Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Berlin, 1945.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Switek View Post

let's google for a while....

Source

Refresh your education and stop posting soviet BS originated from issued in 1939 "Pravda" headlines...
    Read the own source:
    after which a new treaty established a new border.
    Regarding "occupation 39-41";
    Since after the reunification of the territory the ukrainain and belarussian states were founded on 1918, they immediatly became integrated parts of the respective soviet republics, therefore could not remain be a "polish territory occupied by foreign forces".

It's quite interesting how poles cling to a territory they controlled for only 20 years (if talking about post-middle age history) and which nor belonged to polish founding territory nor was populated by polish majority. It was conquered by poles 1920 and reintegrated into the republics originally founded on it 1939 but not occupied.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by tornadoss View Post
    I want to ask how many people were killed by Russians while Stalin was president?
    Stalin was never a "president". It would also be quite hard to distinguish how many were killed by russians and how many by other soviets ethnicities.
    If talking about overall numbers, they are given here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
    Whgile not few, they are for sure not in the range of WW2 victims.

Can we lock this thread?
    Since there aren't any photos being posted anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    Much more than 17 million btw. If we count both civilian and military.
    26+ millions of Soviet citizens total - military + civil.
    Some years back Putin or smbdy else said that oficially.

Quote Originally Posted by MZKT View Post
    Stalin was never a "president".
    ok not problem whatever he was

Any more pics out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
    Any more pics out there?

Good question,

For those who have taken this thread off topic................ Expect a 2 week holiday if you continue to BS and discuss other times and events.

If I was to go back and clean up the last few pages, A few of you would not be posting for a while.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    Dear Hast,
    I have no interest in addressing this little suada of yours in its totality. However, the last paragraph of your posting indicates a rather spectacular ignorance of contemporary German history, and likely Soviet history as well. As the matter at hand is of a quite sensitive nature, I would ask you to read up on it before commenting.
    Cheers,
    IJ.
    I meant no offense. The majority of German population was ignorant of Hitler's true nature, i remember a documentary where Americans showed to German villagers some concentration camp(i don't remember where it was) and the bodies of prisoners... Their village situated few kilometers away. Women(and even men) ran out, crying. They didn't know about it(heck, not even all the military knew about these things).
    But the Soviets(simple soldiers) didn't know about that(ignorant population) as well, they thought all Germans are evil. You can't really blame them. The real crime committed by Soviet staff in Germany is not giving orders and restrain soldiers.

P.S Sorry, i'm stopping right here.

-----> Lock this thread please.

idiot savant with a ban stick

Last time a mod has to ask for this thread to get back on topic. Make with the pics, make nice, and reel your necks in. I'll back up a few pages and shotgun blast infractions right before I close the thread if it comes to that.

idiot savant with a ban stick

Quote Originally Posted by Lokos View Post
    EDIT: Never mind. Calm blue ocean. Self-restraint.

L.
    Good catch...I'll try and exhibit the same restraint.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Lokos View Post
    EDIT: Never mind. Calm blue ocean. Self-restraint.

L.
    haha yeah....when there is so much **** swiming around, no point in responding at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hast2 View Post
    I meant no offense. The majority of German population was ignorant of Hitler's true nature, i remember a documentary where Americans showed to German villagers some concentration camp(i don't remember where it was) and the bodies of prisoners... Their village situated few kilometers away. Women(and even men) ran out, crying. They didn't know about it(heck, not even all the military knew about these things).
    But the Soviets(simple soldiers) didn't know about that(ignorant population) as well, they thought all Germans are evil. You can't really blame them. The real crime committed by Soviet staff in Germany is not giving orders and restrain soldiers.

P.S Sorry, i'm stopping right here.
    Don't mind.
    The subject at hand is very complex. However two things for your information:
    The senior ranks of the Wehrmacht were as a rule quite aware of the existence and purpose of the Einsatzgruppen. So were many ordinary Wehrmacht soldiers who either witnessed the SD at work or sometimes participated in their "tasks". Most however, were certainly not, even if they might have heard rumours, etc.
    The majority of the German population was actually aware of the existence of the concentration camp system per se, as the Nazis actually openly advertised the existence of ie. KZ Dachau throughout the media in the immediate afermath of their ascent to power, and successively conducted tours with both domestic and foreign dignitaries. The representation of camp life as orchestrated by the authorities did however not remotely reflect its actual reality. There was complete disregard of the rule of law, systemic abuse and quite a number of murders in the camp, but in "early" Dachau the mortality was actually smaller than, say, in the Katorga. I say "early" because this situation was of course to change drastically corresponding to the developments after the Gauleitertagung and the Wannsee-Conference in late- 41/ early 42 that are today known as the Shoah. Still, the apparatus of the Holocaust was vastly diversified, and the murders were overwhelmingly but not exclusively actually commited in the so- called Vernichtungslager that were situated outside German soil rather than in the Konzentrationslager.
    I am veering off.
    Anyways, I find it not so much alarming that most people are apparently completely ignorant of the plight that befell so many Germans in the aftermath of the war as I find it vulgar that there are many that tend to downplay or even justify it.
    Cheers,
    IJ.