Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

  1. #3961
    Member Muc91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Take your childish discussion elsewhere.

  2. #3962

    Default

    Oh no, not another time.
    Please, Gottluft and the Visitors don't keep on with that behavior.

    I personally wouldn't dedicate more than some minutes worrying about the way Croatian neighbors, north or south, would decide to organize their own air policing mission,

    Right on, marcellogo

    Let us keep this thread open, shall we?

    It is not our concern how any of the neighboring countries will organize protection of its own air space (and vice versa, of course) nor it is important will eventual procurement of Phantoms for HRZ in those countries be met with jealously or condescending.

    Focus on Croatia, our problems, our needs. Forget everything else while in this thread.

  3. #3963
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Agathon View Post
    Focus on Croatia, our problems, our needs. Forget everything else while in this thread.
    I'll quote you the next time someone starts mentioning neighbouring countries.
    Last edited by Detective; 06-30-2011 at 03:56 PM.

  4. #3964
    Future Dumbarse Dunion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muc91 View Post
    Battalion
    true. don't know why i wrote "pukovnija". could be hangover though :P

  5. #3965
    Senior Member Nebelwerfer.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    MLRS practice:




















  6. #3966
    Member SATNIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EU Kohorta Hrvatska
    Posts
    871

    Default

    ^^^^
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/34i4ejd.jpg[/IMG]
    Fire Direction Centre more info: http://www.aalan.hr/Product-Catalogu...-SYS-2000.aspx

  7. #3967

    Default

    Awesome photos

  8. #3968

    Default



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  9. #3969
    Field Marshal Smartass Sousuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Agathon View Post
    Pros:
    - this is not a purchase but donation though nothing is for free
    - safer option than non certain purchase of Falcons with two or three other countries
    - if this is transitional solution on the way towards Eurofighter in next decade - thumbs up
    - respectable arsenal of weaponry (if that is going to be donated)

    Cons:
    - planes are old, no doubt about that, but old saying goes: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
    - possible threat that inept politicians see this as long term solution

    Obviously their donation was not so donating after all

    In the end, better Phantom than nothing, and if that plane is still satisfying Japanese, South Korean, Greek and Turkish airforce, we could have it on Croatian skies for this decade.
    But not a day longer.
    I agree on the "better the phantoms then nothing" notion - I'm just curious about spare parts and maintenance work needed to keep those birds flying. Even if they come for free, theres a lot to spend on - the cost of crew and technician training, weapon costs, spares, etc.

    And about satisfaction - the F4 was, and still is an respectable plane, I have no doubts there. My problem with them is their age. Also, keep in mind that those air forces had them operational for quite a while and have and are familiar with all the necessities to keep them in the air.

    Anyway, aside from all that - no matter how things work out, I bet the pilots will be more then happy for this. The HRV is in dire need of "new" planes.

    ---

    Thanks for the pictures guys Keep em coming!

  10. #3970
    Member F_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany, Saarland
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Some Pictures I made two weeks ago when there was a training/ airshow next to Divulje base.
    I also have a video, but it's hard to see anything when the planes are over the airbase.
    For the first 20 minutes a Airtractor, a helicopter and a Canadair were picked up water and were emptying the tanks over the base.
    After this 5 Canadair and five Airtractors flew over the base and let it rain in one go.









    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  11. #3971
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default Quote!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
    I agree on the "better the phantoms then nothing" notion - I'm just curious about spare parts and maintenance work needed to keep those birds flying. Even if they come for free, theres a lot to spend on - the cost of crew and technician training, weapon costs, spares, etc.

    And about satisfaction - the F4 was, and still is an respectable plane, I have no doubts there. My problem with them is their age. Also, keep in mind that those air forces had them operational for quite a while and have and are familiar with all the necessities to keep them in the air.

    Anyway, aside from all that - no matter how things work out, I bet the pilots will be more then happy for this. The HRV is in dire need of "new" planes.
    I Agree with most part of both your opinions, for what I remember germans airplanes still have a quite consistent remaining lifetime, about 8-10 years after their dismissal from Luftwaffe.
    Problems would spring from maintenance, training, worktime needded to keep them operative.

    A great part of these cost would certainly grow as time go by and airplanes would getting older.
    Yet my main cons about is the sheer caracteristic of them: F4 are heavy fighters of same exact category of their successors F-15 and F-22, thus absolutely oversized for croatian needs (like a frigate for patrolling the Danube) and with the additional drawback to need a crew of two to operate.

    Well, I know that german version was somewhat shortened and downsized, more for enhance dogfighting performances than for cost reasons, but from pictures i have seen it is still HUGE beast , expecially if compared with tiny fishbed or gripen

  12. #3972

    Default

    Don't forget they use the same radar as the F-18's

    granted its not the perfect solution since it is pretty old.

  13. #3973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F_K View Post
    Some Pictures I made two weeks ago when there was a training/ airshow next to Divulje base.
    I also have a video, but it's hard to see anything when the planes are over the airbase.
    For the first 20 minutes a Airtractor, a helicopter and a Canadair were picked up water and were emptying the tanks over the base.
    After this 5 Canadair and five Airtractors flew over the base and let it rain in one go.










    Thanks for sharing !

  14. #3974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcellogo View Post
    I Agree with most part of both your opinions, for what I remember germans airplanes still have a quite consistent remaining lifetime, about 8-10 years after their dismissal from Luftwaffe.
    Problems would spring from maintenance, training, worktime needded to keep them operative.

    A great part of these cost would certainly grow as time go by and airplanes would getting older.
    Yet my main cons about is the sheer caracteristic of them: F4 are heavy fighters of same exact category of their successors F-15 and F-22, thus absolutely oversized for croatian needs (like a frigate for patrolling the Danube) and with the additional drawback to need a crew of two to operate.

    Well, I know that german version was somewhat shortened and downsized, more for enhance dogfighting performances than for cost reasons, but from pictures i have seen it is still HUGE beast , expecially if compared with tiny fishbed or gripen
    Not sucha a drawback if HRZ starts to feature female officers as seen in Richthofen :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8kjzkpR2M

    Plus, this as easy one day could be east Adriatic shoreline (outside the tourist season, )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3qh6X6SjU
    Last edited by Karl Agathon; 07-01-2011 at 10:44 AM.

  15. #3975

    Default

    how about we focus on what we do have and not what we could have. For example any news of our defense industry, or current modernization.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •