Thread: Which BEER you are drinking right now/Which is your favourite? (Merged)

I like all kinds of haze FrankBooth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smileys View Post
    i don't drink
    Maybe you need to start.

This is one of the big dogs, just released on the 15th and gone without an hour or two at most stores. You are lucky to get one bottle, let alone the actual 4 pack (Consider this is a 12 fl oz bottle) I have 2 from 2010 release and may have more if I do some trading over beeradvocate. Probably one of the last places here to have it.

I am recently drinking this one from Hamburg. Matured on beechwood.

The colour is a clear redish-brown. Hence the name rotblond which translates to strawberry blond. It is not as heavy as the bavarian beers, but nevertheless has a decent and round taste. Not too watery and not too bitter. Pretty well balanced out but kind of expensive at 1,49€ a 0,5 bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by picanha the second View Post
    I am recently drinking this one from Hamburg. Matured on beechwood.

The colour is a clear redish-brown. Hence the name rotblond which translates to strawberry blond. It is not as heavy as the bavarian beers, but nevertheless has a decent and round taste. Not too watery and not too bitter. Pretty well balanced out but kind of expensive at 1,49€ a 0,5 bottle.
    That looks good. Though 1,49€ for 0,5 litre is kind of cheap from the Finnish POV.

As we can behave ourselves beer and alcohol is cheap in general Average beer prices range from 70 cent to 1€

But you can also have the very cheap ones they start at 39 cent for the half a liter bottle

It makes you drunk that's all...mostly younger folks without money buy that.

That Duckstein sounds interesting. However, I bet I'd like the Oettinger more for everyday drinking.

5,0 is actually very good for the price.
    I hate Öttinger

Beer labeled "gourmet". Bought it for the funny label.

I'm starting to like the taste of Newcastle Brown Ale. Kippis!

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. Seriously hoppy, very piney, delicious. Only Ruination IPA packs harder hops punch that I have had.
    Hue Beer. Import from Hue City Vietnam. Light, crisp, mildly hoppy. Nearly useless beer it is so light. But then if I lived in a Tropic, jungly country I might enjoy the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Stoat View Post
    I'm starting to like the taste of Newcastle Brown Ale. Kippis!
    I love me some Newcy Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. Seriously hoppy, very piney, delicious. Only Ruination IPA packs harder hops punch that I have had.
    I just tried out the canned version and get a lot more pine in that one IMO. Union Jack is one of the best balanced IPA's, Hopdevil is one of the hoppiest outside of the Double IPA's.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth0 View Post
    I just tried out the canned version and get a lot more pine in that one IMO. Union Jack is one of the best balanced IPA's, Hopdevil is one of the hoppiest outside of the Double IPA's.
    I passed over hop devil yesterday when I was stocking up. I will go back and grab it sometime. Never have seen Unionjack.

I passed over hop devil yesterday when I was stocking up. I will go back and grab it sometime. Never have seen Unionjack.
    Make sure to check the dates on anything IPA. Union Jack is from Firestone Walker who is from Cali, don't know where you are or if you get anything from them.

Here is a date list for a number of breweries : http://sites.google.com/site/freshbeeronly

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth0 View Post
    Make sure to check the dates on anything IPA. Union Jack is from Firestone Walker who is from Cali, don't know where you are or if you get anything from them.

Here is a date list for a number of breweries : http://sites.google.com/site/freshbeeronly
    Bookmarked.
    Ironically, IPA was first made buy shipping beer in barrels full of hops for its preservative quality.

Bookmarked.
    Ironically, IPA was first made buy shipping beer in barrels full of hops for its preservative quality.
    Yeah it is funny that the extra hopping meant for preservation, and not to be such a desired quality on the palette are just that these days.