Thread: SEALs

a-stan
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2n9gr3p.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    Holy crap, can't even remember the last time I saw a spitfire radio in use...picture about halfway in, black radio the size of a PRC-117 on the one guy's back.
    117 & the PSC5 - DAMA SAT, crazy idea for a radio that actually works
    Photo was likely pre-'04/05

I was always a fan of the -117, but I can't say I ever heard anything particularly bad about the PSC-5 either other than "oh yea, that thing is old." As long as it works...hell, I'm using original SINCGARS at work right now

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Meatloaf View Post
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2n9gr3p.jpg[/IMG]
    I see a lot of guys with their antennas on the front of their gear.
    Why is this? Is it only because they want to have their radio more reachable or are there other reasons?
    And doesn't it affect your fighting skills? I know they are seals and they train a lot but it still seams ankward and as other seals still use them on their backs there must be a reason!!
    I would like for someone with real knowledge of this to answer, not for oppinions.
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by bryanferreira View Post
    I see a lot of guys with their antennas on the front of their gear.
    Why is this? Is it only because they want to have their radio more reachable or are there other reasons?
    And doesn't it affect your fighting skills? I know they are seals and they train a lot but it still seams ankward and as other seals still use them on their backs there must be a reason!!
    I would like for someone with real knowledge of this to answer, not for oppinions.
    Thanks a lot
    My honest thoughts, You don't need to know, nobody needs to know unless they are out there doing it. Hope this is not seen as me trying to be a mod, that's not the case. Just saying, there is too much out there already, and not everyone needs to know how a Team Guy or other such operator wipes his ass and why he does it that way. Anyway to any mods who see this, if you view this as me trying to do your job I don't mean it that way

Quote Originally Posted by KBar666 View Post
    My honest thoughts, You don't need to know, nobody needs to know unless they are out there doing it. Hope this is not seen as me trying to be a mod, that's not the case. Just saying, there is too much out there already, and not everyone needs to know how a Team Guy or other such operator wipes his ass and why he does it that way. Anyway to any mods who see this, if you view this as me trying to do your job I don't mean it that way
    Those high antennas caused a lot of electrocutions, at least 4 marines died in 2012.

Different type of antenna. I wear my MBITR on my front because I need access to it...changing freqs and settings, VHF-UHF, etc.

Banned user

if I am asking is because I have a reason
    if someone knows why they carry like that and don't want to share because it is a secret they don't even think of posting anything

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Star41 View Post
    Those high antennas caused a lot of electrocutions, at least 4 marines died in 2012.
    But you can wear it lower but still on the back, right?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    Different type of antenna. I wear my MBITR on my front because I need access to it...changing freqs and settings, VHF-UHF, etc.
    Ok. Cool, I tough that would be the main reason.
    And do you use it in the front with the large antenna also?
    Is there a way to separate the antenna from the radio with a wire?so that I could have the radio in a front pouch and the antenna on the back?
    thanks a lot

there are many and various antennas that can be used with that radio, depending on the mission.

Someones tired you would hardly breaking OPSEC by answering that question would you??

My guess would be that the guys with the radio on the front have to switch channel often, and like to be able to do so fast. They might talk to different units that they are working with, call in air/mortars ect.