Thread: SEALs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    2008 East Coast Reunion

thank You Ex
    You're welcome.

I couldn't figure out why the video had so many 'views' until I saw that you linked it here.

great vid. More please!

Cock Diesel & King of Amazing Analogies Baboonass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Hey Match, is the weeding out process at the Teams a 'hazing' sort of thing, or do guys show up and act like idiots and get kicked out?

Hazing, if something like that did exist, which officially it doesn't, is reserved for the guys you like, or you would like to see stick around.

10%rs get paperworked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ex3 View Post
    You're welcome.

I couldn't figure out why the video had so many 'views' until I saw that you linked it here.
    Another hot female decided to thread in this awful place. You'll be sorry

Another hot female decided to thread in this awful place. You'll be sorry
    Hot? Ha! I'm old enough to be your mother! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Macs. View Post
    THAT is a pretty good question Ravage.

I HEARD it's actually easier.
    Really,when I was watching the Sniper Comp on TV,they siad it takes thousands of rounds of practice to really start to get good at Sniping from a moving Helo.

Suspended for infractions

Quote Originally Posted by KBar666 View Post
    Really,when I was watching the Sniper Comp on TV,they siad it takes thousands of rounds of practice to really start to get good at Sniping from a moving Helo.
    An Irish team won an event in a sniper competition, that was shooting from heli's and they'd never even done it before, I guess the skill of the guy's is such (well trained snipers), that they can pick pretty much do what need's to be done under most circumstances....

Quote Originally Posted by muttbutt View Post
    An Irish team won an event in a sniper competition, that was shooting from heli's and they'd never even done it before, I guess the skill of the guy's is such (well trained snipers), that they can pick pretty much do what need's to be done under most circumstances....

They won the 50cal shoot if I remember correct with little to no experiance. I was very impressed with their performance in all events.

I've got a question, Matchanu. I've read somewhere that "SEAL's have to earn their Trident every day." I bet it it's different from guy to guy (like most things in this world), but do you think about it every day (like, today I got to remember to earn my Trident!) or does it become more of an automatic process, where you don't think about it, but just do it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroN View Post
    I've got a question, Matchanu. I've read somewhere that "SEAL's have to earn their Trident every day." I bet it it's different from guy to guy (like most things in this world), but do you think about it every day (like, today I got to remember to earn my Trident!) or does it become more of an automatic process, where you don't think about it, but just do it?

Thanks.

What I mean by that is you have to perform all of the time, 100%, there is no "slacking off".

The longer you are in, the easier the basics become, then more responsibilty is thrown at you, so you get to learn all sorts of new proficiencies.

It's a never ending process.

How much did the early BUD/S program differ from the one you went through ?
    Did they have a STT/SQT back then (1960s')? Were all Vietnam era SEALs airborne qualified ?

Quote Originally Posted by KBar666 View Post

Sniping from a helo isn't so much sniping as it is "accurate suppressive fire".

How much did the early BUD/S program differ from the one you went through ?
    Did they have a STT/SQT back then (1960s')? Were all Vietnam era SEALs airborne qualified ?
    1) Not much, if at all.

2.)Yes (different name) and yes.

I'm sure I speak for all here as to thanking you for taking time and answering our questions.
    One more thing, sometimes I saw on class A uniformes of SEAL officers a Trident and different insygnia (not Navy Jump Wings), that would mean they came from the Big Navy into Special Warfare ?

I'm sure I speak for all here as to thanking you for taking time and answering our questions.
    One more thing, sometimes I saw on class A uniformes of SEAL officers a Trident and different insygnia (not Navy Jump Wings), that would mean they came from the Big Navy into Special Warfare ?

Jump wings and a Trident are redundant. You have to be airborne qualified to earn a Trident anyway, so wearing your jump wings is basically window dressing. If you get a secondary qualification badge, you can wear that.

It makes sence, if you were in the fleet first and earn your Surface Warfare, or if you were a bubble head, etc.. wearing these brings you cred to the crew if you have to ride the ship.

If you earn your freefall wings, you can wear these.

There was a time when a few SEALs would attend EOD school and wear a crab. Not so much anymore, EOD is a long school and a lot of continuing education, you pretty much have to make a choice between one or the other.

You are only alowed to wear 2 specialty badges on a Navy uniform.