Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibnub View Post
    Ok. But one more question....which airborne units does Croatia have, except the BSD?
    This is your last wiki question wright..marines,airborne..?You should browse thru this Thread really.
    BSD,VOb,MP SC,Guards Recon,plus more
    eaglefox gave You a good ansver We dont have units but men from Guards Brigade go thrue airborne training;Gardijsko Desantno Pješaštvo G.D.P but They are not active unit as far I know they just train man from all Armed Forces Republic Croatia (OS RH)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefox View Post
    Yes. Every special forces operator in Croatian Armed Forces, has to be airborne qualified. All SF operators have to make at least 12 parachute jumps per year, and members of airborne companies are required to do up to 30 jumps per month.

Speaking of which, what's the name of BSD's 1st Company, Airborne? I'm asking because of the SzGiATB designation of their CT company so I assume other companies have similar names.
    Hi,
    I don't wanna be offense, but I doubt that 30 jumps per MONTH is required for a paratrooper. As an ex-Paratrooper of the German Army, I made it only to 44 jumps in 5 years. The rule in the German army was 5 jumps per year to keep your license, we were also not allowed to do more than three jumps per day.
    Jumping from a plane/helicopter is also a big cost factor, as you have to pay the operating hours of the machine and every MoD is looking to save money.
    Maybe there is a difference for free fall jumps, but again this would mean +300 jumps per year, what would result in near to no other training then jumps.

F_K

Banned user

Depending on individual number of jumps, they can do up to 10 per day. Usually, they have 3-5 jump days per month, with 3-6 jumps per day. I'm a civilian parachutist and I make around 15 jumps per month. Remember that these guys are airborne commandos, Croatia's best, not just paratroopers. I assume you weren't in KSK?

They jump primarily from Mi-171s, whose aircrews get a lot of flight time. Remember that dropping paras is flight training for the pilots too.

Will that be AMV's new camo?

Depending on individual number of jumps, they can do up to 10 per day. Usually, they have 3-5 jump days per month, with 3-6 jumps per day. I'm a civilian parachutist and I make around 15 jumps per month. Remember that these guys are airborne commandos, Croatia's best, not just paratroopers. I assume you weren't in KSK?
    Thanks for clearing this out.
    No, I was not in the KSK, only regular Falschirmjäger.

They jump primarily from Mi-171s, whose aircrews get a lot of flight time. Remember that dropping paras is flight training for the pilots too.
    I remember very well that the pilots sometimes did some funny things for training.
    Like Konturenflug (contour flight?? don't know the correct english word)

Our is just plain green. Above pic of AMV 6x6 is not from Croatian army, just testing.

Banned user

No problem! I have a great deal of respect for Falschirmjägers. You guys know how to kick ass. Konturenflug is called nap-of-earth flying in english and yeah, that's quite something. Takes a lot of skill to do it properly.

About AMVs, does anyone know if they started distributing them to units?

Quote Originally Posted by SATNIK View Post
    This is your last wiki question wright..marines,airborne..?You should browse thru this Thread really.
    BSD,VOb,MP SC,Guards Recon,plus more
    eaglefox gave You a good ansver We dont have units but men from Guards Brigade go thrue airborne training;Gardijsko Desantno Pješaštvo G.D.P but They are not active unit as far I know they just train man from all Armed Forces Republic Croatia (OS RH)

1. First of all thank you for your reply.
    2. Please dont give me that crap about wiki here and there - questions. I simply asked, because I didn´t find any info about the mariens and paratroopers on this thread or even anywhere else on the net.

No problem! I have a great deal of respect for Falschirmjägers. You guys know how to kick ass. Konturenflug is called nap-of-earth flying in english and yeah, that's quite something. Takes a lot of skill to do it properly.

About AMVs, does anyone know if they started distributing them to units?
    I don't think the AMV's are going to be distributed until they fully equip them.

Squadron of fighter planes from 91st Air Base of Croatian Air Force will participate together with pilots of USAF 31st FW (Fighter Wing) / 555 FS (Fighter Squadron) in aeronautical exercise "Adriatic Sword 2010".
    Flight exercises will be carried out from 7th to 10th of September above Lika and Velebit area and two aircraft of MIG-21 and two F-16 will participate in exercises.

Do you have hires for this mig pic?

Default A solved mistery...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivi View Post

Now we know why we had not saw the VHS for such a long period in hands of croatian soldiers: they kept them under water!

Ok, i'm joking but you are rigth, there is almost a non-standard vhs in the lot , not only the barrel but also the pressure valve seems to protrude from the weapons body more than usual.

"Black Bear 10"
    Is the name of the international military exercise to be held in the Republic of Croatia from September 13 to 22, 2010 on "Gasinci" military training ground near Djakovo and in "Dracice" Barracks in Djakovo. Approximately 350 members of military police, as part of the NATO project of Multinational Military Police Battalion (MNMPBAT), from Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic and Republic of Poland.

Because Croatian MOD media section is unable to publish a few photos, if they were not politicians there , most of these pictures I post thanks to Polish and Czech MOD media.
    Last edited by SATNIK; 09-18-2010 at 02:55 PM.

FPS 117 Radar site croatia

Day of the Croatian War Navy (HRM) and 19 anniversary of its founding ceremony marked the 18th September in Ploce.

pic from Lora