Thread: MPnet's Fire Support Base Vengeance: Dry Mess & Canteen

  1. #208336
    Ball licker brokenclog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In ur kitchinz, eating ur Doritoz.
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    On a serious note, you do already have to show ID when entering most coffeeshops but that's just to make sure you're an adult. Same goes for a lot of bars when you look a bit young.

  2. #208337
    Amiable Scoundrel Corrupt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenclog View Post
    Yeah, you're required by law to carry one on you when you're above the age of 14. But they're actually EU ID cards. Drivers licences don't count as a legitimate ID because you don't need Dutch citizenship to get a Dutch drivers license.
    Wait what? Driving licenses aren't legitimate ID? Weird. We have no national ID card scheme here. If you need ID for something, the two most people use are Passport and Driving License.

  3. #208338
    Daddy's little boy RSone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenclog View Post
    Yeah, you're required by law to carry one on you when you're above the age of 14. But they're actually EU ID cards. Drivers licences don't count as a legitimate ID because you don't need Dutch citizenship to get a Dutch drivers license.
    I'd say they are, but not proofs of citizenship obviously. You're the jurist, though.

  4. #208339
    Ball licker brokenclog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In ur kitchinz, eating ur Doritoz.
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Lets just say that if you get pulled over, they also want to see a ID card or passport.

  5. #208340
    WTF am I doing with my life? Token White Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Melancholy Hill
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,800

    Default

    Good morning, all.

    I had an awful dream last night. I dreamed a group of Chinese cannibals were trying to cook me in a giant wok.

  6. #208341
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    Wait what? Driving licenses aren't legitimate ID? Weird. We have no national ID card scheme here. If you need ID for something, the two most people use are Passport and Driving License.
    one of the reasons why people from all over the world like to live in your country

  7. #208342
    Senior Member Migs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Token White Guy View Post
    Good morning, all.

    I had an awful dream last night. I dreamed a group of Chinese cannibals were trying to cook me in a giant wok.
    "Chinese cannibals"...why not just say Chinese.
    (as I begin eating the rest of my Imperial Tofu)

  8. #208343
    Ball licker brokenclog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In ur kitchinz, eating ur Doritoz.
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    one of the reasons why people from all over the world like to live in your country
    The other being the delicious Indian food. *nods*

  9. #208344
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenclog View Post
    The other being the delicious Indian food. *nods*
    talking about spicy food, is it possible to get a bloody nose from too much spicy food?

  10. #208345
    Daddy's little boy RSone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    talking about spicy food, is it possible to get a bloody nose from too much spicy food?
    Chipotle makes your ass bleed, or so i've heard.

  11. #208346
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSone View Post
    Chipotle makes your ass bleed, or so i've heard.
    hehe ......

  12. #208347
    Ball licker brokenclog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In ur kitchinz, eating ur Doritoz.
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Just almost choked on beer while reading "These Korean meatballs really are the dog's bollocks" in my Twitter feed..

  13. #208348
    Senior Member tercio67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    FFE's R Us
    Age
    47
    Posts
    14,413

    Default

    Good evening.

  14. #208349
    Deserter Soldat_Américain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Borderlands with Nantan Lupan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,047

    Default

    Seriously no crawfish at a N'awlins themed bar on Mardi Gras...****in' A!

  15. #208350
    WTF am I doing with my life? Token White Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Melancholy Hill
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    Seriously no crawfish at a N'awlins themed bar on Mardi Gras...****in' A!
    That blows. Love me some spicy crawfish.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •