Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLiS View Post
    From the first post, that a few members have ignored:

[/B][/INDENT]
    In which tread exactly? Here it is generally very quiet.

In this one but that posts are removed

Ok, i've not noticed them.

On more serious matter, I've seen on Otvoreno a issue regarding Morh: regarding new figthers they said that the Mig 21 will be available for another three years, their avaliability rate it is atm about 70-78% (8-9 over 12) but that it's time to begin with selecting new ones as the introduction on service would take some time.
    On the model choice, all agreed (as have to be aspected) over the fact that considering the not so-stringent requested mission and the bad economical situation the leasing of used f-16 from Usa it appear the most favourableif not the only affordable solution.
    On my opinion there was too much worries about the actual economic crisis, in a long standing matter like defence acquisition plans , but as far it is a common trait of all croatians as for now, it is quite understandable.

Ok, i've not noticed them.
    One of those was mine, first actually, but in no way it referred to events prior to year 2000. It was only bit skeptical regarding prospects of certain cooperation agreements in the WB region.
    What followed my post I don't know..

As for Otvoreno: bloody disaster
    Retired general Ćosić speaks of Patria deal as unnecessarily expensive, speaks of very few Patria APC present in Afghanistan (like we're buying them for abroad missions, not for our own defense), and says that 50 used APC would be enough.. .
    Retired general Tus was more or less right about the new fighter jets buy..

But thru all discussion in Otvoreno, a disturbing thought leaned in the air: we're in NATO today, they'll defend us.
    That is how the MORH powers that be obviously see the future, with firemen air force and obsolete navy, ground army focused on abroad peacekeeping missions only.

In Otvoreno we did learn that fighter wing will not be abolish! But that new jets are to expensive and 4+ generation is to much for us
    That Ćosić is truly a Moron.

Gen.Tus gave a great news that Mi 24 is in -trofejno oružije stanju- wich mean they can still fly if in need,some of them,but considering peace missions of HRZ they are retired.

Karlont be so pesimistic,the good news is they wont abolish any of the plans so far,only monay is a problem for Patria armament(126 pcs)but some will come untill 2015 so I think its allright, how the jellow pages wright about CAF this is complete opposite.
    The crises will pass soner or later.

Some nice action fotage of VHS in Slunj training grounds.
    http://www.hrt.hr/?id=enz&tx_ttnews[cat]=119 Start at 13.00 Dnevnik from 27.05.2010

Quote Originally Posted by SATNIK View Post
    Karl dont be so pesimistic,the good news is they wont abolish any of the plans so far,only monay is a problem for Patria armament(126 pcs)but some will come untill 2015 so I think its allright, how the jellow pages wright about CAF this is complete opposite.
    The crises will pass soner or later.
    When you see that Ćosić talking such nonsenses - you have to be pessimist. Obviously the time has run him over, unlike Tus who is much older but sees that F16 block 25 is still newer plane than MiG 21 which is counting its final days of safe usage in HRZ.

Now, a few pictures

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

article (in croatian only) is not so good but there is a nice gallery, click on the picture to see it

http://www.tportal.hr/vijesti/hrvats...a-igracka.html

[SIZE=1]U izjavi novinarima nakon obilaska predsjednik Josipović kazao je kako je zadovoljan viđenim. O nabavci novih zrakoplova u vrijeme ekonomske krize kazao je kako su oni 'skupa igračka' i da treba postupiti racionalno, prilagoditi se okolnostima. 'Najbolje bi bilo kupiti nove zrakoplove, ali ako to nećemo moći naći ćemo rješenje u sklopu NATO saveza. U svakom slučaju hrvatsko će nebo biti sigurno', naglasio je predsjednik Josipović.[/SIZE]
    Translated into plain English - we will let someone else to do air policing over Croatia.

What fascinates is that some other countries not so far from us, whose economical situation is even worse than ours are not prepared to write off its air force so easily. And I'm not referring only to Serbia here as some might think, Romania, Bulgaria, they're both affected with crisis, also NATO members, close to two very well armed NATO partners, Greece and Turkey and still they will have their own fighter planes.

Croatia is not big country but it is also not so small to abandon the fighting component of air force.
    But when commander in chief calls it expensive toys then no wonder you become a pessimist.

Banned user

Well, when the CinC is piano player, its actually comforting to hear that. Given his background, its impossible for him to correctly evaluate anything remotely connected with the military, so its more than likely that anything he predicts about the military will turn out exactly opposite.

I dont think that scenario is possible this is just more of the jellov press talk.Block 25 is more like it and new jet is abandon as it seams.No way will abolishing HRZ pass so easy, even if your name is Ivo Josipović.

Is this the second Africancroatian in Croatian Armed Forces

HRZ

Quote Originally Posted by SATNIK View Post
    I dont think that scenario is possible this is just more of the jellov press talk.Block 25 is more like it and new jet is abandon as it seams.No way will abolishing HRZ pass so easy, even if your name is Ivo Josipović.

Is this the second Africancroatian in Croatian Armed Forces

HRZ
    [SIZE=7]Finally! [/SIZE][SIZE=2]VHS-es in a consistent quantity![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]About what Ćosić said, it was quite a nonsense , but there is something factual in it.[/SIZE]
    One of the best advantages that membership in Nato has it is the possibility of getting second-hand but functional military ecquipment at a fraction of cost.
    So it is good that Croatia has an alternative to self production only and/or an buy all abroad model.
    Problem it is not rely too much on a single model, but instead find an optimal mix between them.
    So we would have licence build Patria, all national made patrol boats and lend leased F-16 block 25.
    Dare to say that for those that what would be the back bone ecquipment of every armed forces single branch of service it's quite a good mix.

Rumor has it.... no, actually it's official that our good friends from Minnesota National Guard will get newer version of F-16 from the Spangdahlem air base in Germany
    http://www.f-16.net/news_article4070.html

The six aircraft are the first of 21 that will depart the base. The remainder of the aircraft will depart in increments scheduled to be complete by the end of May as part of Combat Air Force Restructuring. Twenty aircraft will transition to the 148th Fighter Wing, Minnesota Air National Guard, Duluth, Minn., while one F-16 will transfer to Edwards Air Force Base in California.

The newer block 50 F-16s departing Spangdahlem will replace older aircraft at these installations.

"The airplanes that are leaving here are not retiring; they're replacing older airplanes that will retire..."
    And knowing that Minnesotan ANG will have certain number of F-16C/D block 25 to lease or perhaps donate ... maybe all is not lost for combat component of HRZ.
    These are soon to be retired Minnesotan jets:

Last edited by Karl Agathon; 05-30-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    [SIZE=7]Finally! [/SIZE][SIZE=2]VHS-es in a consistent quantity![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    And what consistant quanity did you see? I saw the whole show, couldn't count even 100 VHS
    video of the parade can be found here: http://www.morh.hr/

Quote Originally Posted by S-lash View Post
    And what consistant quanity did you see? I saw the whole show, couldn't count even 100 VHS
    video of the parade can be found here: http://www.morh.hr/
    Nonetheless, VHS is being slowly but surely introduced into OSRH.
    How many rifles were on the last years celebration? Ten at the most.
    Fact is that HV for some years now marches without arms on such occasions, on Armed Forces Day, on Statehood Day, on Victory Day... all with empty hands.. not so cool but it is so.
    Even voluntary servicemen in Požega baracks will pass the VHS training eventhoguh it certainly will not be their main aassault rifle.

Besides, HS Produkt is still developing the rifle, that is the main purpose of the first delivered batch..

my comment was directed just to the "consistent" quantity of which marcellogo was shouting across the entire internet - not the development, quality, duration of introduction in HV, or anything else your post is referring to. Just "consistent" quantity

Your post was actually unnecessary