Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

Sam,
    When will you arrive to Israel?
    I think you should go to the Israeli embassy in Australia and get some official answer for your questions.

http://http://dover.idf.il/IDF/Engli...im/default.htm

http://www.moia.gov.il/Moia_en/Zahal/LonelySoldiers.htm

AUSTRALIA
    EMBASSY OF ISRAEL
    6 Turrana Street
    Yarralumla Act 2600
    Canberra, AUSTRALIA
    Tel:* +61-2-62733497
    Fax: +61-2-62732874
    E-mail: defence@canberra.mfa.gov.il

In 94 there was at least one color blind in duvdevan...
    Anyway, me and my family will help you in any way we can.
    Last edited by pretorian669; 04-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by pretorian669 View Post
    Sam,
    I think you should go to the Israeli embassy in Australia and get some official answer for your questions. In 94 there was at least one color blind in duvdevan...
    Cool attitude!...................Kol hakavod

Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post

Posted by Moledet1.
    That was really impressive.
    Those are the things that makes the difference between just a country and a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post
    That was really impressive.
    Those are the things that makes the difference between just a country and a nation.
    thats true. Today we have a Iom Haatzmaut act in BA, I am going.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    thats true. Today we have a Iom Haatzmaut act in BA, I am going.
    Thats very nice, good to hear youre going.
    Ill take a minute also here where Im.

Thats very nice, good to hear youre going.
    Ill take a minute also here where Im.
    What you see in the video, is the day before Iom Hatzmauut, ( independence day), its called Iom HaZicaron ( remembrance day), we remember our fallen. A week before that, is Iom HaShoa ( Holocaust day) we also do that, we stop for a minute and remember. The act I am going is the independence day act, but we are going to have a minute of silence and respect also.

My new favorite Tavor picture

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Now there's one picture worth more than a million weasel words from political hacks and mindless leftwing campus anti-semites.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1022 View Post
    Thankyou, Its disappointing I cant even attempt to join the supermen units, but Im very relieved I can attempt the gibush for the Gadsars. Do you know what sort of colour vision testing is used?

Your advice on accommodation is very helpful. Expanding on your explanation of promotions, are commissions as an officer only awarded to soldiers who sign on extra time after their conscription period? Or, is it like the commanders course when you can be fast tracked based on merit?

Also, can you provide any information on the sort of salary you receive if you commit to spend extra time after you initial service?

Cheers,

Sam
    Your eligibility for Officer's school is determined by psychological scores you receive when you go in for your Tzav Rishon (your kaba score) as well as a score that they assign to you of how suitable they think you are to be an officer. These scores, even though they are assigned to you prior to actual service, can haunt you all the way through so take your tzav rishon seriously. Exceptions can be made if your scores are low, but it depends on the people above you. Of course, your commanders must also deem you to be a good candidate for officers school in order to send you.
    Soldiers in keva (serving past their mandatory service) made (circa 2009) somewhere between 4000-6000 shekels a month depending on their job/place of service etc. That being said, if you serve say in a "normal" unit like the infantry or armour, or even in a gadsar, it is very, very difficult for lochamim to serve keva. Me and my tzevet tried to sign on for more but no dice. It's the sad fact that new soldiers are always being drafted who can be paid the normal, token paycheck as opposed to a salary so it is very rare for the army to keep anyone around for keva.
    In Cast Lead I finished my service the day after we entered Gaza. I was put into keva for 1 week, but since that was too expensive they switched me to being a miluimnik for the rest of the operation. Oh well.
    Anyways, point is, I would start worrying about this AFTER I was drafted and knew where I was serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    What you see in the video, is the day before Iom Hatzmauut, ( independence day), its called Iom HaZicaron ( remembrance day), we remember our fallen. A week before that, is Iom HaShoa ( Holocaust day) we also do that, we stop for a minute and remember. The act I am going is the independence day act, but we are going to have a minute of silence and respect also.
    Thanks a lot, Climber; I hope everything was fine there.

Thanks a lot, Climber; I hope everything was fine there.
    Yes, everything was Ok, I saw people from old times, and it was........ cold in the Luna park......Thanks AD.

reminds me of the Holocaust Remembrance day .. there was similar siren and drill , had a chance to experience it during my recent trip to Israel.

Sam,
    I think you should go to the Israeli embassy in Australia and get some official answer for your questions.
    Well, i got given 15th of May as the earliest date, however I am having some paperwork problems. But I hope to be over there no later than the end of June. There is quite a distance between myself and the embassy, but Im sure a phonecall is in order.

In 94 there was at least one color blind in duvdevan...
    Its very encouraging that that a member of Duvdevan was colorblind. I am very grateful for your offer of support, it is very kind.

My new favorite Tavor picture

This is brilliant!!!!!!! Sums up the situation perfectly.

Indeed it does. I posted it on another IDF-themed site and it was deleted after one person complained about it as being too one-sided in the statement it made. I find that morally in error; when you let the mindless pseudo-intellectual pro-Palestinian Israel bashers frighten you into deleting anything they find offensive...no matter that it's the truth...then they have already won.