Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Croatian film among the top three at the International Festival-military documentary

The film "Croatian Army" at this year's 22nd international festival of documentary military films "Esercito e Popoli", held on 7 to 13 September in the Italian town of Bracciano was selected among the top three film festivals and won Special Jury Award Plaque-president of the Italian Parliament. In the view of the jury of Croatian film is particularly prominent because of the use of special videotehnike and a great staff that is structured in a unique way demonstrated a range of modern military capabilities. This is the third consecutive year that the Croatian military film wins a prize of the festival, but this year for the biggest success so far.
    The festival was attended by 17 countries from around the world, and in competition was 50-odd movies military themes nominated in eleven categories. The winner of the festival is a Swiss film Flying Diamond: The PC-7 Team, a second prize went to Pakistan for the film The Glorious resolve - Tale of two soldiers. The third prize which was awarded the Croatian film and we are especially looking forward to in part due to the fact that the festival was international in character, and among the competitors were the countries with a much longer tradition and is incomparably more powerful video-production, which has a whole separate studios and media centers and the budget allocated the only motion picture production for military purposes. Nominated fifteen-minute film on the Croatian Army, which was created in the Department of Croatian Military Media Services Public Relations and Communication Ministry of Defence, made the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces and also its largest branch, the Croatian Army, and displays all of its specialties and capabilities.

Thank Maxo for the impressive effort, but please consider that my comment was not against thread posters or the generic members of the armed forces that have continued their sheduled activity at the best of their possibilities during these months.

It was instead a political leadership problem: minister of defence, president of republic and even the top brasses have been to say it politely very distracted in the last three months .

OK,but still less politic more photos.

Looks like like Ante Kotromanović is indeed our new Minister of Defense, despite the fact that the president had certain reservations about him. Josipović, who is consulted on the choice of the Defense Minister, had only one objection: he doesn't like the fact that Kotromanović is a combat veteran. There you have it. Our leadership doesn't like soldiers being in charge of the military.

Regarding our Air Force, it now seems that we will attempt to extend our MiGs' service life for another ten years. No idea how, but anything's better than shutting down our combat component.

http://slobodnadalmacija.hr/Hrvatska...0/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Well, nature hasn't really changed, has it?
    Nope, but the technology has. Today we are able to reproduce colors and patterns using much more advanced tools. Its rare to see "natural colors" in old camos

Old but still active... photos taken a few days back:

Criminal charges were pressed against captain Igor Trošelj and 1st Lieutenant Marijan Kudlika. They are charged with severe endagerment of public safety and, if convicted, can get up to 10 years in prison.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/karlovac--pod...laskog/993966/

After so much money and training has been invested in these men, who are a dying breed in Croatia anyway, someone will throw it all away instead of prosecuting those responsible for the criminal lack of flight hours our pilots get, which was the cause for lack of flight discipline leading to the accident.

Personally, I think that at least one MiG could have been saved, but that's all water under the bridge. The injury to the old woman was unfortunate, but going out to pick corn in such proximity to a training and live fire range while listening to explosions and jets flying overhead was her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverhind View Post
    Criminal charges were pressed against captain Igor Trošelj and 1st Lieutenant Marijan Kudlika. They are charged with severe endagerment of public safety and, if convicted, can get up to 10 years in prison.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/karlovac--pod...laskog/993966/

After so much money and training has been invested in these men, who are a dying breed in Croatia anyway, someone will throw it all away instead of prosecuting those responsible for the criminal lack of flight hours our pilots get, which was the cause for lack of flight discipline leading to the accident.

Personally, I think that at least one MiG could have been saved, but that's all water under the bridge. The injury to the old woman was unfortunate, but going out to pick corn in such proximity to a training and live fire range while listening to explosions and jets flying overhead was her choice.
    The dudes were flying against the pre-set route, didn't communicate to anybody that they will change course, and crashed into eachother. How is that not their fault? If you decide you'll change your course during a formation flight, wouldn't you want to tell the other people around you?
    The granny...really? Her fault for having a field next to the air base? I wonder how long she's been picking corn there, and how long the base has been there? That is a serious question. I don't know much about the Croatian military airports.

I'm a civlian pilot, and sometimes I forget to call in route change or close the flight plan. That happens very rarely when I fly regularly, but when I'm on the ground for even just 5 or 6 days in a row, chances are something will be overlooked. Now imagine flying an order of magnitude more complex, supersonic combat aircraft that is barely holding together and doing that with significantly less annual flight hours than an avarage civilian pilot gets. It's a miracle nothing similar happened earlier.

BTW, the cardinal rule of any pilot is "aviate, navigate, comunicate". Meaning firstly you fly the aircraft, then you maintain an awareness of your position and only then you communicate. There's no use radioing your problem to someone sitting on the ground who can neither understand you nor help you.

As I said, my only objection is that at least one MiG could've been saved.

Eugen Kvaternik is a training ground. Pleso and Zemunik are the only Air Force Bases of the Croatian Air Force, in adittion to Udbina, which is under Special Forces control and not in regular use.

The point is that there is no airbase anywhere near the training ground. That's not some airport or base, its a military area designated for the express purpouse of live fire training, and is one of the largest in Europe. It's been there since 1965. Things are meant to go boom all across it, and people living in the vicinity know it and don't go around strolling when there's an exercise on, especially one involving fighter jets.

Two MiG-21bisD on 24-hour alert photographed 3 days ago.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

ENDING Pre-deployment training of the contingent for CROATIAN MVO ISAF in Afghanistan

They train with AKs but will use G36 in Afghanistan...

New VHS with integrated sight is coming
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/35hn6l2.jpg[/IMG]
    Interesting to see this uniform also..
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/14m9b1e.jpg[/IMG]
    nice..
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/30ijfyg.jpg[/IMG]

Link on Croatian: http://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/model...-clanak-357181

^^^^

I`m hoping to visit HS Produkt soon