power cable repair men.
    I agree completely. There has to be someone, somewhere in the upper echelons of the IDF who understands uniform design and the concept of camouflage. It's almost like they are deliberately making a total, expensive mess of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    I agree completely. There has to be someone, somewhere in the upper echelons of the IDF who understands uniform design and the concept of camouflage. It's almost like they are deliberately making a total, expensive mess of it.
    Yes, and I dont think its even a money issue.
    Its just like you said, that not very smart people sitting in this departments of the army and are not familiar with all the new equipment and gear that is around for the last 4-6 years.
    For example, look at the helmet.
    It seems very uncomfortable and if you pay attention to pictures of soldiers, they not wearing it properly, because its to large ( ther is only one size btw, which is Large)

So what are the chances of Nov 14 getting this??