Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian defence forces

Old thread i know
    I just wanted to show you guys the picture. It's quite interesting, isn't it?

I think I know everything, but I don't lightfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpsk View Post

Old thread i know
    I just wanted to show you guys the picture. It's quite interesting, isn't it?

They are from the Honour Guard company, training with the medieval stuff near the presidential palace, and later on Sundays they look like this:

IMHO great stuff and traditions. There are thoughts to recreate dragoons of the XVIII century as well, smth like the poles have.
    Are you, yourself from Lithuania?Or did you just make this picture..?

My Coy. was a guest of the Dragunai battalion in Klaipéda in ex Amber Hope 2007...the Lithuanian units involved did their job fine, even though we didn't have much to do with them as our battalion was in a different camp, we only had some HQ people and translators in our camp in the way of Lithuanians. The Dragunai batt. definitely didn't have as nice training facilities (MOUT towns, camps etc.) as we had in Finland though, heard that they were developing that training area as best...We had a Lithuanian cadet with us as translator on almost all training missions.

Definitely going to Klaipéda for next midsummer too if I'm not on an operation, those girls... There were some miniscule bugs there that drove me crazy though, got into my sleeping bag/clothes and ate me up every night, I never got them out of there. Thank God for inhospitable Nordic Finnish climates.

Kacanik, Kosovo 26-10-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ceriy View Post
    Kacanik, Kosovo 26-10-2007
    Ha I believe I know this guy small world indeed.

nice thread, nice pictures!

Is that an M16 he's packing? Bloody crappy Western imports!

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by lightfire View Post
    Ha I believe I know this guy small world indeed.
    what guy? you got a talent if you can id man from his back

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by planeman View Post
    Is that an M16 he's packing? Bloody crappy Western imports!
    there is a reason why in missions Lithuania uses m16. other alternative is ak47(akm), but this crappy weapon useless. another alternative is AK4(primarly weapon of lithuania army)..

Quote Originally Posted by magicpie View Post
    What is the point of having 4 of those useless-looking fighter jets things?
    Dear Member,

The L-39 is one of the most effective advance/basic trainers in the world. It is only a short step from the L-39 to the cockpit of any modern combat jet. The L-39 has a good weapons load on its own. While it can not defend the air space of its nation in a full scale war, the L-39 is perfect for sovereignty patrol missions.

Jack E. Hammond

Quote Originally Posted by Vympel View Post
    there is a reason why in missions Lithuania uses m16. other alternative is ak47(akm), but this crappy weapon useless. another alternative is AK4(primarly weapon of lithuania army)..
    The reason, however is slightly different. First, NATO caliber, them M16s were recieved very cheeply, third comfort of western equipment and armament before aquiring G36 for the whole Armed forces. From the next year all those, who go on missions will be equiped with G36 and soon - the whole army.

Then I would not call AKM useless crappy etc It's still a loved one by many soldiers, for instance in kosovo even until last year home Home Defence units were using AKMs, because they didn't want to carry AK-4s in mission. AK-4 (main weapon so far) is concidered as crappy in our armed forces, therefore the army will switch soon to G36.

what guy? you got a talent if you can id man from his back
    well from this angle his face looks veeery familiar

Banned user

g36 is superior. heh i saw on 3 mergeliu tiltas(Kaunas) some lithuanian soldiers who had g36 and they practised some sort of climbing down whit the rope. some of them got splinters in the ass when they hitted trees branches.
    *btw, i saw some pic of kosovo with Lithuanian soldiers wielding ak's. but i don't saw any colimators and other usefull bullsht on those.
    * my friend now serves in air defence, and he says that they get 40 bullets for shooting in the month, so when main weapon will be g36, maybe this number decrease/increase in case of different magazine size.

You saw airsofters, they ussualy practise there with climbing/ rope techniques In Kosovo, KASP units using AKs did not use any scopes or other things, because they didn't think it was neccessarry, those AKMs are quite old and there's no real use of putting scope (only investment, that is not feasible).

Some good news at last,

Stinger AA finally in Lithanian Defence forces (Air Defence battalion)

rest from elta:

Our MoD

some good asset to RBS-70

http://www.defenselink.mil/DODCMSSha...810A-009dotjpg

I'm liking that old school aluminum waffle mag hes got in that AKMS. Damn fine condition too.