Page 278 of 326 FirstFirst ... 178228268270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4880

Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Defense Minister Kotormanović visited Air Force Command at Pleso Air Force Base yesterday. Brigadier General Dražen Ščuri, commander of the Croatian Air Force, presented the Air Force order of battle, capabilities, equipment and accomplishments to the minister.

Kotromanović thanked the Air Force in the name of Croatian people for their invaluable help in aerial firefighting, search and rescue and MEDEVAC.

During his visit, the Quick Reaction Alert fighters were scrambled on Tango alert. The pilots, who started from their alert facility, reached their MiGs and lined them up on runway in just half the time prescribed by NATO. I believe NATO requirement is 5 minutes, which means our fighters were in the air in under three minutes. Great job to our pilots and support staff!

Maxo, please, before you post some Google translated document, chech it thoroughly. There are untranslated or missinterpreted words. Or should I?
    No hard feelings, bro!

After so many years, still there is not a single ballistic or even a plain combat vest ordered by MOD in a new green digital pattern .
    Shame on them ! not even for photo ops like this one,
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/k5lz5.jpg[/IMG]
    where will the soldiers keep his spare magazines in a backpack or pockets

Another good news that I forgot to mention is that Kotromanović said that both he personally and the Government want to keep our fighter capability. The same statement is on MoD's website, so I guess that can be considered official policy.

http://www.vjesnik.hr/Article.aspx?I...F-68B8FE3A0EE2

Keeping our fighters means that we'll probably acquire several MiG-21s from Ukraine and update them as well as extend the life of our operational jets. I wrote about that a few pages back. They'll then fly on for another decade or so when the economy will recover enough to acquire a substantial number of new fighters.

I heard from a colleague that the Air Force wants at least 24 fighters, with 36 being optimal. This is due to Croatia having over twice as much airspace (113,680 square kilometers) as land area, and the complicated layout of the country itself. By comparison, Serbia has 88,361 square kilometers. Of course, those numbers are not possible in todays economical and, more so, political climate.

SATNIK, I think they just got their as*es in gear and slowly started deploying VHS to Guards Brigades, hoepfully ballistic vests will come next. Until that is done, our troops will manage with the old woodland combat vests.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice^^^^^^^^^^^
    -The first armed Patria BOV out of D.D. factory finally.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/k1b72s.jpg[/IMG]
    Lets hope to see, as soon as possible, HV plates on them.
    And cross Our fingers to buy a few 40mm GMG for Protector RWS that would be at least a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by SATNIK View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice^^^^^^^^^^^
    -The first armed Patria BOV out of D.D. factory finally.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/k1b72s.jpg[/IMG]
    Lets hope to see, as soon as possible, HV plates on them.
    And cross Our fingers to buy a few 40mm GMG for Protector RWS that would be at least a good start.
    Unfortunately no. It is probably same vehicle we already seen in 2011 (picture below)

[CENTER][*******#000000][FONT=Lucida Grande]At the factory's test site [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Lucida Grande]Kindrovo [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Lucida Grande]near Slavonski Brod, Kosor and her associates attended a practical demonstration of armored combat vehicle armored AMV 8X8[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Tvo things:
    saying that Croatia vould retain fighter capablities doesn't mean that it vould retain same fighter that actually as, only that it vould keep to have supersonic fighters in its ovn order of battle, so according to that they can also order other tipe of aircrafts.
    For vhat I have understood Patria was and would be delivered in the basic unarmed version to the army and would be upgraded directly on army location.
    Ones in picture are probably the used for trials in Slavonski Brod.
    74 patrias completed is quite a good number however.

No, there's no political will to order new fighters now, that's why additional MiG-21s will be acquired from Ukraine. Insider info, hope it doesn't change.

The Air Force is playing it smart, they hope that in 10 years, the situation will recover enough to order new fighters, ideally 36 of them. They also hope to reactivate the underground facility at Split Airport in the next couple of years. and base another QRA flight there, because fighters from Pleso can't respond to a threat in southern Croatia on time.

I wonder why none of those Patrias have been delivered to the Army. I guess they want to deliver all 126 in a single batch. Funny seeing them with civilian plates though. Almost seems like you could take them for a ride around town

According to wha reported by Maxo , they have been delivered, but in basic form and without armaments, so they would be upgraded directly in army depots.

Quote Originally Posted by Demostant View Post
    Unfortunately no. It is probably same vehicle we already seen in 2011 (picture below)

This is not the same Patria, view rear , has a registration plate and a yellow light
    Last edited by maxo100; 01-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.

So far, the Army received 64 BOV Patria and stored them in a barracks in Petrinja, in the next few days we will take another 10 vehicles. These vehicles are accepted only for safekeeping, and not on operational use because it is a base vehicle with no built-in basic equipment. Members of the Guards Motorised Brigade who have completed training for instructors, mechanics and drivers will soon begin conditioning and maintenance. Thus, the 17 fully equipped combat vehicles with station 12.7 mm should be phased into a brigade to March this year, and are intended to equip the company for motorized EUBG II/2012. The Company would have to spend training and national certification in March, while in April the command of a platoon and company will be referred to the practice in Germany. In addition, it is estimated that one water company, and participate in MVV Immediate response in late May and early June, before the EUBG enters stand-by period of first July Given the brevity of time, and complexity of training, we asked that we be allocated for the training base vehicles that will return as soon as you arrive equipped vehicles EUBG.

Default Careful with translator!

I think "water company" is a mistranslation for Lead company

http://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/josip...-clanak-370086

Ivo Josipovic, defence minister Ante Kotromanović and Chief of General Staff Lieutenant General Drago Lovric met at the "working lunch" with 14 former military and security officials in the light of announced changes in the defence law, as well for the analysis of the current state of the defense system and its strategic development, to exchange opinions, advices and views of a much wider "base" of professional people.

Josipovic, with "think tanks" of this kind hodls important to develop a defense system of the country "out of politics."

At the meeting were ministers, the heads of defence or their deputies, Petar Kriste, Martin Špegelj, Luka Bebić, Andrija Hebrang, Pavao Miljavac, Jozo Radoš, Željka Antunović, Antun Tus, Petar Stipetić, Imra Agotić, Josip Lucić, Višnja Tafra, Slavko Baric and Zlatko Gareljić.
    These meetings are expected to become traditional and will be held several times a year.

Thumbs up for this, aside the fact that some of mentioned names have strayed into seat of defence minister during past two decades but there are also some retired army generals names that have weight in the field.
    With Tus and Agotić as Air Force officers and Špegelj, Stipetić, Miljavac as Army officers one can expect that advice will be:
    keep fighter component scrambling and able.

If anyone here has that info - was there any thought how will OSRH Patria APC be called? We have polish Rosomak, slovene Svarun..
    with Kotromanović as minister probaly Pauk will be on the top of the list - in honor of legendary tank commander of 4th Guards Brg

Excellent, I hope MoD will give a more detailed report on the topics discussed and conclusions made.

Regarding Patria AMV, I'm afraid they'll just keep calling them Patrias and no official name will ever be given. Or they'll call them something generic like MOV (Modularno oklopno vozilo, Croatian for AMV).