Thread: Croatian Military Pictures! - Read the first post carefully!

Oh no, not another time.
    Please, Gottluft and the Visitors don't keep on with that behaviour.

I personally woudn't dedicate more than some minutes worring about the way croatian neightbours, north or south, would decide to organize their own air policing mission, maybe I would keep some little more concern about Serbia assuming that it is still a not-western aligned country, but also in that case possibilities of a direct confrontation are absolutely fantastic.

Slovenians would be altogether more than happy about Croatia having a proper air force, considering that this way all of their borders are covered by an allied, thus permitting them to keep on with a purely simbolic air police.

So, please again, let's back to real tecnical discussion about F4f choice.

I think Germany also use FSP-117 radars so we should not have a problem with that

My favorite:

Saab JAS39 Gripen 2011 Varaždin,Croatia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBci00qf04
    One more, must see
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jzk...mbedded#at=116
    Last edited by SATNIK; 06-30-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GottLuft View Post
    No it has air to air missiles like AIM-120, AIM 7 OR 9, unlike PC-9 with piston enige armed with some 57 mm unguided rockets.
    Just for information, PC9s are upgraded to carry also AIM missiles. But in practice, SAF has no such armament.

Otherwise, the one showing 'complex' is you. Nobody is jelaous nor frightened for you getting F4s.
    I just find your behaviour childish - speaking of how to control all the Balkan airspace with the state-of-art technology installed in state-of-art upgraded (yet still old) Phantoms, while there is not even one document signed that you will ever even get to see these "new" aircrafts.

Besides - if you think you need new fighters mainly for show-off, you're truly a child.

Quote Originally Posted by GottLuft View Post
    No it has air to air missiles like AIM-120, AIM 7 OR 9, unlike PC-9 with piston enige armed with some 57 mm unguided rockets.

yes, pathological there isn't any forum that you don't use trying to bull***** Croatia you're just obsessed with us and looking on us like on the biggest enemy who wants to destroy you but you don't realize that you're totally wrong, but I understand that, it's inferiority complex.

Jealous that those F-4F will fly close to your border and maybe sometimes even enter inside like we did with MIG-21 but we'll try to not drop too much of smoke because F-4 is very famous because of its dirty engine and powerful sound and yea jealous that your country will still keep to fly on 11 PC-9s.

Scrap ? F-4F satisfied countries like Japan, Greece, Turkey etc so they probably don't think it's a scrap. In combination with AIM-120 , AIM-7 or AIM-9 and FSP-117 radar it'll still be space technology towards your air force with 11 pc-9s

SO ? what's wrong with that ? unlike your country we're giving the best we can to keep our war-aviation operative, I don't see anything bad in taking donations from our allies , F-4F will be great fighter until we buy some new generation fighter for 5-7 years.

Really ? okay we could get "some" aim-9 for free, but what prevent us to buy AIM-120 from Germany ? yea maybe we'll not get those missiles for free but we can buy them , AIM-120 will definitely be for sale because German Eurofighters will get METEOR. Also I don't believe we could have problems with US government because we're part of NATO, playing important rule in NATO and have excellent political and military relationship with United States.

F-4F is modernized version of F-4 with new and better electronics and avionics, there is no doubt make them operative together with FSP-117 will not be space technology science.
    Don't worry about our political elections, air-force and military is strategic and national interests of all normal countries over the world, and it will not be about what my or some other political party think.

Take care dude, I hope soon we'll visit some air-show in Slovenia with our F-4F, it would be great.[/QUOTE]

Why flaming dear neighbor?
    I really like phantoms, one of the best there ever was.
    doesnt matter if they're old, you can't compete with west anyway.Nobody in balkans can...
    Now seeing those classic US jets in HRZ colors is definitly a nice thing to see.
    Just be happy you got 'em cheap, or you would like your gov to spend your money on sth it doesnt really need (brdo love)
    I think you have some serious issues, like inferiority complex or sth..seeing this news as show-off. Very childish...

Take your childish discussion elsewhere.

Oh no, not another time.
    Please, Gottluft and the Visitors don't keep on with that behavior.

I personally wouldn't dedicate more than some minutes worrying about the way Croatian neighbors, north or south, would decide to organize their own air policing mission,

Right on, marcellogo

Let us keep this thread open, shall we?

It is not our concern how any of the neighboring countries will organize protection of its own air space (and vice versa, of course) nor it is important will eventual procurement of Phantoms for HRZ in those countries be met with jealously or condescending.

Focus on Croatia, our problems, our needs. Forget everything else while in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Agathon View Post
    Focus on Croatia, our problems, our needs. Forget everything else while in this thread.
    I'll quote you the next time someone starts mentioning neighbouring countries.
    Last edited by Detective; 06-30-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muc91 View Post
    Battalion
    true. don't know why i wrote "pukovnija". could be hangover though :P

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

MLRS practice:

^^^^
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/34i4ejd.jpg[/IMG]
    Fire Direction Centre more info: http://www.aalan.hr/Product-Catalogu...-SYS-2000.aspx

Awesome photos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Agathon View Post
    Pros:
    - this is not a purchase but donation though nothing is for free
    - safer option than non certain purchase of Falcons with two or three other countries
    - if this is transitional solution on the way towards Eurofighter in next decade - thumbs up
    - respectable ****nal of weaponry (if that is going to be donated)

Cons:
    - planes are old, no doubt about that, but old saying goes: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
    - possible threat that inept politicians see this as long term solution

Obviously their donation was not so donating after all

In the end, better Phantom than nothing, and if that plane is still satisfying Japanese, South Korean, Greek and Turkish airforce, we could have it on Croatian skies for this decade.
    But not a day longer.
    I agree on the "better the phantoms then nothing" notion - I'm just curious about spare parts and maintenance work needed to keep those birds flying. Even if they come for free, theres a lot to spend on - the cost of crew and technician training, weapon costs, spares, etc.

And about satisfaction - the F4 was, and still is an respectable plane, I have no doubts there. My problem with them is their age. Also, keep in mind that those air forces had them operational for quite a while and have and are familiar with all the necessities to keep them in the air.

Anyway, aside from all that - no matter how things work out, I bet the pilots will be more then happy for this. The HRV is in dire need of "new" planes.

---

Thanks for the pictures guys Keep em coming!

Some Pictures I made two weeks ago when there was a training/ airshow next to Divulje base.
    I also have a video, but it's hard to see anything when the planes are over the airbase.
    For the first 20 minutes a Airtractor, a helicopter and a Canadair were picked up water and were emptying the tanks over the base.
    After this 5 Canadair and five Airtractors flew over the base and let it rain in one go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	159252

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	159253

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	159251

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	159249

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	159254

Default Quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
    I agree on the "better the phantoms then nothing" notion - I'm just curious about spare parts and maintenance work needed to keep those birds flying. Even if they come for free, theres a lot to spend on - the cost of crew and technician training, weapon costs, spares, etc.

And about satisfaction - the F4 was, and still is an respectable plane, I have no doubts there. My problem with them is their age. Also, keep in mind that those air forces had them operational for quite a while and have and are familiar with all the necessities to keep them in the air.

Anyway, aside from all that - no matter how things work out, I bet the pilots will be more then happy for this. The HRV is in dire need of "new" planes.
    I Agree with most part of both your opinions, for what I remember germans airplanes still have a quite consistent remaining lifetime, about 8-10 years after their dismissal from Luftwaffe.
    Problems would spring from maintenance, training, worktime needded to keep them operative.

A great part of these cost would certainly grow as time go by and airplanes would getting older.
    Yet my main cons about is the sheer caracteristic of them: F4 are heavy fighters of same exact category of their successors F-15 and F-22, thus absolutely oversized for croatian needs (like a frigate for patrolling the Danube) and with the additional drawback to need a crew of two to operate.

Well, I know that german version was somewhat shortened and downsized, more for enhance dogfighting performances than for cost reasons, but from pictures i have seen it is still HUGE beast , expecially if compared with tiny fishbed or gripen