Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

  1. #11776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    What kind of ***** ass gibbush lets them use elbow pads?

  2. #11777
    Member VossMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    107

    Default



    I know some people do not like this look for the Israeli special forces but for some reason it seems to me that this more scraper look is almost more intimidating than the special forces look of other nations. I say go with what works and has obviously been used excessively in Israel's war on terror.

  3. #11778
    Senior Member IDF_TANKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The world's 6th most dangerous country.
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

    Selection to the Artillery Corps Moran unit...
    Pussies, during my time they would take you into frigging thorn bushes to crawl, no knee or any other pads. And I got to enjoy the drill during my new immigrants preparation course, let alone selections.
    Last edited by IDF_TANKER; 12-06-2011 at 04:02 PM.

  4. #11779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VossMan View Post


    I know some people do not like this look for the Israeli special forces but for some reason it seems to me that this more scraper look is almost more intimidating than the special forces look of other nations. I say go with what works and has obviously been used excessively in Israel's war on terror.
    If you need to look intimidating, you're doing it wrong.

  5. #11780
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russian empire
    Posts
    388

    Default

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/195un6.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #11781
    Member Marsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Blighty
    Age
    59
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by excess3 View Post
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/195un6.jpg[/IMG]
    Look, that reporter from Army radio is just left of the mound ...

    See

    http://www.haaretz.com/news/national...aired-1.399939

  7. #11782
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russian empire
    Posts
    388

    Default

    cmon we all joke about women, they just can't get out of kitchen aren't they?

  8. #11783

    Default



    Elbit Systems will deliver Lightweight Weapons Stations (LWS) under two contracts worth US$21 million, from the Israel Ministry of Defense (IMOD) and to a European Army. Today the company reported an award of a contract valued at approximately $11 million by the Israel Ministry of Defense, for development and initial procurement, as part of an upgrade process of the Israel Defense Forcesí (IDF) lightweight weapons arsenal. These LWS will be delivered over a period of 18-month.
    http://defense-update.com/20111207_elbit_lws.html
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  9. #11784
    Senior Member kahn267's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    The guy on the right is still in maslul .... sayerot dont have those vests after maslul

  10. #11785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahn267 View Post
    The guy on the right is still in maslul .... sayerot dont have those vests after maslul

    what kind of vests do they wear after maslul?

  11. #11786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amerikie View Post
    If you need to look intimidating, you're doing it wrong.

    Israel know that special forces is not about looks. If they do their job right, they won't be seen at all.

  12. #11787

    Default

    I have a question about Israeli stretcher training. Why do the IDF always march with stretchers on their shoulders? Does any other country do this? I've never seen a picture of soldiers from anywhere else in the world training this way.

  13. #11788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joash View Post
    I have a question about Israeli stretcher training. Why do the IDF always march with stretchers on their shoulders? Does any other country do this? I've never seen a picture of soldiers from anywhere else in the world training this way.

    Now you do..

    It is part of the endurance training for infantry troopers.



  14. #11789
    "Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"
    Age
    37
    Posts
    22,757

    Default

    If you're going to carry a stretcher any distance, up on the shoulders with a cross bar is the way to go, your arms and grip strength won't last the distance having a stretcher held at waist height.





  15. #11790

    Default

    interesting re. the cross bar. what do they use for the crossbar? never seen that before.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •