Thread: Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    No, the IDF does not use them. They are not suitable to protect large areas such as cities.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Magnificent pics xnir!

HiRes
    IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz in a situational assessment with senior IDF officers. November 20, 2012.

HiRes
    IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz in a situational assessment with senior IDF officers. November 20, 2012.

HiRes

An Israeli soldier prays by a tank at an Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) staging area in the central Gaza border November 21, 2012. Israeli air strikes shook the Gaza ***** and Palestinian rockets struck across the border as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Jerusalem in the early hours of Wednesday, seeking a truce that can hold back Israel's ground troops. *******/Yannis Behrakis

An Israeli soldier prays by an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) at an Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) staging area in the central Gaza border November 21, 2012. Israeli air strikes shook the Gaza ***** and Palestinian rockets struck across the border as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Jerusalem in the early hours of Wednesday, seeking a truce that can hold back Israel's ground troops. *******/Yannis Behrakis

An Israeli soldier prays by an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) at an Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) staging area in the central Gaza border November 21, 2012. Israeli air strikes shook the Gaza ***** and Palestinian rockets struck across the border as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Jerusalem in the early hours of Wednesday, seeking a truce that can hold back Israel's ground troops. *******/Yannis Behrakis

Israeli soldiers pray behind artillery shells near the border with the northern Gaza ***** November 21, 2012. Israeli air strikes shook the Gaza ***** and Palestinian rockets struck across the border as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Jerusalem in the early hours of Wednesday, seeking a truce that can hold back Israel's ground troops. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers pray near a mobile artillery unit stationed outside the northern Gaza ***** November 21, 2012. Israeli air strikes shook the Gaza ***** and Palestinian rockets struck across the border as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Jerusalem in the early hours of Wednesday, seeking a truce that can hold back Israel's ground troops. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers pray next to an artillery gun on Nov. 21 on Israel's border with the Gaza *****. Despite widespread rumors of a ceasefire, militants in the Gaza ***** continue to fire rockets and Israel continues its bombardment. (Uriel Sinai/*****Images)

An Israeli 155mm artillery gun fires a shell from an emplacement on Israel's border into the Gaza ***** on Nov. 21 on Israel's border with the Gaza *****. (Christopher Furlong/*****Images)

An Israeli soldier stands atop a mobile artillery unit positioned outside the northern Gaza ***** November 21, 2012. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday pursued a Gaza truce, with Israel and Hamas still at odds over key terms, as Israeli air strikes shook the enclave and a bomb exploded on a Tel Aviv bus. *******/Darren Whiteside

Israeli soldiers sit in an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) at a staging area outside the northern Gaza ***** November 21, 2012. Israel and Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a ceasefire brokered by Egypt on the eighth day of intensive Israeli fire on the Gaza ***** and militant rocket attacks out of the enclave, Israeli, Palestinian and Egyptian sources said. *******/Amir Cohen

Israeli soldiers rest at a staging area outside the northern Gaza ***** November 21, 2012. Israel and Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a ceasefire brokered by Egypt on the eighth day of intensive Israeli fire on the Gaza ***** and militant rocket attacks out of the enclave, Israeli, Palestinian and Egyptian sources said. *******/Amir Cohen
    Last edited by m4rs75; 11-21-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: more pics

Navy strikes terrorist targets in Gaza:
    Last edited by m4rs75; 11-22-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: more pics

M107DC 155mm round...suited for all your immediate landscape remodeling needs. King of Battle!

An Israeli soldier adjusts the barrel of a tank at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers sleep in their sleeping bags on an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers sleep in their sleeping bags next to an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers stand wrapped in their sleeping bags as they smoke cigarettes next to a tank at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers sit atop a tank at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli soldiers carry their gear past an armoured personnel carrier (APC) as they head home near the border with the northern Gaza ***** November 22, 2012.A ceasefire between Israel and Hamas took hold on Thursday with scenes of joy among the ruins in Gaza over what Palestinians hailed as a victory, and both sides saying their fingers were still on the trigger. *******/Ronen Zvulun

An Israeli soldier directs a tank at a staging area outside the central Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

An Israeli soldier directs military vehicles as they leave from an area near the border with the northern Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli military vehicles drive as they leave from an area near the border with the northern Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

Israeli military vehicles drive as they leave from an area near the border with the northern Gaza ***** November 22, 2012. A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers took hold on Thursday after eight days of conflict, although deep mistrust on both sides cast doubt on how long the Egyptian-sponsored deal can last. *******/Ronen Zvulun

IDF troops in Ashkelon:
    Last edited by m4rs75; 11-22-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: more pics

Soldiers mourn near the grave of Yosef Nachman Partok during his funeral in Jerusalem, Nov. 21. (Mihal Fattal/EPA)

Israeli soldiers dance to music provided by Hasidic Jews at the border with the Gaza ***** on Thursday, Nov. 22. (Christopher Furlong/*****Images)

A Palestinian looks at Israeli soldiers as they stand guard behind the fence between Israel and southern Gaza ***** November 23, 2012. Israeli gunfire at the Gaza border killed one Palestinian on Friday and wounded several others, medics said, two days after a ceasefire between the territory's Islamist rulers Hamas and Israel took hold. *******/ Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

Palestinians stand close to the fence as an Israeli tank is seen on the border between Israel and southern Gaza ***** November 23, 2012. Israeli gunfire at the Gaza border killed one Palestinian on Friday and wounded several others, medics said, two days after a ceasefire between the territory's Islamist rulers Hamas and Israel took hold. *******/ Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

An Israeli soldier gestures as Palestinians stand close to the fence between Israel and the southern Gaza ***** November 23, 2012. Israeli gunfire at the Gaza border killed one Palestinian on Friday and wounded several others, medics said, two days after a ceasefire between the territory's Islamist rulers Hamas and Israel took hold. *******/ Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

An Israeli soldier points his gun at Palestinians who reached the fence between Israel and southern Gaza ***** November 23, 2012. Hamas Islamists enforced a fragile two-day-old truce on Friday by evacuating Palestinians from a "no-go" border zone after Israel shot dead a Gaza resident there in the first fatality since the ceasefire. *******/ Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

Gaza-Israel border shooting:

Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz touring Southern Command:
    Last edited by m4rs75; 11-23-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: more pics

Are the white ones WP shells ?

And as a final touch, God created the Dutch.

no ... Tallis !!

Quote Originally Posted by mokokko View Post

are the white ones wp shells ?
    The white shells are HE.

Quote Originally Posted by mokokko View Post
    Are the white ones WP shells ?
    Light green are WP shells.

US-made M825's. http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...tions/m825.htm

Banned user

I have question for Israel members. Today on news I saw soldiers on the border, by some fence aiming at Palestinians. I could not identify gun they were using, it sort of look like TAR-21, but I thought it look different.

Below is a photo, the top gun is normal TAR-21, and below is what I thought I saw on news, the grippy part looked much more forward, it almost look under the end of the very very short barrel. Is it some other gun that look like TAR-21? or did I just mis-identifies it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeroyiDnepra View Post
    I have question for Israel members. Today on news I saw soldiers on the border, by some fence aiming at Palestinians. I could not identify gun they were using, it sort of look like TAR-21, but I thought it look different.

Below is a photo, the top gun is normal TAR-21, and below is what I thought I saw on news, the grippy part looked much more forward, it almost look under the end of the very very short barrel. Is it some other gun that look like TAR-21? or did I just mis-identifies it?

It was a Micro Tavor, it's fixed to be the standard issue AR for Israel instead of the regular full length TAR-21.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    It was a Micro Tavor, it's fixed to be the standard issue AR for Israel instead of the regular full length TAR-21.
    ohhh!! thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by GeroyiDnepra View Post

No offense but do you imagine one second shooting with such a thing? just think about the position of your arm.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by IronLionZion View Post
    No offense but do you imagine one second shooting with such a thing? just think about the position of your arm.
    i did not say i was a great artist or engineer