Thread: falklands war pic

Default falklands war pic

has any of you has an idea of where I can find a hi-res exemple of that pic:

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

It's a Crown copyright photo, so you're unlikely to find it on the net - PM me your e-mail address and I'll try and help.

I have that photograph somewhere in a book of mine. I'll see If I can find it and scan it for you. I think it might be the Scots Guards, not too sure though.

Sorted - scanned at 300dpi, should be good for A4/Letter size - Oh and BTW he was a Royal Marine of 40 Cdo. (att. to 45 Cdo.), taken by one of the RN Combat Photography team, PO Peter Holdgate. The subject is Marine Peter Robinson

Just after the image was taken the flag blew off in the wind and had the be retrieved from a suspected minefield!

Marine Robinson has been imortalised as the subject for the bronze statue sited outside the Royal Marines Museum in Portsmouth.

Both versions of the pic are ready at 2500 pixels high for you - OK?

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification mate, I was just about to scan the pic when I realised he was a Royal Marine.

Check out the UK ARmy website. They have an image gallery that you can register to use and freely download images from. Guaranteed you will find it in there at hi res.

Quote Originally Posted by indigo_prime
    Check out the UK ARmy website. They have an image gallery that you can register to use and freely download images from. Guaranteed you will find it in there at hi res.
    1. The British Army website is hardly likely to have a photo of a Royal Marine taken over 23 years ago by a Royal Navy photographer.

2. The Defence Image Database is where you would be more likely to find RM pictures, but not from the Falklands war

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    At the wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside..with Mary on my mind

A great photo symbolising the Falklands conflict. Silvermans uses/used it as the cover for their catalogue.

thanks a lot to all of you for your answers!

this a great pic, a beautiful hommage to her majesty's soldiers, whatever unit they're from!

Quote Originally Posted by lambert
    thanks a lot to all of you for your answers!

this a great pic, a beautiful hommage to her majesty's soldiers, whatever unit they're from!
    but do you want it in hi-res, PM me if you do.