Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIsLife View Post
    Nice pics gents......

Is that an honour wall for fallen troops? If so from the Independance war or?
    Yes, it is.

Teaching-demonstration held by GOMBR.
    The main exercise participants were members of the Tank Battalion Kuna and GOMBR Reconnaissance Company.

Banned user

Now that's more like it! VOBs in from the water. Someone should put this on wikipedia, Hrvatski Vojnik allows it.

I noticed something about the barrels of the VHSs. Besides the D and K models, I think there is at least one rifle with a barrel lenght in between. Specifically, on the last photo, combat swimmer on the right with NVG. Compare with other rifles on the photos. Am I just seeing things or?

yeah i notice it too. the guy on the right has a skinny longer barrel but the guy on the left has a thicker shorter barrel??? I am looking at the 2nd last picture and the last picture.

>>>>

Interesting picture of the APS-95

Last edited by Ivi; 09-11-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Default Balls of steel

Honor Guard Battalion

Officer of HGB Ivica Čukušić; together with his colleague Robert Erhardt, a member of the international expedition "Luke pit 2010", which was carried out in late July and early August. Their diving was part of a major goal: to reach deeper than the known depth of 1392 meters, recorded back in 1994.

Diving in caves or cave diving is the culmination of diving skills and thus most dangerous dive. Specifically, diving in caves appear four aggravating conditions. These are the temperatures lower than 12 C, visibility (darkness) is less than 1 meter, current faster than 1m/s indoor pool.

Luka's cave, the deepest in Croatia, has not been fully explored. Depth is more than 1400 meters, is located in the inhospitable terrain, and its bottom is filled with water. Descent into the abyss of its research and all its secrets requires expertise, knowledge, physical fitness, but also courage. The last feature is especially required of cavedivers, those who go to the bottom, under water, in the darkest, claustrophobic and often unknown areas. Most of us it is hard to imagine, but when talking to a lieutenant Ivica Ćukušić all together not look too hard.
    Believe me, it is difficult.

Luke's Cave is named after Ozren Lukic - Luka, Croatian soldier who died in the war as a member of the Velebit mountain battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by RibaRo View Post
    There is no pictures of Naval Infantry battalion since it isn't formed yet. According to the MOD plans, this btn will be formed after construction of new Naval Base Detachment South.
    Thanx for info...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post

Is this the special Mil Intel Battalion (Reconnaissance special forces)??

Banned user

Yes, our recon troopers. Vojno-obaviještajna bojna, deep surveillance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibnub View Post
    Is this the special Mil Intel Battalion (Reconnaissance special forces)??

Is there maybe some information or photo Croatian Coguar in Afghanistan.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Banned user

Good to see that we have a combat swimmers badge, but I hope this is just provisional until the real one gets designed. Because the airborne wings, basic ones at that, are US Army's. At least the rest isn't a carbon copy as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post
    Are they paratroppers also??

Are they paratroopers too??