Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by pretorian669 View Post
    Flight school for example.Every Israeli citizen up to a certain age can apply to IAF flight school...
    About your academic qualifications,don't bet too much on it's relevance .
    I heard about a guy with masters in economics , whom the ministry of defense really wanted for their finance department,ending up as a gate guard(shin ghimel) in some ****hole army base.
    I think the main issue with getting in to the "better" units is security clearance. They can only do so much background check to someone that has just arrived to the country.
    Nothing official here,just my 2c...

[*******#333333]Age and profile will be a greater determinant than your degree. There are those here with much more recent induction experience as an oleh than I have; they'll have to chime in. For what it's worth (and it can't be very much) It was 1984and I was 25 with a 97 profile and did 2 years infantry and paratroops (when Gdud 50 jumped). It was designated 18 mos., and I opted for another 6. One of my buddies was 30 when he went in - he was the hayal mitztayen for 931 that mahzor. So anything is possible, but then we were quite pleased to be in regular gdudim and we weren't conversant in all the pal (fill in the blank) options available. When all was said and done I had friends from 669 who said they wouldn't have traded places with us not because they were that special, but because our pace of operations was much greater.[/COLOR]
    the degree itself is sht, i cant do sht with it, but it shows at least im good at something, and actually its more like an engineering degree..I think i'm little old for flight school, and actually more interested in the trainings than than the service itself,,technically i only have to serve like 6 months based on NBN guidelines, which 4 months of it goes to training and other stuff i guess...idk. i was thinking of Combat Engineering Corps, anyone been there.! also what if im iranian born american and fluent in farsi..that definately put a big spin on the whole process...tnx

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

From the Lebanese Army thread, an Israeli-donated former SLA M113 now integrated into the Lebanese Army.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...=1#post6172837

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeWolf View Post
    From the Lebanese Army thread, an Israeli-donated former SLA M113 now integrated into the Lebanese Army.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...=1#post6172837
    It was donated to whom? To the Christian militias?

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    It was donated to whom? To the Christian militias?
    South Lebanon Army.

Quote Originally Posted by imar3l View Post
    the degree itself is sht, i cant do sht with it, but it shows at least im good at something, and actually its more like an engineering degree..I think i'm little old for flight school, and actually more interested in the trainings than than the service itself,,technically i only have to serve like 6 months based on NBN guidelines, which 4 months of it goes to training and other stuff i guess...idk. i was thinking of Combat Engineering Corps, anyone been there.! also what if im iranian born american and fluent in farsi..that definately put a big spin on the whole process...tnx
    If you're an Iranian born American fluent in Farsi, the IDF has some extremely interesting jobs available - if you pass the security checks. Make sure you let them know this during your aliyah/tzav rishon, and don't be surprised if you are called for special tests.

To get this topic back on track - some photos.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by amerikie View Post
    If you're an Iranian born American fluent in Farsi, the IDF has some extremely interesting jobs available - if you pass the security checks. Make sure you let them know this during your aliyah/tzav rishon, and don't be surprised if you are called for special tests.
    I know a fellow with an electrical engineering degree and another with some engineering both went to combat engineering, so definitely possible.

Probably reposts but will give it a try nontheless...

Default Artillery drill in the south - 155mm in action

Enjoy.

Pictures from Fresh.co.il, posted by user Photomax.

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/kdooyr.jpg[/IMG]
    Outgoing Samaria Brigade Commander Colonel Nimrod Aloni.

Col. Yarom served as an officer in Sayeret Golani. He lost his foot after stepping on a landmine during an operation in Lebanon. However, Yarom returned to active duty after his injury. During the Second Intifada, Yarom was injured again, this time after being shot in the abdomen. He managed to overcome this injury as well, and returned to Golani where he served as the commander of Egoz Unit and commander of the Reconnaissance Battalion during the Second Lebanon War.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...230801,00.html

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

It's not his fault, but I understand why he feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarovski View Post
    Enjoy.

Pictures from Fresh.co.il, posted by user Photomax.
    These are great photos. The M-109 is still going strong.

Apperantly fresh reservists from the 7th and 188th brigades, are being converted to Magach tanks...

OK. first of all... [SIZE=5]MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Now, I would argue that the army's logic is lacking with having me, a former Magach'nic, being converted to infantry, while former Merkavists are being converted to Magach - if I wouldn't rather bite myself to death before i'll go back to serving on one of those things myself.

So, all I got to say is, have fun! [/SIZE]

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
    Apperantly fresh reservists from the 7th and 188th brigades, are being converted to Magach tanks...

OK. first of all... [SIZE=5]MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Now, I would argue that the army's logic is lacking with having me, a former Magach'nic, being converted to infantry, while former Merkavists are being converted to Magach - if I wouldn't rather bite myself to death before i'll go back to serving on one of those things myself.

So, all I got to say is, have fun! [/SIZE]
    First of all, good luck trying to find any logic where we both know there is none. Second......... poor guys.

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

So, serious question. Why are they using those when we've already seen photos of Merkavot lined up in rows as surplus? Is the Magach 7 superior to a Merk. II Baz? I'm assuming they haven't laid up any IIIs and IVs.