Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

  1. #2761
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SATNIK View Post
    So news that was put out by our media that we dont have new junior pilots turn out jet again-False.
    i was at the pilot testing 1 year ago, and then really no one passed the medical exam

  2. #2762
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Mig-29 burns much more fuel than f-16.

    You should train hard on planes you have, learn about maintenance of them and this will give profits in the future for Croatia as a NATO partner.

    Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    To Gottluft
    Frankly: between 10 years , when f-35 and PAK-FA derivates will be available in good numbers, also the most sofisticated of actual 4.5 gen fighters will be totally obsolete, so...

    Problem it is that CAF needs these fighters NOW, in any other case I think that the best choice for any potential fighters buyers atm would be only one: wait for the 5th gen.

  3. #2763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misyu44 View Post
    Mig-29 burns much more fuel than f-16.

    You should train hard on planes you have, learn about maintenance of them and this will give profits in the future for Croatia as a NATO partner.
    We have for the last 10 years and we can't any more since they are falling apart.

  4. #2764
    Member SATNIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EU Kohorta Hrvatska
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post
    We have for the last 10 years and we can't any more since they are falling apart.
    I asked around a bit and I got completely opposite ansver: since their overhaul in 2003 MiGs where regularly and periodically maintained and the biggest problem is that the shelf life on paper is to cease but, that the aircraft could still withstand use in HRZ.
    Not a single MiG was withdrawn from use but do a regular maintenance but Now do the savings only regular tasks of HRZ are in air, there are no more joy rides and anniversary flights are cut from the list of tasks.


  5. #2765

    Default

    Then why was it that last year at the armed forced day, a Mig that did a fly by, fell apart(not the whole aircraft)

  6. #2766
    Member SATNIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EU Kohorta Hrvatska
    Posts
    834

    Default

    If it did fall apart he would not land in normal order,You mean the media story with the farmer saw MiG fall apart and peaces fall in his field,but the army come and pick them up so they could not film that(like some Croatian Roswell crew)and then the story goes we need new fighters but we are poor how un fear bull.I did not say it did not have some sort of bumpy ride but hell that is to much; fell apart common?! Till HRZ figure out what it was they ground them not to flay over crowd,big dill.

    This pic is from 2004 .Do You think that in just 6 years they can fly, and will fall apart even do they dont fly them so much at all?

  7. #2767
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Sorry,

    I didn't make myself clear.

    I said that mig29 burns more fuel than f16, so for more or less same money pilots can have more flight hours. Therefore I think it is nice opportunity for Croatian air force to have highly trained pilots that can perform tasks in NATO machines. I assume that upgrade from block 25 to 52 or even to f35 or any other similar gen. fighter jet construction won't be a big deal for this operators.

    I visited plant that service mig29 engines here in Poland.

    PS.
    My heart cries when I read about Slav vs Slav, Croatian vs Serbian antagonism. It's unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post
    We have for the last 10 years and we can't any more since they are falling apart.

  8. #2768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misyu44 View Post
    Sorry,

    I didn't make myself clear.

    I said that mig29 burns more fuel than f16, so for more or less same money pilots can have more flight hours. Therefore I think it is nice opportunity for Croatian air force to have highly trained pilots that can perform tasks in NATO machines. I assume that upgrade from block 25 to 52 or even to f35 or any other similar gen. fighter jet construction won't be a big deal for this operators.

    I visited plant that service mig29 engines here in Poland.

    PS.
    My heart cries when I read about Slav vs Slav, Croatian vs Serbian antagonism. It's unnecessary.
    We don't care, and second thats not the topic here period.

  9. #2769

    Default

    No **** sherlock, yes they could since they are well beyond their flying service, and the airframe is already old.

    Fabrication?? whatever you say.
    Last edited by Ivi; 09-06-2010 at 12:49 PM.

  10. #2770
    Member SATNIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EU Kohorta Hrvatska
    Posts
    834

    Default


    .......................................

  11. #2771
    Member Muc91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    627

    Default


    HiRes

    HiRes


    KFOR rotation - 5th HRVCON deployed for a 4-month tour.
    HiRes

  12. #2772
    Member Muc91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Here's some more photos, airforce and cadets during basic training.









  13. #2773
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Split
    Posts
    33

    Default

    The venerable Mi-8! The two oldest helicopters in CAF service, Mi-8T, still going strong, used for transport, MEDEVAC, firefighting... you name it!




    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  14. #2774
    Member SATNIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EU Kohorta Hrvatska
    Posts
    834
    Last edited by SATNIK; 09-09-2010 at 10:23 AM.

  15. #2775
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    361

    Default

    I can't make sense of the yellow lettering on the back of their helmets. Anyone have a clue?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •