Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

  1. #3616
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    361

    Default

    This just in:

    To match German offer of free F-4s, which in 4-5 years means an almost certain order of Eurofighters, Saab has apparently offered a good portion of a possible Gripen order free of charge! Used, likely from Swedish Air Force, but in good condition. Apparently, they would also like to train their pilots at Zemunik in exchange.

    Granted, it's from Yutarnji, but the very fact it doesn't bash the idea of maintaining a combat Croatian Air Force gives credence to the article. Also, it makes sense from a business standpoint. If your competitor offers old jets for free to get ahead in the future order of new ones, you call him on that by offering a part of your new jets for free as well.

    Marcellogo, any articles and translations you could provide from Panorama would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #3617
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default

    I always assumed that in every case the "new" croatian fighters would be second hand or better surplus aircraft from the former owner air force and not newly built aircraft.
    All the nation of Europe are in a process of radical downsizing of their armed forces and so there would be almost new aircrafts (Gripen was first introducted in 1996 and Typhoon in 2003) at disposition at a reasonable prize.

    Maybe Gripen bid would be a reasonable mix of new built and used ones, but Eurofighters would surely all be used block 5, available at end of decades as soon as new thirth batch Eurofighters (that the Air forces are obliged to acquire in every case in order to avoid paying reparations to industres ) are put in line.
    The "free" offer of F4f has so now more sense: Croatia sign a deal for acquire used Eurofighter between some years, Germany gives Phantoms to close the gap.
    Sweden has a obvious convenience to train its pilot in sunny Zadar instead than in Stockolm, and Croatia has a still more obvious convenience in exchange something in last istance unmaterial with real fighters so the deal it is quite interesting.

  3. #3618

  4. #3619
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post
    Quite funny.

    And why to put granade launcher in that way?

  5. #3620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    I always assumed that in every case the "new" croatian fighters would be second hand or better surplus aircraft from the former owner air force and not newly built aircraft.
    All the nation of Europe are in a process of radical downsizing of their armed forces and so there would be almost new aircrafts (Gripen was first introducted in 1996 and Typhoon in 2003) at disposition at a reasonable prize.

    Maybe Gripen bid would be a reasonable mix of new built and used ones, but Eurofighters would surely all be used block 5, available at end of decades as soon as new thirth batch Eurofighters (that the Air forces are obliged to acquire in every case in order to avoid paying reparations to industres ) are put in line.
    The "free" offer of F4f has so now more sense: Croatia sign a deal for acquire used Eurofighter between some years, Germany gives Phantoms to close the gap.
    Sweden has a obvious convenience to train its pilot in sunny Zadar instead than in Stockolm, and Croatia has a still more obvious convenience in exchange something in last istance unmaterial with real fighters so the deal it is quite interesting.
    [FONT=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss][SIZE=2]Hrvatska za sada neće nabavljati nove zamjenske zrakoplove za potrebe Hrvatske vojske zbog ekonomske situacije, niti je spremna prihvatiti ponudu Šveđana o uvježbavanju njihovih pilota u zračnoj luci Zemunik u zamjenu za borbene zrakoplove tipa »gripen«. Izjavio je to jučer u Splitu državni tajnik u Ministarstvu obrane Mate Raboteg[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Croatia for time being will not procure new aircrafts for HRZ due to economical situation nor is ready to accept Swedish offer to train their pilots in Zemunik Airbase in exchange for grippen fighter jets, stated MOD state secretary Mate Raboteg (state secretary of certain ministry in HR is position second to minister).

    Now, if procurement of new aircraft is set aside for now - what is that clever solution they have in mind?
    Accept German F-4s or use Fishbeds beyond their life expectancy

  6. #3621
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default

    [QUOTE=SATNIK;5562319]It is the way how to reload 40mm and than goes under when in fire position.
    But I'm not a hundred percent sure, perhaps he is also in a process of mounting or removing it.

    Yes, it can be : trigger has remained in the usual position .

  7. #3622

  8. #3623
    Future Dumbarse Dunion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Bit late with April Fools jokes, but still a good read

  9. #3624
    Member Hrvoje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunion View Post
    Bit late with April Fools jokes, but still a good read
    It's right on time
    hint "Datum objave: 1.4.2011"

  10. #3625
    Senior Member Annihilator9112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    Sweden offers JAS 39 fighter planes to Croatia

    Sweden has offered to donate military aircraft to Croatia, at the same time that Germany has made a similar offer, the daily 24 Sata writes.

    Swedes would give Croatia JAS 39 fighter planes in return for being able to conduct some exercises in Zadar.

    The current Croatian fleet contains eight MIG aircraft which are due to be replaced.
    http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Ge...nes_to_Croatia


    If that is true then that would be a dream come true.
    I hop this is true and Croatia actually accepts the deal.

  11. #3626
    Member Dankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Fingers crossed your government accepts this! It would be a shame to have another NATO member incapable of defending it's own airspace

  12. #3627

    Default

    Donations, Donations, Donations

  13. #3628
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator9112 View Post
    http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Ge...nes_to_Croatia


    If that is true then that would be a dream come true.
    I hop this is true and Croatia actually accepts the deal.
    I'm not sure, it seems me not relevant as it is clearly not written by someone with even a basic knowledge of military technical language.
    "Swedes would give Croatia JAS 39 fighter planes in return for being able to conduct some exercises in Zadar" means absolutely nothing when referred to a deal such this.
    How many fighters? who would pay for that exercises? They would use only facilities or will get flying hours on croatian Pilatus? Croatia would have some obbligation to buy Gripen in future (same question would apply to F-4f donation obviously) and so on?
    Last edited by marcellogo; 04-04-2011 at 05:41 AM.

  14. #3629
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default To honour the fallen...

    Police patrol boat Josip Jović launched:



    http://www.mup.hr/89695/1.aspx

    Police boat "Josip Jović" has been produced in Motomontaža Greben shipyard at Vela Luka.
    24,6 meter long, 6.2 meter wide it was ecquipped with two MTU engines of 1050 kv power each for a 27 knots maximum speed.

  15. #3630
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Unhappy Again with same old stories...

    Magazin Zastita published last round of media speculations about two precedent topics:

    Kuwaiti tanks modernization:

    http://zastita.info/hr/novosti/hrvat...ove,11908.html

    and German F-4F donation:

    http://zastita.info/hr/novosti/njema...tom,11898.html

    Nothing new, except to positively assest the interest of the magazine on defence matters and finally of a more professional approach to the subjects.

    Let's hope that in future they would keep on this way and maybe publish some supplements focused about defence or even start a side-project magazine.
    Last edited by marcellogo; 04-04-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •