Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

  1. #12541
    Tel Aviv Stud tanks_alot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    Right, and where did the former model end up? infantry? air force? nope, armor. to your attention IDF_TANKER, regarding the argument we had a while ago in this thread.

  2. #12542
    On Belay... Climb on Climber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
    Right, and where did the former model end up? infantry? air force? nope, armor. to your attention IDF_TANKER, regarding the argument we had a while ago in this thread.
    maybe she doesn't like walking?

  3. #12543
    Senior Member Sirpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the tree
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosy View Post
    A question: what is the context of this Sayeret Matkal pic?
    The exposed face is Doron Avital, unit commander when the photo was taken and now Knesset member.
    funny how old photos re-surface every now and again... i personally scanned this photo from yediot ahronot weekend agazine about 4-5 years ago for isayeret.com, the only remark added was "doron with unit members after returning from an operation behind enemy lines". note they are wearing desert camo gear for cold weather, both do not fit dirani's snatch operation in south lebanon back in 20 May 1994.

  4. #12544
    Senior Member PurpleCrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirpad View Post
    funny how old photos re-surface every now and again... i personally scanned this photo from yediot ahronot weekend agazine about 4-5 years ago for isayeret.com, the only remark added was "doron with unit members after returning from an operation behind enemy lines". note they are wearing desert camo gear for cold weather, both do not fit dirani's snatch operation in south lebanon back in 20 May 1994.
    The golden says of pictures in this thread. What happened to you and Ren?

  5. #12545
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atniel View Post
    I've always wondered where they put that stuff. Are those slab sided vehicles on the right behind the green tank M7 Priests?

    By the way, what's a shekemist?
    Near Kiryat Gat, N 31 38.112 E 034 44.573

  6. #12546
    On Belay... Climb on Climber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 111E View Post
    Near Kiryat Gat, N 31 38.112 E 034 44.573
    You are answering a more than a year old post, please don't do this again, TY.

  7. #12547
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    some SAM

    Mt.Hazera (east of Dimona)
    Hawk

    and (since 2010) Patriot


    Haifa (Stella Maris Region)



    ex German (MAN truck)


    north of Zefat
    Hawk


    Dimona
    Patriots



  8. #12548
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    that's the proof: women can't drive

  9. #12549
    Senior Member IDF_TANKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The world's 6th most dangerous country.
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
    Right, and where did the former model end up? infantry? air force? nope, armor. to your attention IDF_TANKER, regarding the argument we had a while ago in this thread.
    Hey, every rule has an exception! Besides, I'm still willing to bet she is going to be in the turret department - this is where the better ones go.

  10. #12550
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth...in need of liberation
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneaker53 View Post
    that's the proof: women can't drive

  11. #12551
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mars - Utopia Planitia
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneaker53 View Post
    that's the proof: women can't drive
    God ****ing damn, short of Hulk going on a roid-rage induced rampage, I can't think of anything else that could've flipped that tank like that.

  12. #12552
    Senior Member Sirpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the tree
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCrow View Post
    The golden says of pictures in this thread. What happened to you and Ren?
    can't say about Ren, i'm still reading here every once in a while but work issues prevent me from being active like i was before.

  13. #12553
    Senior Member Sirpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the tree
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    God ****ing damn, short of Hulk going on a roid-rage induced rampage, I can't think of anything else that could've flipped that tank like that.
    don't get excited, it's a tank roll over training - they turned it upside down on purpose, with the same wires in the photo which are also used to turn in back to the right side. i have couple of photos from a real event in the west bank 10 years ago, will post them later today (i think they were posted here once before).

  14. #12554
    Member Swarovski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ישראל
    Posts
    192

    Default Paratroopers and Armor in a drill

    Originally posted by user Fang in Army.Fresh.Co.il.
    Photos by Yruas.






























    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  15. #12555
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    here are some rare pictures of historic SSM Systems - meanwhile all of them seems to be retired from active service

    Marcel Dassault MD-620 = Jericho 1
    manufacturing of the first missiles at the Dassault plant in Martignas-sur-Jalle


    missile tests at Ile du Levant






    MGM-52 Lance






    SSM "Luz"



    290mm MLRS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •