Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture posting of SOF personnel

Default Picture posting of SOF personnel

Guys,once again the PERSEC issue has been raised pertaining to this site about the posting of pics of SOF operators without permission,or against the wishes of particular forums.

It must stop immediately or there is a good chance Hood will recieve unwanted Government attention.If you have pics of SOF and you want to post them here,then I want either Deuterium or myself to be able to contact the owners of the pics to make sure it's ok to publish.

Spare me this crap about stuff on the internet is in the public domain,it's not public if you have to register and enter via a password!!!

What about pictures released from official military websites (i.e. Army.mil, USMC.mil, etc.)?

Yep if they're released officially then yes ok.

The problem this time lay in the ACU Green Beret thread,apparently the poster in a particular forum asked for the pics not to be posted elsewhere,that request was not heeded and they ended up being posted here,and once again I recieved an email from the owner of the pics asking that they be removed,he was pretty good about it,no real damage done!

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll
    Yep if they're released officially then yes ok.

The problem this time lay in the ACU Green Beret thread,apparently the poster in a particular forum asked for the pics not to be posted elsewhere,that request was not heeded and they ended up being posted here,and once again I recieved an email from the owner of the pics asking that they be removed,he was pretty good about it,no real damage done!
    Well I guess that settles the arguement as to wether or not they were airsofters, lol!

I don't understand, what's SOF and PERSEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Conga
    I don't understand, what's SOF and PERSEC?
    SOF = Special Operations Forces
    PERSEC = Personnel Security

Argyll,

What about my stuff? I have premission from the guys. I always ask which photos I can post, and which i can't. And they always tell me which faces need to be blurred. I get my photos directly from them, or take them myself.

Is that fine?

Quote Originally Posted by RomanS
    Argyll,

What about my stuff? I have premission from the guys. I always ask which photos I can post, and which i can't. And they always tell me which faces need to be blurred. I get my photos directly from them, or take them myself.

Is that fine?
    Check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Check your PM.
    Thank you Royal!

Cheers

This thread is a farce. I have repeatedly attempted to have unsecure photos of myself and fellow operators removed from this site and the claim was made the pics came from an open source. Other than the people in the pic, there were two other guys there when the pics were taken. Everyone at that location was either an operator, or our support guys. The excuse they were seen elsewhere doesn't fly. I guess it's okay to deal drugs, commit murder, and sell nuclear secrets since other people do it too. This thread sounds nice, but it is hypocritical as hell. It isn't Argyl's fault either since he tried to assist me in this. Just goes to show that in the end, being able to draw people to this site with pics of SOF personnel is more important than PERSEC.
    Last edited by Hatchetforce; 03-18-2006 at 10:42 AM.

I'm not saying I think people should violate PERSEC, but the lesson is: Don't post PERSEC violating pictures on any website, even your own, because it will get out and will end up on sites where you have no control over it. This site is just worse than some becasue you have people posting and viewing who know what they are looking for/at.

We are not sure how it happened. That pic wasn't posted by anyone in it, anywhere. the last time we had an issue it was this site and the pic was posted by a nephew of an operator on 523. The fact is it is up and damn well should be removed.

Which pic are you talking about?

You could try (maybe you already have) sending a PM to the person who posted it and request that he take it down.

The issue has been taken up the chain over Argyll. The guy above him is the problem. Also, I am getting the dodge over who posted it.

This is a good site, I hope everything gets ironed out over the whole pic thing. I guess this is the reason I don't post any pics on the web, to many problems.